Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm one of Martial's biggest fans on here but he's done himself absolutely no favours this season, if we can get some real quality this window then he should go on loan and try and reignite his spark.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
How can you blame him in an extremely negative team set up like that. Literally our only threat on the ball.

Icemav

That's fair enough mate he hasn't been as good as expected this season all I'm saying is when you set up like we have today I can't criticise him when he's had no help what so ever.

If you think that was a good performance up until their goal it shows how much we have fell. We had one good chance which came from a poor defensive mistake where as they had 3-4 good chances. We started well for the first 25 minutes then we was awful. No intention too get outside our own half what so ever.
Yes pretty good when away from home with a fair few injuries. Not helped by our hold up play. Martial being a key part of that.

Home&Away

For some reason our fans attribute goals to work rate. There's nothing wrong with his work rate - he runs after everything he cans - he lacks the freedom in the final 1/3 that LVG gave him.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He has no idea how to play with his back to goal and his decision making is all over the shop. He lacks the basic fundamentals that make for a good striker.

On the left of a front 3 he looks dangerous, especially when cutting in from the flank, but as a center forward he doesn't have the tools to be a threat.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I refuse to believe he has forgotten how to play football. Mourinho needs to do more, to motivate this lad because he has a lot of talent. I feel like his career at United might be over with the potential addition of Greizman and perhaps Belotti.

Womp

idiot
People blaming tactics etc. are off the mark imo. He just doesn't look as good as he use to. Looks sluggish, regularly runs into players, doesn't release the ball quick enough.

Season end can't come quick enough for him imo, maybe with some proper rest and a pre-season he'll be back to his best next season.

Giggs86

You guys are talking about negative setting while forgetting that Martial has flourished in LVG's system, which was way more negative and defensive. No doubt that he has regressed this season. Next season will be make or break for him.

Maccaa

Yes pretty good when away from home with a fair few injuries. Not helped by our hold up play. Martial being a key part of that.
I just don't buy it. Parking the bus is never a good performance for such a big club. If we was any good at counter attacking then it'd be a fair point but we wasn't even bothered at doing that, we was all out defensive happy too take a 0-0.

How can you put all the blame on Martial for not holding it when he playing about a full back 4 on his own playing in a position he's hardly played in all season. There was no players around him too pass to, what do you want him to do?

Oh Yeah and plenty of teams get injuries it's part of the game. If this was LVG in charge now people would be losing their minds...

el3mel

He has an excuse of Rooney playing under him tbf but he's extremely lazy in his movements that he can't be a lone striker upfront.

I don't have big hopes from him anymore but I'll wait for next season to see his comeback.

Djemba-Djemba

Today he was triple marked so it was difficult.

He's been a huge let down though this season. So poor on numerous occasions.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
How can you blame him in an extremely negative team set up like that. Literally our only threat on the ball.
This.

He was actually really trying in that first half a lot. As I've said elsewhere, Jose to blame completely for all the shit performances.

AltiUn

He really isn't. Can you tell us you reached this conclusion based on what ?
Rashford gets a free pass on anything shit he does because he's English.

izec

Needs to pull his finger out. His whole season was a waste. I wouldnt accept another shambles of a season

el3mel

The same thing can be seen on Martial who gets almost all excuses on the world for his crap performance, from the manager to the LB behind him to the play system to everything, everything has been said as an excuse for his horrible form this season.

AltiUn

The same thing can be seen on Martial who gets almost all excuses on the world for his crap performance, from the manager to the LB behind him to the play system to everything, everything has been said as an excuse for his horrible form this season.
No, Martial gets torn to pieces.

el3mel

Based on his technical ability where he is streets ahead.

Rashford doesn't have close control like Martial has; he can't dribble in close spaces like Martial can, his passing isn't as good and he's not as clinical.
Martial play style is really uni-dimensional imo. The only thing he wants to want is to stick the ball to his leg and try to dribble past defenders. If it succeeds he appears if not he appears useless.

He can't even move behind defender for a player supposed to be pacey.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I thought he did what he could as a lone striker. His lack of movement made him easily defended by Koscielny who was winning most battles against him. Rashford when he came on did much better than Martial did the whole game because he was switching flanks and going through the middle. Rashford is rightfully higher in the pecking order for being our striker.

He wasn't helped by Rooney being a complete waste of space and Mata and Micky operating as wingbacks so his performance was average in my opinion.

ManUtd1999

I don't care about English players and typically have issues with them being hyped. But 1) Rashford is playing much better recently after a tough spell, 2) Martial's contribution to our game is very minor at the moment. Today was a tough game for him (lone striker, no Pogba, bad game by Mikhi and Rooney, etc.) but overall he is doing enough.

I'm sad to see that happening because I really like him. He should step up!

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Shit today. I'm still a big fan though. But he needs to be better.

We need another fast forward and play a quick counter attack system. Martial on the counter is devastating. In slow buildup he looks lost.

El Zoido

I really rate him, I think we need to be a better attacking force to get the best out of him. Harsh to judge him on today imo, he showed glimpses.

Icemav

I just don't buy it. Parking the bus is never a good performance for such a big club. If we was any good at counter attacking then it'd be a fair point but we wasn't even bothered at doing that, we was all out defensive happy too take a 0-0.

How can you put all the blame on Martial for not holding it when he playing about a full back 4 on his own playing in a position he's hardly played in all season. There was no players around him too pass to, what do you want him to do?

Oh Yeah and plenty of teams get injuries it's part of the game. If this was LVG in charge now people would be losing their minds...
I don't put all the blame on Martial. But I think I see the writing on the wall for him.

Icemav

Not as a center forward he isn't. Rashford is far more advanced in that role.
I used to think that Martial was the new Henry. Then I was definitely sure it was Rasford, definitely the new Henry.

Now I think it's Mbappe. 100%. Just hope we sign him.

darko

Martial reminds me of Smalling. They both have the deer in the headlights look. They don't exude any confidence. This team needs better players, but also players with bigger personalities. I'm not saying that Martial couldn't be a useful player, but I don't think that he would be one of the important players on this team if they are to be successful.

Ixion

If that was Lingard today he'd be rewarded with starting the next 5 games in a row. Martial is expected to perform miracles or its another 5 games on the bench.

Devil may care

I can't believe people are giving him shit today, he's never going to hold the ball up like Ibra, neither can Rashford, but he never stopped making runs to offer chubby checker the passing option, and that was pretty much all he had, Rooney was the only United player he saw all game as the rest were camped out in our half. Then when Rashford came on he did fine from the LW in a game the manager had already lost with his tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.