Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We can blame the system for him final ball when he was whizzing in crosses and there was no one to meet them. Instead he was playing loopy crosses which was cleared easily by the defender.
Yeah a few of those were on him. But plenty of times what he does do is dribble straight at the fullback as he's going into the box and he's waiting to see an opening, which usually just doesn't come (because there's only like 2 people in the box max) and it ends with him just trying to force it to somebody but not getting anywhere. He either does that, or tries to go for the floater to Lukaku or Fellaini which occasionally works but usually doesn't.
So yeah, I wouldn't really put too much blame on him for his wing play not fully coming off in games like today as I put that down to more systemic issues. What I would criticize him for today is the occasional being too relaxed in his passes or lofted crosses (doesn't happen too much, but enough to make a note of it), and then when he's running with the ball through the middle not being purposeful enough or selfish enough to go take the shot on his own. Looks to pass it off way too much (like that long ball from De Gea that he just had a lazy pass to Lukaku blocked) or always wants to finish with the inside of his right foot, or just pulls back and waits too long instead of just going in and shooting quickly.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
My post was talking about the dribble Martial did that killed the Bournemouth defender's ankles late in the second half, then he took the ball on to his left and did a looped cross which was too high for Lukaku.

It had people in the match day thread going crazy, even though it was the wrong decision. The player was already committed to the left and was not covering the cut inside. Martial could have had a tap in cutting inside since the other defender was pre-occupied with Lukaku.
There was no tap in on offer.

If he took shot then you would have posted how selfish Martial is.

Rossa

So many almost moments. However, the fact that he can produce those moments mean that on another day he could do much more damage. He needs to play more. A trio of him, Lukaku and Sanchez is our best attack, but we need to make it work. His close control, dribbling and speed really sets him apart.

Bwuk

He’s our best option for the left, as he’s the only one who stays wide.

Sanchez should play at #10

R'hllor

In his case nothing matters, he could score 15 tonight and it wouldnt improve his chances close enough to Sanchez.

Silas

Thought he was a threat for most of the game. His ball retention was decent and there were some nice touches like the pass to Pogba for the 2nd and the backheel to Blind in the box, but his crossing was pretty dire. Output isn't usually his issue, so it was disappointing, but not worrying. Really enjoy his chemistry with Pogba down the left-hand side.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'd give anything to see him play with some intensity. If he did that, the likes of Rashford wouldn't live with him. It's not like he can't do it either, so frustrating.

Technically he has the rest down. In his first season he was basically the full package and would be recognised as one of the best if he continued that form.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Still don’t care if he leaves. If we get a 50 million offer From anyone I’d bite their hand off.

We wouldn’t even notice he was gone if he did leave he offers so little.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like the rest of the team,he was decent.
Even if he scored a hat-trick, he'd be starting against Spurs on the right.

Witchking

Still don’t care if he leaves. If we get a 50 million offer From anyone I’d bite their hand off.

We wouldn’t even notice he was gone if he did leave he offers so little.
We wouldn't notice if he left because he hardly plays and is constantly on the bench.

worldinmotion66

He and Pogba have a decent understanding and in another system, under another manager, would probably thrive. He needs to have more of the ball in advanced areas. I'd prefer to play a pressing game with an interchangeable fluid front three but unfortunately we are more likely to see players like Martial moved on in the summer. He'll improve under the right manager.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Thought he was a threat for most of the game. His ball retention was decent and there were some nice touches like the pass to Pogba for the 2nd and the backheel to Blind in the box, but his crossing was pretty dire. Output isn't usually his issue, so it was disappointing, but not worrying. Really enjoy his chemistry with Pogba down the left-hand side.
He has excellent chemistry with Lukaku too, so that three players look great going forward at times, especially when the game opens up.

Canagel

He and Pogba have a decent understanding and in another system, under another manager, would probably thrive. He needs to have more of the ball in advanced areas. I'd prefer to play a pressing game with an interchangeable fluid front three but unfortunately we are more likely to see players like Martial moved on in the summer. He'll improve under the right manager.
Same. A interchanging fluid front three with Pogba picking the passes is our best tactic but unfortunately I think Martial is a big victim of the way we are set up. We put a lot of pressure on him to create something from nothing but in reality if the whole team was geared towards playing on the front foot, commuting players and creating chances we would find players like Martial shining a lot more. Shaw, Pogba, Martial is our best combination on the left. Martial has really good chemistry with Lukaku as well. Surely that's a good sign. Someone who can link up and adapt with anyone he is paired up with. Sanchez should play either upfront or on the right with instructions to stretch and keep the width. Martial is someone who needs to be isolated with his defender as much as possible. Then you see his close control and dribbling come into play. When hes dribbling at full flight it's a nightmare for defenders but we don't see it enough.

Last edited:

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He has a ton of skill but looks lost when he doesn't have the ball. He's stagnant too much for my liking. He could be a world beater if he had better movement. I like that he typically will keep the width, but I would also like to see him make some runs inside when the opportunity presents itself. Ideally, I would love to combine his skill with Lingards movement. He also likes to beat his man too much. Near the end of the game tonight he did some great dribbling and beat his man to the right where he could have cut in a shot with his right, but for some reason he took it back to the left again and put in a cross for Lukaku which was just a little too heavy. He needs to recognize when he has beat his man. Hate to see him go, but it doesn't seem like he's in Mourinho's plans which is a shame because he's still a young player and I don't think Sanchez has done enough to be our number one guy (let alone our #7)...

Silas

He has excellent chemistry with Lukaku too, so that three players look great going forward at times, especially when the game opens up.
Yeah, his linkup play in general is at a pretty high level. Doesn't really have issues adapting to how other attackers play. Having a good understanding with others goes a long way when it comes to playing fluid, 'uncomplicated' football.

Devil may care

Still our best option on the LW, has a better understanding with Pogba than either Sanchez or Rashford.

Sterling Archer

We miss a genuinely good winger so much we get our rocks off to a couple nice jinks that Martial puts in, albeit without the end product .

Frankly he does seem better suited to the middle and is full of potential . I don't think it's fair if he thinks he deserves to start. Need to get the basics down first

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Nothing amazing tonight but a nice run near the end and actually tried making one or two runs off the ball. I hate it when he stops in the box with the ball to turn round though. All the defenders just slot right into where they want to be then. Could have been more dangerous but didn't have the edge needed. Still has the potential we all know he has.

ash_86

Thought he didn't play great today. His dribbling was quite off and final ball was missing. A little tap on his shoulder would go a long way boosting his confidence. We all know what happens when he plays with it.

Jig1234

I don't think he has been that bad this season.

5 Premier League assists, 9 Premier League goals. Lingard has just one less. (midfielders only).

I think we will regret selling him should that happen. With a consistent run of games I think he could easily be one of our best players.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Could've had 3 assists today. I thought he looked really good.
Yeah he did look good. Glad he did ok seeing as he hadn't played for a while.

snk123

Ofcourse he looked good. He's a fecking special talent - it's so obvious

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ofcourse he looked good. He's a fecking special talent - it's so obvious
This. He’s like comfortably our best wide player. I have no idea why he doesn’t consistently start.

ash_86

Was very active when he came on. Created several chances that could've been put away.

Ashish Negi

Hopefully Now Jose will start him in next game. Was more active and dynamic than Sanchez, Lukaku, Rashford and Lingaard.

Status
Not open for further replies.