6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walters_19_MuFc

Can someone tell me what exactly he did when he came on that was so impressive?

All I saw was him get the ball and try to pass it into the box, only for it to be cleared easily by an Arsenal player.
He wasn't great, to be honest. However, his positioning meant it stretched Arsenal's back four, and it allowed he and Young to create attacking overloads out wide.

M Bison

Supports
York City
This basically destroys any credibility you could possibly have. He was clearly very good. A couple of bad passes but he changed the pace of the game, had Bellerin on toast and set up 2 or 3 good chances.
Youre going overboard here, we just have a different opinion.

For me I think we need more, I didn’t seen him roast Bellerin in the same way you did and found his final ball absolutely shocking.

I also have no idea why he constantly comes deep for the ball, he should be pushing the full back further back, receiving the hall in the half turn. He comes deep, then turns to run at his man which is far easier to play against and reduces the options for the man in possession.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Created another great chance for Smalling who sadly misfired.
Not to mention he found Pogba on the edge of the box which Pogba should've hit first time. Could've easily had 3 assists. It was a brilliant cameo!

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Will be absolutely heartbreaking to see him unleash his potential at Juve, who you just know will come in with some scandalous bids.

Sandro in return as a minimum.

Smores

Thought his overall game was his usual ineffective self personally. He might do some nice close control whilst he runs into 3 defenders but its his goal threat thats usually his saving grace and he didn't get it. Couple of semi decent crosses isn't enough

Would have stuck him up front instead of Rashord. On the wing he's turning into Nani but without the assist record. 2 or 3 times a game he'll cut in and run into bodies to try and recreate previous goals. It's the type of shit our fans went irate at Nani for

Grande

Rashford hasn't shown any superior level of football IQ to make that assumption. He makes as many, if not more, boneheaded decisions. Also, if I had Martial's touch and ball control at speed, maybe I would be a professional footballer. None of the names you mentioned have his touch or his talent. You can talk about the motor if you want, but motor with very little end product ends up maybe looking better but not doing feck all about the end result. Martial, at least, has made improvements this season where even if he had a poor game (like the rest of the team often), he would still produce something, whether it was an assist/goal or a chance on a platter that wasn't finished.

He is so polarizing, it's really fascinating to read some of the comments on this thread. [...]
I don’t know if you refer to my post, but while you quote it: I am not one who wants Martial out, he is one of the most exciting players to watch. I did write that his talent when it comes to ball treatment is significantly bigger than the other players I mentioned, which was exactly my point. You may think Mourinho is in the ‘against Marial’ camp, but when Rashford, Lingard and McTominay (in 2018) gets about as much game time as Martal, I think it points towards qualities they have that Martial so far is lacking in, and that are important to
mourinho - results wise.

Rashford may not make better choices, but he has a lot more initiative, which makes him so far better at influencing the games quicker, I find.

Lingard likewise, and he is much more proactive both attacking and defending. He makes it easier for the players around him, compared to Martial.

McTominay is seemingly a fast learner and clearly understands what Mourinho needs from him in different roles.

They are not better players than Martial now, but for a Mourinho they seem to be as useful.

In a few years, it may be that Martial develops his mentality, or gets used differently, and leaves the others well behind.

There is still a possibility that the others capabilities to engage and learn will keep them developing at a higher rate, and end up winning more than Martial in this complex team sport.

I hope they all win the CL with United m, together, in a few years time ...

Brighton 1:0 Man Utd

Nick.

Asked for the ball to his feet all game. Did he make even one run in behind the Brighton defense all game? I must have missed it.

Chiken138

Supports
FC Bayern München
If Juventus want him this badly, swap him with Douglas Costa. I drive him to Turin myself if Juventus agree a swap deal

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
And here come the trolls, terrible performance by the whole team, Martial looked the most likely to make something happen, and yet his threads will be the first to be bumped up with people complaining he was the worse thing to happen to this team.

:houllier:

ash_86

Defiantly low on confidence. None of his skill was working out today . Much better than Rashford though

JohnnyKills

If Juventus want him this badly, swap him with Douglas Costa. I drive him to Turin myself if Juventus agree a swap deal
Would you drive Pogba as well? And Rashford? Because they didn't play like they give one either tonight.

Nick.

And here come the trolls, terrible performance by the whole team, Martial looked the most likely to make something happen, and yet his threads will be the first to be bumped up with people complaining he was the worse thing to happen to this team.

Yes, everybody who thinks he did bad are trolls, we are all wrong and you are right.

el3mel

If this performance is a message from him that he wants to leave, the door is open then.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Its got to be the instructions and tactics, no way can he do so well against Arsenal by staying wide and dragging defenders out of formation and then turn in this dog shit trying to drop into midfield and link play.

NinjaFletch

I can't honestly believe he's been at the club this long and no one has told him, or he hasn't realised it himself, that he should try to actually get into the fecking game from time to time.

I honestly reckon a traffic cone could do a man-marking job on him when he doesn't get balls to feet.

acnumber9

Brought on by those who think the sun shines out of his arse. More balance is required on both sides of the fence. What did he look like he was going to make happen?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yes, everybody who thinks he did bad are trolls, we are all wrong and you are right.
No, everyone who thinks he was the worse outfield player, or brought nothing to this awful team today are the trolls. With Pogba, Mata, and Rashford just to name a few who have been clearly worse, guess who's threads are blowing up with criticism? Martial. That's troll-level shit posting.

Handré1990

Only saw the first half due to some housework piling up. Was he really that bad in the second half? Had him second to DDG i the first due to effort.

finneh

Having a bad game is excusable... The lack of effort and abject apathy when things aren't going right is not.

There's dozens of less talented but far, far better players that are desperate to player for United. Hell he's behind at least one of the in the current pecking order in Lingard.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If this performance is a message from him that he wants to leave, the door is open then.
He was trying for goodness sakes. Made mistakes and definitely needs to work on his movement etc. However, to say he was disinterested is just wrong.

I don't know what you expect from players sitting on the bench for weeks and who aren't even coached properly.

I refuse to have a go at him or Rash when Jose is so poor at coaching the attacking aspect of our game.

acnumber9

Its got to be the instructions and tactics, no way can he do so well against Arsenal by staying wide and dragging defenders out of formation and then turn in this dog shit trying to drop into midfield and link play.
Yeah, there’s no doubt the manager told him to half arse his way around the pitch.

el3mel

He was trying for goodness sakes. Made mistakes and definitely needs to work on his movement etc. However, to say he was disinterested is just wrong.

I don't know what you expect from players sitting on the bench for weeks and who aren't even coached properly.

I refuse to have a go at him or Rash when Jose is so poor at coaching the attacking aspect of our game.
Stop giving excuses. All players today deserve 0/10 and he's not any different.

FerociousCorgis

First half looked lively and was the best outfield player...2nd half looked like he didnt give a rats ass and was horrendous. No idea what happened at halftime if mou kicked his puppy or something idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.