1 Yellow card
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 1, 2018

Andycoleno9 Full Member

Any new situation with .new contract?
  2. Jun 1, 2018

El-Manos Full Member

I support wishful thinking but this is something else.
  3. Jun 4, 2018

Janson Full Member

Rashford, really?
  4. Jun 4, 2018

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Even Martial is a reach, but Rashford :houllier:
  5. Jun 12, 2018

OnlyTwoDaSilvas Gullible

He's deleted everything off his Instagram up until and including his most recent United related post (the pic of him and Mata).

He's a weird guy.
  6. Jun 12, 2018

RedDevil@84 Full Member

Probably got drunk and went looney
  7. Jun 12, 2018

Di Maria's angel Captain of Moanchester United

This was brought up earlier in the thread and @Damien (I think) gave a good explanation as to why.
  8. Jun 12, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

I've not looked at his Instagram in a while (until now) but he does it every summer and he's got new pics on there since he last deleted in May.

https://www.instagram.com/martial_9/?hl=en

Not seen pic of him and Mata but I do remember a video of him and Mata on either Mata or Martial's story a while back.
  9. Jun 12, 2018

Damien Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin) Staff

Yeah, looking online he's on about what we discussed weeks ago. Not going to go through it all again but it is in one of the Martial threads.
  10. Jun 13, 2018

extincti fugax hominum New Member

I really hope he stays but even if he does not, we should definitely get the highest possible amount for him. For comparison's sake; if Dembele is valued at 150 m €, Coutinho at 160 m € and Lemar (nearly the same age, same position etc.) at 65 m €, then we should get at least around 100 m € for Martial who i think is a much better player than Lemar.
  11. Jun 13, 2018

Trizy New Member

United reposted a picture of him in an United jersey during the week. Doubt there's anything too it.

If anything, the links of him moving have stopped. Hope we keep him.
  12. Jun 13, 2018

elmo Can never have too many Eevees

Jose holds certain players to a higher standard, because he knows they’ve it in them to be much better than they think they could be. It worked well for Joe Cole (barring injuries) and Robben

Depends on how Martial sees it. He seems like the sort of player who should thrive under this sort of challenge though, and I think it’ll work out for the best for everyone when he signs a new deal and just prove Jose right.
  13. Jun 13, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Are you sure that wasn't Mitchell?
  14. Jun 13, 2018

Adisa likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Are you sure that wasn't Mitchell?
  15. Jun 13, 2018

Trizy New Member

Nope, 100% Martial celebrating a goal. Third latest picture on instagram.
  16. Jun 13, 2018

royboy16 Full Member

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
    He was in Monaco a couple of days ago,Il have to keep an eye out for him if he pops over to Nice ;)
    Lot of posts on his FB page asking him to stay at Utd.
  17. Jun 13, 2018

Micky Targaryen Full Member

Haven't been on this thread in a while, hoping the Martial hype train has slowed down.. and then I see this. :lol:
  18. Jun 13, 2018

Pogue Mahone Poster of the year 2008

"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
    ffs...
  19. Jun 14, 2018

Scroto Baggins Full Member

Put down the bong, it's affecting your rational thought processes.

Agent saying Martial wants out so Im guessing that is all she wrote. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/13/anthony-martial-wants-leave-man-utd/
  20. Jun 14, 2018

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

That's it for Martial then it seems.

I don't think he'll go on to be a world beater elsewhere, but you never know.
  21. Jun 14, 2018

Manchie Full Member

Will not be missed
  22. Jun 14, 2018

Robertd0803 Full Member

Its funny how the general line of thinking seems to have switched from keeping Martial at all costs to general apathy and thinking if he wants out then off with him.

Im firmly in the second camp, it just doesnt seem he has the mindset to get his head down and fight for his place or indeed improve any aspect of his game since he got here.
  23. Jun 14, 2018

Litch Full Member

Agree. Le Sulk and if he rates himself that highly, prove it by forcing yourself into the team. This isn't just about scoring goals. Martial is one of the laziest forward players in the team...
  24. Jun 14, 2018

James1986 New Member

Would martial realistically get into any of the other top teams in the world with his on pitch laziness? No.

Can anyone name a world class player that puts in less effort than martial?

