5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

1 goal, 1 assist in 6 matches under Ole. Only 7 shots taken in that period.

Martial is only player who hasn't gone up a level under Ole for some weird reason, hope he picks it up going forward. We need more productivity from him.
We aren’t playing through him that much, which is fine by me as long as he still contributes and results are there.

GM K

Today and in the last game, Martial seemed to sulk when substituted. I hope that's because he felt he could have done more.

I thought he was pretty average today.

Janson

Waiting for @Janson @Dante @haram to have a field day as he didn’t score or assist.
Decent game today, should have involved more and nearly scored a brace.
Just an average performance from him. I'm not saying that because he didn't score or assist. Just thought that he made the wrong decision most of the time when on the ball. He was also invisible pretty much in the first half.

That run he made for his one on one with the keeper was great though and something that he doesn't do enough. Unbelievable takedown as well.

RedStarUnited

Today and in the last game, Martial seemed to sulk when substituted. I hope that's because he felt he could have done more.

I thought he was pretty average today.
You want that, no player should want to come off especially for Lukaku.

RooneyLegend

I'm currently very frustrated by him. Seems to be lacking intensity in his game. He really is struggling to impart his god given gifts on our games. Thought he was playing well at the beginning of the second half, then faded again.

Dante

Average bang
Waiting for @Janson @Dante @haram to have a field day as he didn’t score or assist.
Decent game today, should have involved more and nearly scored a brace.
What are you on about?

You're one of the most anti-Martial posters on the site. If you think this was a decent performance for Martial, you're massively underrating him. He's a world class talent.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
After a poor first half I felt he did better in the second - had some good moments but we need him to be a constant running threat throughout 90 minutes as he is so key to our ability to stay on the front foot.

If we are to sustain this run of form and results we need Tony to come to the party too.

Walters_19_MuFc

I want to see him forcing the issue at times. Its all good dropping and passing, but to effect the game, sometimes I want to see him be a bit more greedy. He's our best dribbler of the ball. He needs to do more of it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I want to see him forcing the issue at times. Its all good dropping and passing, but to effect the game, sometimes I want to see him be a bit more greedy. He's our best dribbler of the ball. He needs to do more of it.
I wish we could but he's double marked almost every time. He often has to beat two or three players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
1 goal, 1 assist in 6 matches under Ole. Only 7 shots taken in that period.

Martial is only player who hasn't gone up a level under Ole for some weird reason, hope he picks it up going forward. We need more productivity from him.
Yeah, he was on a sensational run prior to to that but has gone a bit quiet especially in the late two games.

The shots on goal has to increase in general for Martial. He's incredibly clinical and his technical ability is fantastic but doesn't hwt into enough goal scoring or thereabouts positions.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We need to create more situations in the game where he’s 1v1 on his fullback, as has been said numerous times already he’s always double marked because he’s been identified as a main threat. More pattern work will eventually sort this out.

Borden

Looks desperate to score, which is a good thing. You can tell the opposition are very wary of him. A bigger threat on our right side would give him more space.

Things aren't really clicking for him at the moment, but when they do he'll fly.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He has all the potential in the world but he's a bit overrated. Would be a much better player if he had more energy and higher work rate - not his style though.

He will do magical things at times though.

Litch

Unlucky today and a couple of times was close to a brilliant goal....

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
We need to create more situations in the game where he’s 1v1 on his fullback, as has been said numerous times already he’s always double marked because he’s been identified as a main threat. More pattern work will eventually sort this out.
This, and while it limits his effectiveness a fair bit it creates loads of space for the likes of Pogba

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah, he was on a sensational run prior to to that but has gone a bit quiet especially in the late two games.

The shots on goal has to increase in general for Martial. He's incredibly clinical and his technical ability is fantastic but doesn't hwt into enough goal scoring or thereabouts positions.
I'd argue he does get into the positions but he consistently takes ages to get a shot off, that he loses them all. Every game he'll beat 2-3 players into the box and then dawdle on the ball until a defender can recover and tackle him or get a block in. He needs to just get the bloody shot off.

Shimo

Might not have the stats but, he is such a threat out there. With Rashford through the middle primarily, he is always one to drive defenders back. He'll find the back of the net soon enough.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
After a poor first half I felt he did better in the second - had some good moments but we need him to be a constant running threat throughout 90 minutes as he is so key to our ability to stay on the front foot.

If we are to sustain this run of form and results we need Tony to come to the party too.
Agree with all this. It feels like he needs a goal badly, just to up his confidence a bit. Problem is, he's not getting into the box enough and he seemed to be behind the play when we counter attacked. Still, we need to persist with him, he still offers enough to stay in the team.

Dante

Average bang
It's just a poor patch of form.

Lukaku's positioning between opposition LCB and LB brought out the best in him earlier this season.

Rashford is now doing the an even better job dragging defenders about at CF. It's meant that Martial is actually getting more touches in the box than he was during his purple patch. As such, Martial is making progress as a player, but he's struggling to translate that into an impact in terms of output.

Manowar

What are you on about?

