Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This place is absolutely BS. Again I'm not sure what people expected today. I was impressed today cause he contributed to the defensive performance tonight. Jose will be happy with that....
Could you imagine this place if that goal had stood in the 92nd min. Phew.

Conclusion should simply be, sh!T game, good result, no injuries, shame about Fellaini but we can deal with it.

Gbenger

His job is to push back his full back and put City on the back foot, he and Mkhi failed to do that and we retreated back towards our own area.

Whatever way you look at it both wide men failed.
How was he expected to push back his full back when City had the ball almost every moment and Martial spent more time defending in his own half following City's fullback because they were always attacking us?

Can you reason properly at all?

Devil81

Not sure if you have noticed the fact that we were defending the entire game. Have you noticed that by any chance?
We were defending because we were so poor in attack, we couldn't hold the ball up or create any sort of attack.

No way did we take to the field with the intention of sitting and waiting for City to score.

Scarecrow

Having a week off

This is what he should be doing. Take the ball, go forward, risk it, take on your man and show that you're better than him.

He's not awful, he's doing ok. But I don't want ok. He was supposed to be special. He was supposed to stand-out, not be "no worse than the others".

Devil81

Gonna end my input with this, I think he's lazy and lacks heart.

That's my opinion, he's got all the talent in the world but I'm not 100% he's going to deliver that talent as he looks like he expects to be great rather than pushes to be great.

Neville has him sussed.

clarkydaz

This is what he should be doing. Take the ball, go forward, risk it, take on your man and show that you're better than him.

He's not awful, he's doing ok. But I don't want ok. He was supposed to be special. He was supposed to stand-out, not be "no worse than the others".
this is the annoying thing, don't turn him into a yard dog. let him do what he is good at

Fracture90

We were defending because we were so poor in attack, we couldn't hold the ball up or create any sort of attack.

No way did we take to the field with the intention of sitting and waiting for City to score.
Nope, we we were defending because we came there with the intention to defend. Hence the only Rashford, Martial and Mikhi going forward with no support from MF.

And that push the fullbacks idea of yours is extremely odd considering we weren't even pressing high, we pretty much stayed on our half.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Run where? There's literally 5 meters of space between Zlabaleta, Martial and 16 yard box. That would have been an easy job for Bravo.

It was more the situation for Darmian to make the run.
As in, run behind Zabaleta for a long ball from Carrick? I think that's exactly what Carrick wanted to do, do what we've been doing the whole game, releasing our three attackers. Problem is the only attacker we could've released tonight was Rashford as both Miki and Martial have been shit.

Even if he didn't want to, for some stupid reason, make a run behind Zabaleta, he could've come short for the ball. He was just standing there. Even Neville had a go at him for always waiting for the ball to come to him and making it easy for Zabaleta. This is basically what has been repeated about Martial this season. It's not that I dislike him or whatever, for me he's suffering from the second season syndrome, but he's not helping himself at all in all this shit.

@Emdad Ahmed see my reply below the video.

Silas

Moreso because our transition play was poor. The midfield couldn't keep hold of the ball long enough/wasn't creative enough to feed our attackers consistently, leading to them having to come short to have a chance of receiving the ball. Once they came short it was them against a wall of blue once they were passed to so there wasn't much they could do. You say he should've played further up, but whenever him and Rashford were relatively high up the pitch, we just hoofed it as if they were Ibra and that clearly wasn't working.

Devil81

Nope, we we were defending because we came there with the intention to defend. Hence the only Rashford, Martial and Mikhi going forward with no support from MF.

And that push the fullbacks idea of yours is extremely odd considering we weren't even pressing high, we pretty much stayed on our half.
We didn't take to the field with Martial and Mkhi with the intention of defending. You can delude yourself with that fact but that's not the case, we obviously trained with that in mind as we dropped deep once it was obvious the lads didn't have it in them to break City.

Fracture90

As in, run behind Zabaleta for a long ball from Carrick? I think that's exactly what Carrick wanted to do, do what we've been doing the whole game, releasing our three attackers. Problem is the only attacker we could've released tonight was Rashford as both Miki and Martial have been shit.

