Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajma

He showed on Saturday he has good striker movement, so people are just goldfish
Or some people only capable of seeing the final episode of the whole move, where player loses the ball, while completely ignoring what was going on in the background when the move was being played out (player taking 5 extra touches to bring the ball out, the other failing to support, etc).

gza the genius

If anything I think this game was a very positive sign from Martial. He was essentially in there to do a job, a job he definitely would not have liked. But he got stuck in and did well defensively for the team exactly like he was asked, something I think he maybe wouldn't have been so willing to do in the recent past. Offensively he was extremely isolated so you can't really criticize him for not making much happen.

Man Utd 1:1 Swansea

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Anything good going forward this half has been directly because of Tony. Get that breakthrough for us son!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Getting back to his top form when it comes to beating players. Looks a lot more confident now.

He's been a real danger that half. Hope Mou tells the team that we've underused his threat and need to play him more in second.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Our best player on the pitch imo. Showing some pace & urgency to the attacks. Need to get him more involved.

Zoo

I'd love to see him swap with Rashford more during games.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think he's looking ska bit leggy already. Did a lot of running in that half.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's a right threat against Naughton. If we could maybe just try keep giving him the ball in one-on-one scenarios we'd have a bit more success.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Playing well but he destroyed a good attack by staying down the time he went up for a header with the Swansea defender. I don't think he really was hurt there and he should have got up.

Man-United

Mixed game, but that's what you should expect from a 21 year old. Play him, play him and he will be what we all know, class. One of the better players in a poor team.

Baxter

I'd like him given a license to cheat his defensive responsibilities at times. He should be a wide forward, playing on the corner of the box rather than a winger. He's fantastic when attacking the box from around 20-30 yards.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Best player in a red shirt today. Miles better than our other attackers, who all seemed to have become color blind.

MadMike

Didn't have his shooting boots today. Should have probably got one when he cut in from the left. Faded a bit as the game went on. Still miles better than Lingard on the other flank

DizeeGorilla20

He was awful like the rest of his teamates. Beat his man twice in the first half and didn't do much else. First touch was atrocious. Couldn't be bothered if he didn't start again.

Edit: Also blocked Rooney's goal bound shot

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
You can't have wingers like him if we're not going to have the overlap. Just ends up running into the crowd and not doing anything

Zoo

Our brightest player today. Just play him in the middle more.

roykeane19

Our only player in the front line who has ability to beat players for fun, and who has alot of quality, shame hes surrounded by shit, who dont play one twos, or make runs, but just hoof the ball into the box , every oppurtunity

Minimalist

Always seems to lack support.

Full back doesn't offer it. Midfield is shite (was so shite today). Him and Rashford are the last people I'd point at.

Member 5225

In my opinion it is. I'm sorry but for a 'world class young talent' and his price tag etc - he is nothing special for us (so far). Obviously I hope this changes. But let's say he was on loan to us and we had an option to buy at the end of the season (at whatever price we paid), would you execute?
anyone?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Always seems to lack support.

Full back doesn't offer it. Midfield is shite (was so shite today). Him and Rashford are the last people I'd point at.
This is true, but one of his main issues is that he makes like difficult sometimes for his own fullback. Fullback has the ball, moves towards him, he doesn't take the other defender away, he just stands there and wants the ball to feet. He really needs to vary his movement off the ball and take the opposite fullback away to create the space for others.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So so lazy. Didn't bother making runs or trying to get in behind. Waited for the ball to his feet every time. So disappointing.

Oscie

Difference between Rashford and Martial for me is that Rashford has generally played well in recent weeks. Martial may have had the odd decent game or moment but generally his performances when he's got the chance haven't been good enough. He seems painfully disinterested at times.

BlahRules

Martial game is more give and go passes but I've seen many times only few players can play like that i.e. Mata, mikhitarian and pogba.

Unless we change our game style I don't think will see the best of him for a while.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He has majorly regressed. I don't think he's got the mental side to the game that you need to be a truly outstanding top level player. Look at Messi, Ronaldo Or Suarez, nothing fazes those players when they are under pressure. Martial just retreats into his shell at the first sight of any pressure.

Kag

He was comfortably our best player today (in a game in which the midfield was completely overwhelmed) and the criticism is ludicrous.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He was comfortably our best player today (in a game in which the midfield was completely overwhelmed) and the criticism is ludicrous.
This. I'm not sure how people are saying he was bad when he looked like the only one able to create a chance for much of the game. Then again some people still just think he's disinterested after 18 fecking months worth of evidence showing that's his natural demeanor, so idk.

kr0nix

I don't think he was lazy, he worked hard for the team. He could have got a goal and an assist on another day.

Devil may care

Agreed, some weird shit in here today. The fact he plays on the side where we have no overlap in attack makes his task doubly hard and he was still the only attacker to really cause them any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.