6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He must play him. This is ridiculous by Jose. Let Sanchez play somewhere else. Martial also links up well with everybody else in the team - Sanchez hasn't done this yet. We're at a critical stage of the season, we shouldn't have messed with our attack at a time like this, of which Martial was starting to play a crucial role imo.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Our best attacking player. Why is so fecking hard to put him on the left and sanchez on the right? Jose is for me the best manager in the world( yes, imo) but this is just wrong what he is doing with martial. He is not right winger and he is not player for bench.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Doubt it. Think the Spurs and Newcastle games have put Jose off starting him together with Lukaku and Alexis in big games for a bit.
So dissapointing. There is so much pace and goals in that front 3 you would think it could make a great counter threat for a Jose defensive setup.
Especially with Pogba being able to find the passes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Also the recent performances with him he's shown a lot more hunger and aggression on the pitch. That's exactly what we want to see from him and showing that consistently is what he needs to do to step up as a player.

jungledrums

Also the recent performances with him he's shown a lot more hunger and aggression on the pitch. That's exactly what we want to see from him and showing that consistently is what he needs to do to step up as a player.
Precisely, surely he needs to be rewarded with a start soon. Would be shocked if he’s benched for Chelsea.

Acesty6

full preparation and training is the key to his hope he can do this trying it is not that bad

ricky-romeo

Our best attacking player. Why is so fecking hard to put him on the left and sanchez on the right? Jose is for me the best manager in the world( yes, imo) but this is just wrong what he is doing with martial. He is not right winger and he is not player for bench.
this. martial got to start on the left full stop.

alexis hasn't been firing all cylinders too which should make it easier for jose to move him on the right or behind lukaku to start martial on the left wing.

ti vu

While it's early days, but he seems to finally understand what is being asked of him with Alexis joining the squad: add more aggressiveness/explosiveness and intensity in his attack. He is naturally gifted with his dribbling, now this high intensity running at defender :drool:. Keep up and he would move to next level within this season.

I think the players are given the right to work thing out with each other in this case. I meant look like this Alexis is known established world class player. He had been occupying the left side of the attack at Arsenal, and his reputation means that you don't just order him to play nowadays less preferred position (despite it was once time his zone). Martial has been doing well this season to earn the starting spot, but he still inconsistently shows is required (the high intensity) for this position, so he got shoehorned in the team to the right side. Now Martial knows clearly what needed to be done (adding aggressiveness to his game) and push for it. Alexis needs to realize what is good for the team and do the sacrifice. The players work things out voluntarily, it's better long term this way than the forcing them do thing as if they're schoolboy

Last edited:

redIndianDevil

While it's early days, but he seems to finally understand what is being asked of him with Alexis joining the squad: add more aggressiveness/explosiveness and intensity in his attack. He is naturally gifted with his dribbling, now this high intensity running at defender :drool:. Keep up and he would move to next level within this season.

I think the players are given the right to work thing out with each other in this case. I meant look like this Alexis is known established world class player. He had been occupying the left side of the attack at Arsenal, and his reputation means that you don't just order him to play nowadays less preferred position (despite it was once time his zone). Martial has been doing well this season to earn the starting spot, but he still inconsistently shows is required (the high intensity) for this position, so he got shoehorned in the team to the right side. Now Martial knows clearly what needed to be done (adding aggressiveness to his game) and push for it. Alexis needs to realize what is good for the team and do the sacrifice. The players work things out voluntarily, it's better long term this way than the forcing them do thing as if they're schoolboy
Why the hell are we paying so much for coaches and managers? We should really let the players work it out for themselves.

ti vu

Why the hell are we paying so much for coaches and managers? We should really let the players work it out for themselves.
It's management work. For example: SAF contained Ronaldo diving habit, not by he himself go hair drying Ronaldo in the face. He turned green light for the senior players to toughen up Ronaldo. SAF intervien when it went OTT, like with Keane MUTV incident. It builds up the bond between player rather than turning them to robot (LVG's style of micro management everything). The players are learning together and earn respect from each other's. Senior players get their authority while young players work to push on.

Edit: it's not just football. If you pay attention, you can see it in job, especially those with high skill. Talented people often have big ego. Managing them by 100% force is bad. Challenge them, but give them freedom for them to resolve and voluntarily stay in line.

Last edited:

red4ever 79

Criminal act to buy Sanchez and drop this guy. Sanchez should be shunted to the right. This guy has all the tools to be a top top player.

STYLOISRED

Jose has to put Martial back on the starting line up. He occupied Navas more in his brief cameo than Sanchez did the entire match

Santoryo

ripping the reward
These little cameos and bench role could continue for quite a bit then people will pretend that Martial is getting what he deserves because he isn't delivering when in truth his manager is failing him AGAIN.

