Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah he did look good. Glad he did ok seeing as he hadn't played for a while.
He's so good. I'd always have him as our first choice on the left side of the attack and have Alexis move centrally.

I'd actually go with Martial on the left, Lukaku on the right, Rashford in the middle, with Alexis and Pogba in the middle in front of Matic.

acnumber9

Played well and that’s what you want to see when he gets his chance. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t start next week.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Played really well. Not everything will come off, but you just have to keep going and making the runs and going at defenders and trying. Some things didn't work out, but he also made a few brilliant chances. Just wish we would play him way more and the staff could find a way to get him determined and happy consistently, because when he plays with a point to prove, he's terrific.

binary bot
High risk, high reward player. Bit like Nani in that regard. Some will love him and some will hate him. Lost the ball a few times but created two goalscoring opportunities.

Personally I don't mind the risk when he's committing defenders. Prefer that than playing it safe.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He's so good. I'd always have him as our first choice on the left side of the attack and have Alexis move centrally.

I'd actually go with Martial on the left, Lukaku on the right, Rashford in the middle, with Alexis and Pogba in the middle in front of Matic.
Yeah I would try that as well, but I'm not the manager:D

We'll see what happens. I'm just glad he showed some of his qualities today as chances for him are hard to come by and he needs to make the best of it.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He's trying to impress to much. Was a breath of fresh air when he came on though. Needs to stick to the basics to improve his consistency.
Trying too much and two should-be assists in 30 mins is the result. Hope he keeps trying too much.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
So tell me how did he lose his place after playing well in January for consecutive matches?
Martial had 3 goals and 2 assists spread evenly over those four starts. Two bangers (one vs stoke, one vs everton). Mourinho chose to put Sanchez in his position once he came in. Martial said hi to the right side of the pitch and then said hi to the bench.

Jazz

He's trying to impress to much. Was a breath of fresh air when he came on though. Needs to stick to the basics to improve his consistency.
Both him and Rash will always try to impress when they come on because chances nowadays are few and far between because of the competition. You will get anxious wanting to do your best because of this reason.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah I would try that as well, but I'm not the manager:D

We'll see what happens. I'm just glad he showed some of his qualities today as chances for him are hard to come by and he needs to make the best of it.
Yep! With CL secured hopefully Martial will start some games again now. He might even impress enough to play in the final.

acnumber9

So tell me how did he lose his place after playing well in January for consecutive matches?
He didn’t lose his place until he started playing poorly. Started four of the five league games after we signed Sanchez and then he got injured. No need to let facts get in the way though.

Jazz

Hopefully this match will push Mourinho into starting him more often, with Sanchez moved over to the right. It 'should' be our strongest team if we're playing 433. Neither Lingard nor Mata suit playing the wider position in that formation.
As someone already mentioned, play Sanchez central (he's always there anyway) and Lukaku on the right.
Lukaku is surprisingly not bad there.

Gbenger

Martial had 3 goals and 2 assists spread evenly over those four starts. Two bangers (one vs stoke, one vs everton). Mourinho chose to put Sanchez in his position once he came in. Martial said hi to the right side of the pitch and then said hi to the bench.
Exactly. That's why I can never understand the proposition of Martial playing well to win his place that many are on about. He already did that, was playing well, then lost his place when he was playing at his best. Where's the logic in that?

Canagel

Martial is one of the best players in the squad and the most naturally gifted attacker we have. It amazes me that we can't find a place for him in the team.

acnumber9

Exactly. That's why I can never understand the proposition of Martial playing well to win his place that many are on about. He already did that, was playing well, then lost his place when he was playing at his best. Where's the logic in that?
Where’s the truth in that? He didn’t lose his place until March. When he got injured.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
One thing that annoyed me was that he refused to go outside more. Bit predictable cutting in everytime, he's ran past defenders to the byline before and played a peachy low cross or two with his left.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Sanchez on the right (I mean the current Sanchez and not the one who played there at Udinese or Barca) is even worse than Martial on the right.
He's barely played there for us, so I tend to think it's too early to say. If we try it a number of times and he continues to struggle then we have a tough decision to make, but we should give it a proper try first.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He didn’t lose his place until he started playing poorly. Started four of the five league games after we signed Sanchez and then he got injured. No need to let facts get in the way though.
He wasn't playing in his preferred position though. It would be great if he were equally as good on either side, but unfortunately he's shown that he's significantly better on the left than he is on the right.

Gbenger

Sorry, but there's no fact that would support you here.

He scored for 3 consecutive games (ended up as our best player that month), then immediately lost his place on the left to Sanchez in the 4th match. Then he got benched the game after that; No, he was not injured at that point. Tell me why he got benched that moment? Was Jose resting him?

acnumber9

He wasn't playing in his preferred position though. It would be great if he were equally as good on either side, but unfortunately he's shown that he's significantly better on the left than he is on the right.
Aw, diddums. He played on the left v Chelsea.

NinjaFletch

Sorry, but there's no fact that would support you here.

He scored for 3 consecutive games (ended up as our best player that month), then immediately lost his place on the left to Sanchez in the 4th match. Then he got benched the game after that; No, he was not injured at that point. Tell me why he got benched that moment? Was Jose resting him?
Because he was shit in the 4th game.

You can excuse that by saying that he was put on to the right and he's not as good there, and you'd be right, but he was still benched for being awful in that game and for no other reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.