5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 5225

Why so much negative stuff about out players after a poor game?! Martial was class against Burnley but today he's worth nothing again? Wow.
He's literally had ONE good game in the last 2/3/4 months, that's why.

Fracture90

He did make some nice runs but there simply wasn't anyone to help him out, just Rashford. Basically the entire game it was them 2 vs. entire City defence. People complaining about him and Rashford losing the ball should rewind the game and look around, there's no players available and open to pass the ball to.

He helped Darmian close down rhe shop on the left tho.

Man-United

He did make some nice runs but there simply wasn't anyone to help him out, just Rashford. Basically the entire game it was them 2 vs. entire City defence. People complaining about him and Rashford losing the ball should rewind the game and look around, there's no players available and open to pass the ball to.

This.

Devil81

He's lazy, you can clearly see he doesn't want to track back or put his neck on the line.

Flog him, he's clearly not got the bloody heart to play for the club. Jose has him sussed.

Member 5225

That's not true even a little bit though is it?
In my opinion it is. I'm sorry but for a 'world class young talent' and his price tag etc - he is nothing special for us (so far). Obviously I hope this changes. But let's say he was on loan to us and we had an option to buy at the end of the season (at whatever price we paid), would you execute?

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Why so much negative stuff about out players after a poor game?! Martial was class against Burnley but today he's worth nothing again? Wow.
Martial was fine today if we are comparing him to our other players. No one had a good game besides our defenders. He literally didn't have a chance to do anything, no support and 4 City players around him whenever he had the ball. The same as Mhki and Rashford so none of them could do much.

Man-United

In my opinion it is. I'm sorry but for a 'world class young talent' and his price tag etc - he is nothing special for us (so far). Obviously I hope this changes. But let's say he was on loan to us and we had an option to buy at the end of the season (at whatever price we paid), would you execute?
He's not been good this season, I agree. I see your point and it would have been a difficult decision based on just this season.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Depends how you look at it I suppose. You could say trying to stay switched on defensively completely nullified his attacking threat.

Totally fecked up every time he got the ball. His movement is also terrible.

It's evident he still has a long way to go in his football education if he's to fulfill his potential.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Worked his socks off defensively. This forum is BS when it starts picking on players.

Zoo

With no connection between midfield and attack I think we should have seen Martial and Rashford swapping more to keep them guessing.

Bwuk

Anyone critising him today is clueless.

Him and Rashford were completely isolated, and Martial spent the majority of his game defending, which isn't his game. He's a striker put out on the left who spent the majority of the game helping the defence.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He wasn't bad, just didn't do anything. He didn't try anything. I am expecting more from him. He should be trying to make things happen on his own, like Rashford is. Right now he seems to be going through the motions.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I really don't know what people expected. His team was defending his box and his priority was protecting Darmian. Did his job well. Anything he did beyond that was a bonus. Mourinho went for a draw.

Akshay

Staff
Think he was fine. Didn't have much to work with up front and did manage to beat his man on occasion. With more support those situations might have come to something. Defensively he really put in the hard yards and helped Darmian out a lot.

Fracture90

Some posts here are really mind-boggling.

Our team, apart from our attack was pretty much crap. Our tactic was to defend at all cost, occasionally attack on the counter if the opportunity presents.

Our attacking trio was cut out for the entirety of the game, when with the ball they had no teammates to pass to, we just didn't have attack in our gameplan.

Devil81

Anyone critising him today is clueless.

Him and Rashford were completely isolated, and Martial spent the majority of his game defending, which isn't his game. He's a striker put out on the left who spent the majority of the game helping the defence.
He's supposed to be one of the best young talents in Europe, why wasn't he taking the game to City.

A few runs and moves and it could have lifted the whole team.

Devil may care

I think we should have kept him central and put Rashford out left, he loved the hard graft, Martial did his work just fine as you could see by how Jose greeted him as he came off, but I don't think he has the engine for it that Rashers and Lingard have.

Bwuk

He's supposed to be one of the best young talents in Europe, why wasn't he taking the game to City.

A few runs and moves and it could have lifted the whole team.
Because we weren't set up to take the game to City. Every time him or Rashford went forward they were on their own.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
I thought Martial put in more effort into his defensive performance than usual, which is encouraging as it seems that he and José are finally on the same wavelength. During the first half, I thought he had some bright moments dribbling at the City defence although those bright moments completely dried up in the second half. Mind you, I don't see why he should be scapegoated for this performance. Our plan to hit City on the counter-attack made perfect, logical sense. The only problem was that we were unable to execute it on the day. Rashford and Martial ended up getting very isolated which severely hindered our ability to counter-punch. At times, they found themselves in positions with little or no support which stopped our attacks before they had even started.

clarkydaz

He's supposed to be a world class talent, he failed to push his full back once after his first run in the first half.

Himself and Mkhi were terrible tonight.
agree they were both terrible, but I hope Jose isn't turning him into Ashley Young

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He was the only attacking player who showed any spark at all, all game. A few of his runs were great. If Mkhi wasn't so poor, and especially if Fellaini wasn't such an oaf, he could have been the outlet from which to score on the counter. He also defended well. Second half he was poor on the ball though.
6 or 7/10 overall.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

All of this

Devil81

Because we weren't set up to take the game to City. Every time him or Rashford went forward they were on their own.
Whether we were or weren't he didn't test the aged Zabaleta once, there is no way Martial was on the field to cover for Darmian.

If that were the case, Lingard would have started.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He's literally not in that clip, it's Rashford who's pushed over.
No mate, not that :lol: Top left corner and Carrick's reaction when he's got the ball, wants to make a pass and he's just standing there, doing absolutely no run off the ball when City's players are more or less moved to the right handside of our play.

Carrick's having a go at him there.

Devil81

Why stop there, he could have dribbled past every City player and scored a dozen :houllier:
His job is to push back his full back and put City on the back foot, he and Mkhi failed to do that and we retreated back towards our own area.

Whatever way you look at it both wide men failed.

Litch

This place is absolutely BS. Again I'm not sure what people expected today. I was impressed today cause he contributed to the defensive performance tonight. Jose will be happy with that....

Fracture90

His job is to push back his full back and put City on the back foot, he and Mkhi failed to do that and we retreated back towards our own area.

Whatever way you look at it both wide men failed.
Not sure if you have noticed the fact that we were defending the entire game. Have you noticed that by any chance?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of the hardest scenarios for him this season, so did ok on what would have been bloody frustrating.

Runs with it from too deep at times meaning if he loses it we're on the backfoot, but he's still developing.

I dare say he'll enjoy Swansea a bit more if he's fresh enough to start.

Lingard will come in for certain, so it's unclear which of the front guys wil drop out.

Fracture90

No mate, not that :lol: Top left corner and Carrick's reaction when he's got the ball, wants to make a pass and he's just standing there, doing absolutely no run off the ball when City's players are more or less moved to the right handside of our play.

Carrick's having a go at him there.
Run into the corner flag? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.