Even if he didn't want to, for some stupid reason, make a run behind Zabaleta, he could've come short for the ball. He was just standing there. Even Neville had a go at him for always waiting for the ball to come to him and making it easy for Zabaleta. This is basically what has been repeated about Martial this season. It's not that I dislike him or whatever, for me he's suffering from the second season syndrome, but he's not helping himself at all in all this shit.

@Emdad Ahmed see my reply below the video.
Run where lol? There was no space, Bravo would have picked it up which would have opened a fast break or it would have been a throw in.

His off the ball movement has a lot to be desired but you choose the worst example.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
I presented you with the best argument there is, you didn't even watch the game.
Thats absolutely bollocks and doesnt make sense. If you disagree fine, but for someone who hasnt watched the game according to you, its a really specific statement to make.

Oh I cant watch United, hmmm let me just say Sterling had the better of Martial.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Run where lol? There was no space, Bravo would have picked it up which would have opened a fast break or it would have been a throw in.

His off the ball movement has a lot to be desired but you choose the worst example.
Bravo would teleport to him or is he the new Usain Bolt?

It's not what kind of example I've chosen, it's a fecking brain of our team having a go for the pretty obvious reason :lol:

Fracture90

We didn't take to the field with Martial and Mkhi with the intention of defending. You can delude yourself with that fact but that's not the case, we obviously trained with that in mind as we dropped deep once it was obvious the lads didn't have it in them to break City.
Maybe we started with them 3 upfront because they have pace to burn and are all technically sound,perfect for counter attacking style? You know counter attacking which involves you defending a lot?

Kostur

海尔的老板
/

@Fracture90

I've actually bothered to freeze the moment when Carrick is passing it to the player nearby after not being able to pass it to Martial. See where he is, it's probably the best moment you can get as the camera gets him. It's not 5 yards away from the 16 yard box.

Fracture90

Bravo would teleport to him or is he the new Usain Bolt?

It's not what kind of example I've chosen, it's a fecking brain of our team having a go for the pretty obvious reason :lol:
You're ought to go back and re-watch that video, I'm pretty sure you misjudged the distance between them. There's awful little space between Zlabaleta, 16y box and Bravo. So unless Carrick has the power to make that ball teleport itself than I don't see how da hell would Martial be able to get it. Seriously at least take into consideration the distance between them and the time the ball would have spent in the air traveling.

Kostur

海尔的老板
You're ought to go back and re-watch that video, I'm pretty sure you misjudged the distance between them. There's awful little space between Zlabaleta, 16y box and Bravo. So unless Carrick has the power to make that ball teleport itself than I don't see how da hell would Martial be able to get it. Seriously at least take into consideration the distance between them and the time the ball would have spent in the air traveling.
See above. It's not me who misjudged anything.

Fracture90

Thats absolutely bollocks and doesnt make sense. If you disagree fine, but for someone who hasnt watched the game according to you, its a really specific statement to make.

Oh I cant watch United, hmmm let me just say Sterling had the better of Martial.
Because what your saying makes no sense. He made a few runs in the first half and he closed down that left side alongside Darmian. The fact Mourinho greeted him shows he was satisfied with the job done.

Only instance Sterling got the better of him is when Martial slipped in one occasion.

Devil81

Maybe we started with them 3 upfront because they have pace to burn and are all technically sound,perfect for counter attacking style? You know counter attacking which involves you defending a lot?
So they were on there for attacking then?

Now we've gone from defending to counter attacking. So if that's the case they failed to counter attack, therefore failing to attack.

He's supposed to be a world class talent, he's not even tested the City defenders tonight. Not good enough, in my opinion, he's been terrible all season and the same issues that have seen him bombed out by France have been the reason he's not playing regularly for United.

See my earlier post, I want to leave the thread but you keep responding. I have my opinion, which I'm entitled to.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Complete loyalty to the tactical approach Mourinho decided on. I'm sure that'll please the manager, and it's pretty much a required trait in Mourinho's squads. Hopefully we'll see him unleashed again come Sunday, and have him score a goal or two.

Fracture90

@Kostur look at the moment where they are when Mikhi is passing the ball to Carrick. You conveniently disregarded that part which is odd considering that was the best moment for Carrick to send the long pass. That moment you singled out Carrick has Aguro closing him down from behind, he would have knocked the ball out from him.

Litch

Because what your saying makes no sense. He made a few runs in the first half and he closed down that left side alongside Darmian. The fact Mourinho greeted him shows he was satisfied with the job done.