You're one of the most anti-Martial posters on the site. If you think this was a decent performance for Martial, you're massively underrating him. He's a world class talent.
That honour should really go to Haram haha
I’m one of his biggest fans, and I really hope he can improve a notch and fulfill his wonderful potential. Those last games, he has tried but almost nothing came off. We moved the ball a little bit slower than usual (tiredness?) which hamper Martial’s involvement with our attack. I’d also like to have him closer to goal instead of getting two wide.

JohnnyKills

Thought he played well today. He was making the runs we've been demanding for months, and worked hard in defence.

Still feel he's way too static when he gets the ball at times, but hopefully that will be coached out of him. We can't afford for him to be standing around and dawdling in possession.

It must be difficult seeing Rashford taking top billing at the moment. But a goal will do him the world of good.

Andersons Dietician

Played well in parts but I really wish he showed more desire to get up with the attack when we break. It’s like he has a set distance he will sprint and if it’s over this distance he won’t. Couple of times we broke and I was expecting to see Martial come in to picture but like so many other times he doesn’t. Really needs to sort this aspect of his game.

Flip side of that at times it looked like they managed to get 4 out to him but more often than not as soon as he gets the ball teams just double team him or set traps for him. There was also one bit of skill where Pogba miss hit the ball at him and Martial somehow kept it in. If that effort had ended up in the pass landing at someone then my word.

El-Manos

Not bad but he can do better, that's for sure. Wouldn't mind seeing Sanchez on the right, might free up space for him on the left then.

JohnnyKills

When he signs the new deal we'll be in a much stronger position. Either he flourishes for us and becomes the player we all hope, or we sell him for a decent fee and get our money back. Either outcome works for us.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I do get tired of the same "looks like he's sulking" mantra. Along with "needs better work rate". Sorry to disappoint all of the fans but not every attacker can get the ball and have everything come off in a 10/10 performance each game. He gets double marked pretty much every match nowadays but people still complain about him not taking people on, yet if he did this and lost the ball people would complain about that as well.

Had some nice moments, Brighton was always going to be a pain to play against.

Dante

Average bang
It's undeniable that his level has dropped recently.

He's got better at the boring stuff but been worse at the exciting stuff.

I'm happy with that, because at least it points to him learning new things.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Hasn't had his finishing boots on but he made some great runs in behind today. Seems to be improving that. He deserves credit.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Did he get stung by a bee or have an allergic reaction? His eyes were puffy and he looked like Iwobi.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's undeniable that his level has dropped recently.

He's got better at the boring stuff but been worse at the exciting stuff.

I'm happy with that, because at least it points to him learning new things.
Raising his floor of performance considerably and making him more consistent IMO. Ill take that for sure. Was fine margins today from being just a decent/good performance to a brilliant one, just some finishing really.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
His minutes per goal has taken a hammering under Ole (no goals since the Cardiff game)

Jeffthered

We aren’t playing through him that much, which is fine by me as long as he still contributes and results are there.
You're satisfied with this, from a member of Manchester United's front three? Unbelievable. You are basically stating that the team are carrying him (when he plays like this...) but that's ok as long as we are winning.

We have all seen this Martial before, it's the usual inconsistencies, lack of impact etc. He is a great talent, but I have no idea where his head is at, because I can't see his game improving. He will always have his 'score six in nine matches..' periods etc. But that is not enough people, hence the constant substitutions.

He needs to decide what type of player he is, and how good he wants to be, because personally, on both of these points, I can't seem to have definitive answers.

Foxbatt

He creates space for others. Even today.He should have scored today but he didn't. The team is clicking now and Rashford is the CF and both Martial and him are combining well. My critisism of him is that he wait for the ball. Even in the first half, in their penalty box he waited for the ball to bounce. He should have hit a volley.

InfiniteBoredom

You're satisfied with this, from a member of Manchester United's front three? Unbelievable. You are basically stating that the team are carrying him (when he plays like this...) but that's ok as long as we are winning.

We have all seen this Martial before, it's the usual inconsistencies, lack of impact etc. He is a great talent, but I have no idea where his head is at, because I can't see his game improving. He will always have his 'score six in nine matches..' periods etc. But that is not enough people, hence the constant substitutions.

He needs to decide what type of player he is, and how good he wants to be, because personally, on both of these points, I can't seem to have definitive answers.
I’m not estatic, I’m not elated. I’m content with the fact that he has a reduced role in the team at the moment when we don’t run every attack through him, which free up space for the others to do their work, like Rashford and Pogba did today.

You are a broken record at this point going into this thread every time he doesn’t score or assist saying the same thing ad nauseum. He wants to be a team player, that’s what he is. When he’s double marked, he’s not going to try to dribble every time, he will look to the pass if he feels the shooting opportunity isn’t ideal. The end product will come if he keeps doing the basics right, which he is.

The way you are going on it’s as if our past great wingers were banging it in every match. The most productive season we had out of a winger in Fergie’s later years was Nani 10/11 with 8 goals 10 assists in the league, which means for nearly half the games ‘the team was carrying him as long as we are winning’, do you see how absurd it is?

Pat Evra

He is doing well IMO, it's just that some things aren't coming off for him in last few games, like today's chance where he actually did the best he could, but the goalkeeper did that also (unfortunately) or that Pogba's chance against Tottenham, where he should have got great assist etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.