Won’t miss him a bit.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2018
  25. Jun 14, 2018

Nick7 Full Member

Simple as for me, if a player wants to leave, push them out. As a fan I want players who are desperate to play for us. A player that decides he wants out because of something that happened in the last 6 months without even trying force himself back to where he wants to be loses a lot of good will for me.
  26. Jun 14, 2018

midnightmare Full Member

Wow! Martial and Rashford on here with Mbappe - and Mbappe is third? I'd love some of what you're smoking... Can we see where Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern or even PSG are in the queue that should then be forming to sign him?
  27. Jun 14, 2018

Yellow Black & Red New Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Before Sanchez's arrival in January he looked like he was starting to produce the goods on a consistent basis. People are criticising his attitude, but at his stage of development he should be playing as much as possible.

Also, he's still young, and has just gone through a number of big changes in his personal life over the last year or so (drama with his ex-wife, and getting a new gf at the start of this year). He and his new gf are now expecting a baby, so I'd imagine that side of things will start to settle down again and help him to focus once more on his football, and combined with a couple more years of maturation I'd expect he's very soon going to rediscover a more professional attitude - it'd be gutting if United aren't the ones to reap the benefits of that.

If he leaves this is going to be a big regret, he's comfortably at least a level above the likes of Depay, I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't turn out to be a de Bruyne, Lukaku etc. level of mistake from Jose.
  28. Jun 14, 2018

Trizy New Member

His attitude is questionable but it must be very frustrating for him being used on the bench when even Stevie Wonder can see this boy is absolutely class.

Martial starts for most clubs in the world. I wouldn't hold his seasons under Jose as a measurement of ability. If he was in Sane's position & team last season under Pep you can best your house on it he'd rip the league a new one. We're gonna be watching him closely after he leaves and wishing we had.

This club is hilarious for hoarding negativity since SAF left. One step forward two steps back.
  29. Jun 14, 2018

Robertd0803 Full Member

Exactly.
  30. Jun 14, 2018

Cassidy No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

No real suprise he wants to leave. Only real suprise is Shaw wants to stay.

One of these players lacks ambition
  31. Jun 14, 2018

Scroto Baggins Full Member

I think most are just of the opinion it sometimes just doesnt work out, for whatever reasons, and you wish the player well wherever he may go. Im not too sure how much apathy is involved, more a lets move on and get players in who are 100% committed to the club.

Although the Spurs links seem baffling, if he cannot battle against Rom for a spot what chances does he have against Kane? Arguably one of the best out and out strikers in all of Europe, and apparently effort personified when it comes to training and off the pitch effort. Chelsea would make a lot more sense as a destination, his competition is Giroud and Morata, I feel he has a real shot of forcing his way into the starting lineup.
  32. Jun 14, 2018

Cliche Guevara Full Member

He absolutely wouldn’t get a game for Guardiola.

People keep talking about how well he’d do for City or Liverpool but have you seen how hard those players work? At Liverpool their game involves quickly getting nine men behind the ball when they lose possession. It’s not like it’s six attacking players floating around fairy land waiting for the defence to give them the ball.

It’s laughable people think he’s being ruined by Mourinho and expect him to do better in a system where he’d have to work even harder.
  33. Jun 15, 2018

luke511 Full Member

34. Jun 15, 2018

sunama Baghdad Bob

The Martial hype train will only stop when he finishes his career and fails to win the Ballon Dor.
  35. Jun 15, 2018

sunama Baghdad Bob

This is true.
    I honestly can't see Martial Geggenpressing any opponent, anytime soon.
    The guy has silky smooth skills, but hard graft is not his forte.
    He'd do well as a luxury player, in a lesser league. If he moved to PSG, for instance, he'd look insanely good.
    However, in a team which is based on hard work or graft (such as Klopp, Jose and even Pep's team), he'd frustrate the manager for not working hard enough.
  36. Jun 15, 2018

sunama Baghdad Bob

Indeed.
  37. Jun 15, 2018

sunama Baghdad Bob

I doubt it.
    MCFC work on the principle that if they lose the ball, for a few seconds, they press very hard. They even foul the opponent. This means that they either get the ball back, while the ball is in the opponent's half OR they stop the opponent from building an attack, allowing their own players to re-organise themselves, to defend the freekick.
    I honestly cannot see Martial pressing hard after losing the ball. In fact, when ever I watch him and he loses possession, he either falls to the ground (and doesn't get up quickly) or accepts that the ball is lost and that he should not attempt to get the ball back from the opponent. He basically gives up.
    Sanchez on the other hand, would be a dream for Pep's system. If he loses the ball, he'll immediately attempt to get it back within a few seconds or he'll foul the opponent.
  38. Jun 15, 2018

Nick7 Full Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.