This happens over and over with the Martial-Mourinho dynamic. It's a one way affair, Martial works hard get himself in a situation where he has and should prosper than Mourinho messes it up somehow.

Mourinho had no reasons to shift a guy in the form of his life, winning us games in a position where he's known to not quite perform as well. After a solid run of form earning us valuable wins Martial get rewarded by being shifted, then predictably underperformed like everyone and their dogs called to then be followed by being back on the bench and getting cameo appareances.

How Mourinho has managed to disrupt and mess up the rythm of arguably our 2 best outfield performers in January(Martial and Pogba) alone should take some feats.

What team or manager out there toss their best performing player aside, disrupt everything going right for some bizarre shoehorning tactics? Then again I shouldn't be surprised Mourinho was quick to discard his last season best player without a second thought, so him tossing Martial aside shouldn't have come as a surprise.

It's funny how people talks about these things, call them then we end up arguing against them, naively believing Mourinho would do the right thing and not just disrupt what's been going well on the team but rather fix what's not, to then in reality see him let you down and looking like a naive fool for even believing.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very disappointing to see Martial on the bench. He should play as LW with Sanchez as RW. He was having such a good season scoring goals and providing assists and everything sort of dried up since Jose started to shuffle his position.

At least they should swap wings like Giggs - Ronaldo used to do in 2006-07.

Greck

Why I was glad we didn't get Perisic as there was no way Jose was going to favour a youngster over a veteran in his favoured position.

haram

He looked lively when he came on. We have problems away from home dealing with a press and countering.

Away from home there might be a problem playing Sanchez on the left because he drifts inside even when he doesn't have the ball. Martial is better at staying wide, he tends to only really drift inside when he has the ball. I think against Chelsea it might be a 352 so Sanchez will partner Lukaku, but going forward in a 433 I think we need to see how Martial - Lukaku - Sanchez goes.

Our away form and counters are killing us atm.

Oldham

Madness he's not playing when our attacking play seems to based on individual actions and he's our best attacking player in that sense

Santoryo

ripping the reward
A few days before Sanchez signing I along with many other were both laughing and getting irritated at the same time hearing people like Carragher and other pundits go on how Martial position is in danger. Of course that was unfathomable given the form Martial was in.

We were all giddy at the prospect of reinforcing and fixing our right side. With Martial firing and tearing up on the left, another scary player on the right doing the same was mouthwatering prospect. Some of us had wet dreams about that.

Fast forward a few weeks and I'm looking like a fool for thinking Carragher and his media goons were talking nonsense. I mean these things happen a lot with Mourinho so much that they've become predictable but somehow we allow ourselves to believe and fall victim over and over.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No chance he should be on the bench. The momentum he had when he scored 3 on the bounce has deflated by shunting him around and dropping him to the bench.

diplomat

Mourinho is not handling our young stars properly and it's something he is notoriously known for. If it came down to either selling players like Martial and Pogba or sacking Mourinho, I'd go with the latter.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mourinho is not handling our young stars properly and it's something he is notoriously known for. If it came down to either selling players like Martial and Pogba or sacking Mourinho, I'd go with the latter.
They both started the season so well. Martial was excellent till Alexis came. And even since he's been fine but just not getting opportunities or getting them in his least preferred position. Rashford has sadly gotten worse as the season has gone on.

Look, I know this is probably me being selfish but players like Pogba, Martial and Rashford are the ones that you want to see developing into something special at United. Jose's preference for the likes of Lukaku, Lingard, Mata etc is not ''wrong", it's just a bit drab.

OL29

They both started the season so well. Martial was excellent till Alexis came. And even since he's been fine but just not getting opportunities or getting them in his least preferred position. Rashford has sadly gotten worse as the season has gone on.

Look, I know this is probably me being selfish but players like Pogba, Martial and Rashford are the ones that you want to see developing into something special at United. Jose's preference for the likes of Lukaku, Lingard, Mata etc is not ''wrong", it's just a bit drab.
It's not even selfish imo, it's natural to want our most entertaining players in the lineup.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yep, 2 chances created and got an assist for one of them.

I've said before, I think he's our best CF option. Holding off the CB there and laying off a lovely pass was fantastic.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty much the only guy who looked good out there so far. He's inconsistent, sure, but I'd say he's arguably our most consistent attacker anyway in terms of his performances!

binary bot
He should be given the kind of creative freedom that Sanchez has.

His close control in tight spaces is excellent.

Ever notice that people get less annoyed when he punts a hopeful cross in towards Lukaku than they do when he loses it trying to beat his marker? I’d rather the latter 8 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.