6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pace Abuser

It's peak caf when we have two players fighting for a spot. It should be a good selection headache, but on here it becomes a polarised debate with camps for each player.

Martial was the buy, Rashford was the serendipity, enjoy both for the slightly different game they have! I think Martial fans have become combative because of the insecurity surrounding his long term future in the manager's plans. Unfounded in my opinion. It's normal ebb and flow of a young talent and the expected inconsistency that comes with that, Jose is working around it.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm also of the belief that Martial is the more talented of the two, but so what? We all know talent only takes you so far. To think that because Martial is more talented than Rashford means that he should be ahead of him is silly. There are so many other factors that trumps talent in the making of a successful career. There are definitely some people here with short memories of how dangerous Martial can be (was the 15/16 season that long ago?), or the fact that he hasn't played much and was given sporadic time to make an impact on games when Mourinho took over.

However, I think there has to be a reason that we don't see as to why Martial was not playing as much as his talent dictates. To me, that falls back to the training ground where we don't necessarily knows what happens but believe me, Jose Mourinho is under pressure like any head coach at a big club, and it's in his best interest to use the best players he has available, if he didn't with Martial last season I feel the blame falls more on Martial than simply Jose having a problem with him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Encouraging words from Jose about Martial.
One of the rare time I've seen or heard Mourinho said something complimentary about Martial without sounding like he has to PR his way into saying those things.

Hopefully much positive comes from this. Martial keeping his head down while working hard with some patience and Mourinho putting in some faith in the lad and giving him some leeway and fairer management.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Andc hopefully these talks of wanting Perisic because he's some old school winger would finally die. He was wanted because of the wingback system.

I kept saying that old school wingers don't exist anymore and what your Martial, Neymar, Hazard, Robben,Ronaldo etc are what currently considered wingers. Managers know this and all these talks of people saying we need old school wingers and all that bla were just assuming in Jose's place.

Jose himself knows he has what would be considered in today's game PURE wingers and Perisic purchase was mostly because of trying to play with wingbacks.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If we do still sign a wingback, I'd like to see us play 343.
Would be a way of getting Rashford and Martial playing as pure attackers and still maintaining width.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Got him in my starting lineup for tomorrow with Rashford being the sub this time around. Hoping he continues the positive impact he made last time and lights up the game over an extended period of time.

Mr Smith

Never understood the notion that Mourinho doesn't rate him.
Mourinho isn't blind.
Yeah this has always exaggerated in my opinion. Jose has a history of publicly criticising and/or dropping players with the deliberate intention of motivating them to improve. He certainly thinks Martial has things to improve on, but he knows how talented he is and certainly sees him as an asset. The idea that he doesn't like him is a completely constructed one.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Good words from the boss. It seems that he sees the improvements of Martial and also Mkhi, Rashford etc. and that they seem to have a good understanding with Lukaku (better than with a static striker like Ibra) and therefore the need to bring in another attacker right is not too urgent.
We have the backbone with Matic-Pogba and Lukaku and a lot of options for the other positions depending on the opponent and situation.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
How many more does he need to start ahead of Rashford?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's far superior tp Marcus 3 chances for 1 goal Rashford

Duafc

Village Lemon
Fantastic composure and balance. Loved the passion in the celebration as well!!

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Rashford is a talent but Martial is miles ahead of him at his best. Deserves to start next game.

OneUnited24

He better start next game! Looks a lot more hungry this season. I think the tough love from Jose has done it

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Talk about forcing Jose to start him. Excellent so far. I know it's a cliche but looks far more hungry.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Mourinho will like this. He's been dropped at the start of the season, kept on the bench despite a goal and has come on and got another. It's that attitude Mourinho has been after.

Womp

idiot
Great run and finish for his goal, what we need to see more from him. Keep it up Anthony lad.

Turamb

He smiles when he scores
He smiles when he scores
Tony Martial
He only smiles when he scores

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
A reminder of his talent to all the nay sayers. He's one of the most talented players in the world never mind United.

Status
Not open for further replies.