5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How many good games has he had since signing his new contract?

Godfather

Don't think he has what it takes to ever become really top class. Not with us not with anyone. Lacks desire and tbh I also think he lacks talent. Simple things like passing to a teammate that's 4 yards away shouldn't be a problem.

RedIan

The players attitude was summed up by a martial moment today. We had a rare attack, he broke into the box and then he misplaced the final pass. He then stood like a statue in their box looking around him as Everton played it out and countered... wtf is he doing, move, chase back.. just dont stand like a stone statue looking like the dummest feck on meryside.

He wasnt the ony one but that moment told me all i need to know about his desire and attitude. We cant have players like that, no matter how talented they maybe. If they dont want to fight and battle on a really off days then get rid.

admrf

I am not sure why and how he just became lazy on the pitch. I was one of the one who supported him instead of Sanchez after his excellent run of form when Sanchez just came in but effort-wise, his work rate was just really poor lately. I also observed that his attacking instinct was not improved either, should have put more effort in anticipating possibilities during the attack (forward runs, rebound balls, forward press).

ash_86

No top club in the world will tolerate him with his lack of running behind and effort . Our club reward him with 250k a week contract . Shows why we're where we're

Zoo

He should be binned for the rest of the season, I'm so disappointed with him. Give his place on the bench or in the lineup to Chong.

K13

I think every player was disappointing today. Losing 4:0 so no one gets off lightly. Out of the front 3 Martial was my pick. For the record I like all of our front players, they all have different strengths and I believe with a more dynamic midfield and an attacking midfielder who can play between the lines they could all thrive. I don't want any of them to leave as I believe there are more pressing problems that need to be addressed first.

I saw aggression/determination from Martial in the final 10 minutes that I had not seen before - small actions that could blossom into something significant in time.

C'est Moi Cantona

Who would pay £60m for him and pay him the wages he’s likely to be on?
PSG or Chelsea, they'll probably look at him at just say he's one of plenty playing for us, and think he's worth a punt on the flashes of him been a potential top player before.

To me he's just not interested in making the best of what he's got.

crossy1686

career ending
All the talent in the world but no work ethic, the lad is a less controversial version of Balotelli. And people went to war with Jose over him, gone awfully quiet on that front now...

RuudTom83

Ole lacks options to really send out a strong message to Martial. Sanchez is hardly the player to show the rest how it’s done.

But I do think Antony needs some tough love, tell him it’s simply not good enough and drag him off at half time when he isn’t putting a shift in.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
All the talent in the world but no work ethic, the lad is a less controversial version of Balotelli. And people went to war with Jose over him, gone awfully quiet on that front now...
What surprises me is he actually score more goals under Mourinho than OGS.

7 league goals under Mourinho. 3 under OGS despite getting many more starts. Rashford is opposite, had 3 league goals under Mourinho and 7 under OGS.

He is a talented forward but one of those you really have to get mentally it seems.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What surprised me is that he was better than Lukaku and Rashford but you could never tell reading this thread (although, to be fair, the bar was set very low once again). Also the comments about Martial FC shows something pretty interesting, there must have been some real bitter people around whenever he was doing well and winning this team games under Mourinho. I get a real kick at times figuring out what's going through some of the minds on here but I get it, it's a bit of a crisis with the terrible form and the coping mechanism seems to always need to point the finger at one of the main players, and Martial is always a solid choice. They all deserve some stick, but some act as if the club is in any position to get rid of their most talented players when there is absolutely no guarantees they will be able to bring in or even interest a more talented player into coming in. OGS is already hedging his bet with his pre-season talk of giving every player on this team a chance.

But good luck getting rid of Martial with his new contract, I'd be all for it if it was for a sure replacement that would actually improve the team, run his socks off, and better Martial's output, but I seriously doubt it will happen and he will be too hard to move for something that makes sense.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What surprises me is he actually score more goals under Mourinho than OGS.

7 league goals under Mourinho. 3 under OGS despite getting many more starts. Rashford is opposite, had 3 league goals under Mourinho and 7 under OGS.