Only instance Sterling got the better of him is when Martial slipped in one occasion.
Spot on. Quality player and an honest team player tonight.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Surprised by any criticism of him, he played like a wingback and still the only attacking player to have a moment or two. More than done his job. If we had a player who could initiate a counter attack, both him and Rashford could have gotten some burn, sadly Mkhitaryan pulled a disappearing act and Pogba was out.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Agreed, place has become synonymous for having both its flavours of the week and its scapgoats, been the same way since 2006 ish and has only gotten worse for it.
Yep. Some people have found their new scapegoat and simply just won't let go.

When you see people trying to have a go at an attacking player for not lighting up the place on fire in the way we set up against City then you know we're dealing with agendas now.

Some truly horrible nipicking going on just to find reasons to have a go at what now has become a scapegoat.

You could see some people just wanted to throw the lazy, unwilling tag around despite them clearly talking bollocks.

Fracture90

So they were on there for attacking then?

Now we've gone from defending to counter attacking. So if that's the case they failed to counter attack, therefore failing to attack.

He's supposed to be a world class talent, he's not even tested the City defenders tonight. Not good enough, in my opinion, he's been terrible all season and the same issues that have seen him bombed out by France have been the reason he's not playing regularly for United.

See my earlier post, I want to leave the thread but you keep responding. I have my opinion, which I'm entitled to.
Yeah you do understand the fundamentals right? Counter attacking comes when you're defending, when you're under pressure, basically when you park the bus.

Kostur

海尔的老板
@Kostur look at the moment where they are when Mikhi is passing the ball to Carrick. You conveniently disregarded that part which is odd considering that was the best moment for Carrick to send the long pass. That moment you singled out Carrick has Aguro closing him down from behind, he would have knocked the ball out from him.
Look at literally second earlier then, Carrick is faced Martial's direction, sees that he cannot do it because Martial is frozen, passes it to Valencia, proceeds to have a go at Martial.

I mean, what are you trying to prove here because I don't think I follow anymore? You've said that he was 5 yards away from the 16 yard box, I've already proven you that it's not true, he's not making a run, it's exactly why Mou played Lingard so often ahead of him.

ti vu

Worked hard tracking Zabaleta, but still quite underwhelming. Quite few times he opted for safe option (for himself) by passing back & putting pressure on his teammates. Still need to work on his off movement & read of the game. Seems to be still slow notice chance for counter attack. Can't fault the effort which is one step in right direction. Against other teams this kind of effort would help him build up his game & confidence.

Fracture90

Yeah you do understand the fundamentals right? Counter attacking comes when you're defending, when you're under pressure, basically when you park the bus.
Just curious when you're defending all the time and when you're under pressure the entire game, facing opponents high pressing game.

What's the only way to attack under those circumstances?

roykeane19

Started very well, but after that became a defender, as the whole team was camped in our half without any attempt to play football or string two passes together. As an attacking player he didnt get to do any attacking at all due to the team as a whole

Kostur

海尔的老板
Just curious when you're defending all the time and when you're under pressure the entire game, facing opponents high pressing game.

What's the only way to attack under those circumstances?
Man you're quoting yourself and talking to yourself now, weirdo.

Fracture90

Look at literally second earlier then, Carrick is faced Martial's direction, sees that he cannot do it because Martial is frozen, passes it to Valencia, proceeds to have a go at Martial.

I mean, what are you trying to prove here because I don't think I follow anymore? You've said that he was 5 yards away from the 16 yard box, I've already proven you that it's not true, he's not making a run, it's exactly why Mou played Lingard so often ahead of him.
Trying to prove that your agenda is misguided, that's all.

Like I said you've choose the wrong example. That pass was impossible to make and the space was tight.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Trying to prove that your agenda is misguided, that's all.

Like I said you've choose the wrong example. That pass was impossible to make and the space was tight.
I've got no agenda for feck's sake :lol: This is exactly the same criticism to come from Neville himself, I can bet my ass that it's the same problem Mourinho has with him. They've all got agenda against him as well?

That pass was NOT impossible to make because Carrick wanted to perform it, what's hard to understand there? You can even see him facing Martial's direction, wanting to pull it off and having to drop the idea because there's no movement. Aguero being behind him doesn't change anything in that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.