Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I am one of the least pro-Mourinho guy, but despite the man being stubborn he is not stupid, if Sanchez keeps performing poorly, Martial will get his chance. He will be under immense pressure not just from the fans, but the board who overruled him when he wanted to ship Martial. I'm hoping for Tony to prove him wrong and nail that left wing spot or play up front along Lukaku as I think they could be very dangerous and have shown a good understanding in spots.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I don't get your point? If Rashford performs like that Martial will take his place. That's what happened last season. The same with Mata.

JM has been very fair in that respect. If you perform your in. Don't see why that would change with Martial. He'd of started tonight if he hadn't of took longer on paternity.
Yes, you don't get it. With rashford is fair fight. But it is a fight for first backup option. Main story is first 11. On martial position we have Lukaku and alexis. Do you see any of them benched? Well, i don't. If you do, then ok.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will be needed. The second most reliable goal scorer at the club after Lukaku.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yes, you don't get it. With rashford is fair fight. But it is a fight for first backup option. Main story is first 11. On martial position we have Lukaku and alexis. Do you see any of them benched? Well, i don't. If you do, then ok.
I see Rashford benched, Alexis on the right and Martial on the left if Sanchez keeps performing like he has this game. It could have been an aberration as well and if he kicks on, then I think Martial will leave by January.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He is gne by christmas. Delighted for him.

UncleBob

Unless he signs a new contract soon, which would be a bit of a surprise, I can't see him playing much. Mourinho will prioritize the players that have a long term future at the club.

Adisa

Confirmation that he was fined. But looks like that's water under the bridge. I expect him to play some part on Sunday.
Mourinho complained about not being able to give him minutes.

Confirmation that he was fined. But looks like that's water under the bridge. I expect him to play some part on Sunday.
Mourinho complained about not being able to give him minutes.
I agree - I think it was just a formality

Red_Ramirez

If he stays this season he'll get his opportunities...I just hope he takes them. It's last chance saloon

FFs come on Martial!! do you a kick up the arse 24/7?:lol:

GM K

I am one of the least pro-Mourinho guy, but despite the man being stubborn he is not stupid, if Sanchez keeps performing poorly, Martial will get his chance. He will be under immense pressure not just from the fans, but the board who overruled him when he wanted to ship Martial. I'm hoping for Tony to prove him wrong and nail that left wing spot or play up front along Lukaku as I think they could be very dangerous and have shown a good understanding in spots.
How do you know he wanted to 'ship Martial' and the 'board overruled him'? Just curious because from all the reports, it's Martial who wants to leave and his agent gave two reasons: 1. He and United have been unable to agree on a new contract for months 2. Lack of adequate playing time.

Andersons Dietician

How do you know he wanted to 'ship Martial' and the 'board overruled him'? Just curious because from all the reports, it's Martial who wants to leave and his agent gave two reasons: 1. He and United have been unable to agree on a new contract for months 2. Lack of adequate playing time.
Story from the previous year when we were linked with Peresic. ‘Supposedly’ the board told him Martial wasn’t for sale even tho Jose was happy for him to go.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Martial, according to multiple reports (make of that what you will), was on Mourinho's exit list and Woodward along with ownership turned down the notion as they are big believers in the lad. It's pretty clear Mourinho isn't a big fan and would have looked to make a deal happen. Now there are some who believe they tried and just couldn't find a suitable offer, and there are others who said whatever offer they were going to find (outside of the kind you never turn down) wasn't going to happen as the board was keen on keeping one of their young potential star player, instead of selling him for a 30+ years old replacement.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is so much better than rashford, mata and lingard. As i remember:wenger:. It was long time ago since he played on left wing.
I hope he will play from the start in next few games.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He has had his ups and downs since his arrival, but i always expected this season to be the one where he cemented his place as a regular player, with a good few world class performances and some stability. Im glad he is still at the club, because there is still a chance he might prove himself this season, but sadly i don't have high fecking hopes where thats concerned. Doesn't matter who's at fault, its our loss anyways.

Canagel

He will be needed. The second most reliable goal scorer at the club after Lukaku.
I'd go as far as saying the most reliable if he is playing with confidence. If either of them were one on one with the keeper I'd trust Martial more as strange as it may sound.

MDFC Manager

I'd go as far as saying the most reliable if he is playing with confidence. If either of them were one on one with the keeper I'd trust Martial more as strange as it may sound.
Not strange at all. If his development hadn't stalled under Mourinho, I wouldn't be surprised if he scored the same or more goals than Lukaku.

Canagel

Not strange at all. If his development hadn't stalled under Mourinho, I wouldn't be surprised if he scored the same or more goals than Lukaku.
We're not even getting the best out of Lukaku. I mean he even scored more goals for Everton. What's the point of using him as a target man and not having one decent crosser in the whole team? We had Martial and Rashford on fire in the last stages of the LVG reign and then suddenly Jose comes in and decides to go in a completely different direction signing two target men strikers in Ibrahimovic and Lukaku. They've both done well but we'd have been better off building the rest of the team with the money that was spent on Lukaku in particular. Would our results have been better if we'd stuck with Martial upfront but signed a LB and RB with the Lukaku money? I think so. It's our style of football that makes Martial look poor. Both him and Rashford showed they are capable and that's in a team much worse than the team we have now.

spiriticon

If family comes first and he really had to go without informing his boss, then he should take that fine on the chin and just get on with it.

He's a bit thick if you ask me, but eh.

redIndianDevil

Even if Mourinho doesn't prefer him, we'd have give him some minutes to put him in the shop window, if we hope to recoup at least a part of his transfer fee.

Red Devil man

I think he is a great player but because of Sanchez he doesn’t get much game time which annoys me since Sanchez hasn’t done much for us since he has joined so hopefully we play martial a lot more this season

SER19

Hope he can just knuckle down this season. Even without starting every week he should be good for 15-20 a year when he’s on form he’s so clinical. Think rashford will start today though, being judged to be a little ahead in prep.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Can't believe he's starting, thought he'd see the season out on the bench. Best play like he has a point to prove today.

Adisa

Can't believe he's starting, thought he'd see the season out on the bench. Best play like he has a point to prove today.
There is no advantage to Mourinho banishing him. The team doesn't score enough as it is.

Without Sanchez and Matic playing Mourinho will absolutely kill him if he doesn't track back. Hopefully he has a good game and starts to prove he can put the work in at both ends of the pitch.

Shimo

No matter how he plays, he needs to just fight through out the game, put the effort in. I mean I hope he has a brilliant game too but, it's first game for him in a while. No excuse to at least give it his all.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Hope he delivers, but this has the first half of Huddersfield away written all over it.

I hope you are all ripping me later and he's had a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.