He is a talented forward but one of those you really have to get mentally it seems.
It's neither here nor their, Rashford and Martial don't score enough to demand a starting place. Your front 3 needs to be getting 20+ goals each and neither have done that once in their careers. Rashford may be able to get it in a few years, but Martial has no chance unless he goes to Ligue 1 and starts smashing it against farmers.

ti vu

He's the modern day Anderson. Chap has one good game every ten and then his fanboys latch onto it as justification. In his first season he was amazing but since then it's looked like he gives less and less of a feck each passing year. He should be one of the first out the door as his attitude and overall effort is abysmal.
Ando got fat, injury prone and terrible stamina. Howeve, effort on the pitch, he didn't lack. Also he is positive people, and by all account, he's adored by team members. This you can't compare to Martial. You can blame a Brazilian for being Brazilian, but you can't say he via his own agenda harmed the club.

Last edited:

haram

Ole lacks options to really send out a strong message to Martial. Sanchez is hardly the player to show the rest how it’s done.

But I do think Antony needs some tough love, tell him it’s simply not good enough and drag him off at half time when he isn’t putting a shift in.
Jose tried that. The fans cried and said Martial would be world class if we just kept him on the pitch and hugged him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's neither here nor their, Rashford and Martial don't score enough to demand a starting place. Your front 3 needs to be getting 20+ goals each and neither have done that once in their careers. Rashford may be able to get it in a few years, but Martial has no chance unless he goes to Ligue 1 and starts smashing it against farmers.
What a troll, Martial is a better striker than Rashford. Let's see Rashford have at least one season like Martial had at 19, coming from a farmer's league with no experience whatsoever in the almighty Premier League. :lol:

ti vu

Was poor enough. Definitely not our biggest issue today though.
He has been consistent an issue when it comes to effort. That alone is enough to put to bed the blame reflecting tactic. It's not one isolated game.

Ban

What a troll, Martial is a better striker than Rashford. Let's see Rashford have at least one season like Martial had at 19, coming from a farmer's league with no experience whatsoever in the almighty Premier League. :lol:
He's not. Both are poor.

Stretfordender

Bomb him out he’s done nothing in the time he’s been at United. No desire, no heart, no passion. Sell him!!

Raven

He has been consistent an issue when it comes to effort, that's enough to put to bed the blame reflecting tactic.
The blame was mainly on Matic, he says so himself. Martial was comfortably better than Lukaku and Rashford.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Was poor enough. Definitely not our biggest issue today though.
Very strange comment, as if he hasn't been stinking up the place for a while. The only reason he plays is because we have no options. Him and Lingard have been our biggest problems going forward, can't do anything right.

I don't care if Martial is a better striker than Rashford, Both are squad players at best.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's not. Both are poor.
I agree both are poor, but again give me a shout when Rashford gets to Martial's numbers in his first season or even his efficiency in front of goals in the following season before claiming anything about their future at strikers.

Ban

I agree both are poor, but again give me a shout when Rashford gets to Martial's numbers in his first season or even his efficiency in front of goals in the following season before claiming anything about their future at strikers.
You're talking like he had some extraordinary numbers.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't care if Martial is a better striker than Rashford, Both are squad players at best.
This we can agree one, I've been saying it for a little while now that they both should be competing for one spot on the team at best. They don't warrant starting places, and Rashford is so far from being a striker for a leading club he shouldn't be given any guarantees in the future by the manager.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
You're talking like he had some extraordinary numbers.
He's also talking like someone without basic reading comprehension. I said front 3 and he went on about the striker position. I dont care what position they play they aren't good enough to demand a starting position.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's also talking like someone without basic reading comprehension. I said front 3 and he went on about the striker position. I dont care what position they play they aren't good enough to demand a starting position.
I'm talking like someone who basically put down your ridiculous premise of Rashford being the only one capable of getting 20+ goals and Martial will never do it. Stop trying to change the argument, the post I quoted was pretty clearly a direct comparison. Maybe don't talk about reading comprehension when you're lacking it right now.

ti vu

The blame was mainly on Matic, he says so himself. Martial was comfortably better than Lukaku and Rashford.
What happened when Matic didn't feature? Same shite another blame deflecting.

Comfortably better at what? Always comparing among bad. Being less worse ain't the same as being good if you want to go that route. Martial's good performance was further away than the other two if you're talking about form.

MDFC Manager

I'm very much a Martial fanboy, but it's increasingly looking like your statement is spot on. Neither are up to the required standard. Certainly neither are good enough (yet) to hold the club to hostage for contracts way beyond their worth to the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.