Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

starman

He Ozil'd us.

Tough decision for Ole on whether to persist with him, as with his capabilities, if it clicks, imo, can reach Salah's level.
Or..... cash in on him to the highest bidder as by the looks of it he will probably end up being another Ben Arfa

PepsiCola

Don't think he'll succeed at our club.

There's a player in there somewhere, will probably realise his potential at an other club.

Ashley R1+O

His anticipation really is comically bad. You rarely ever see him just get on his bike right before somebody takes a touch and looks to pass to him. His off ball reactions around the field while we are in possession really are worryingly bad. The kind of worryingly bad that gets weeded out on the training paddock and not the type where you give him a bumper new deal.

Such a strange situation.

Born2Lose

Another pathetic performance from the gormless one, but where is the incentive to try if you play week in, week out regardless. It's time Ole stopped with the talk and started dropping some of these underperforming players.

passing-wind

Martials best period recently at the club was when Jose was rotating him with Rashford, he was putting in good performances on a weekly basis and then Jose stupidly purchased Sanchez and benched him.

He simply needs competition because he becomes very complacent, if we get in a left winger to rotate with him he'll be forced to get the managers trust. It's bad enough to not be motivated to perform weekly of your own desires but everyone's different unfortunately. The problem is we've got hard working headless chickens like Rashford and Lingard who offer absolutely nothing, atleast Martial has quality on his side.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Martials best period recently at the club was when Jose was rotating him with Rashford, he was putting in good performances on a weekly basis and then Jose stupidly purchased Sanchez and benched him.

He simply needs competition because he becomes very complacent, if we get in a left winger to rotate with him he'll be forced to get the managers trust. It's bad enough to not be motivated to perform weekly of your own desires but everyone's different unfortunately. The problem is we've got hard working headless chickens like Rashford and Lingard who offer absolutely nothing, atleast Martial has quality on his side.
Back then it was the other way around. Martial needed to start every game and have trust of the manager to become world class. Apparently Rashford was a bang average player and Martial deserved to start every game ahead of him. 3 years of under performance and still some haven't faced the music.

OleGunnar20

So disappointing the way his career with us seems be headed.

Frustrating in a similar way to Bailly. Obvious bags of talent there to be exploited, trapped behind some major flaws in mentality.

I'm not sure what the best thing is to do really. I'm sure we could sell him for a decent fee despite the wages, however my gut says he'd be a useful player in a functioning setup with some real leaders on the pitch to set an example.

One of those problems we really don't need at the moment on top of everything else!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Back then it was the other way around. Martial needed to start every game and have trust of the manager to become world class. Apparently Rashford was a bang average player and Martial deserved to start every game ahead of him. 3 years of under performance and still some haven't faced the music.
You realize you're arguing with such a small percentage of the people out there. It doesn't make your argument legitimate when you're using such a small group of people. The general feeling was that Martial and Rashford should be rotated, one shouldn't start consistently over another except for a few periods, mainly before Sanchez arrival and around the new year where Martial made himself a must-start for a string of 6-8 games or so each time, which has been very rare for any player on this team. It even seemed he had turned a corner around the new year where his defensive pressing was more visible, and he wasn't the invisible act he has been at other times when things weren't going his way, which he has regressed from since then. Rashford is pretty average, he'll always bust a gut and do his pressing, but he won't put away most of his chances if he manages the first touch correctly and has no hold-up play in his locker; if that's the bar we set on why he should be on the field, it's a sad indication of where things stand.

Go back to rotating the two of them for one spot, bring in a legitimate striker a la Jovic/Piatek because Rashford is just nowhere close to being good enough for a contender at that position and Lukaku doesn't seem to be any answer either.

kundalini

A terrible fit for a hard-working team and no signs so far that he is willing to adapt.

Did get a shot on target, which is more than anyone else managed.

Jeffthered

I want this guy out the club. Over-rated, hugely, and has little achievement to back up his own ego.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Really starting to get concerned. No doubt the guy is incredibly talented and potential world class but sometimes it doesn't work out for players. I just don't want us to lose all our quality in one go but the guy just isn't cutting it.

Something about his game, it feels like he's so limited and predictable despite being so good on the ball if that makes sense.

Steven-UK

Really starting to get concerned. No doubt the guy is incredibly talented and potential world class but sometimes it doesn't work out for players. I just don't want us to lose all our quality in one go but the guy just isn't cutting it.

Something about his game, it feels like he's so limited and predictable despite being so good on the ball if that makes sense.
Is he though? I mean really? He has been here for years now, and he is just so inconsistent, and lazy. The times he makes the dribbling work look great, but this is vastly outweighed by the amount of times he just loses the ball.

shamans

Is he though? I mean really? He has been here for years now, and he is just so inconsistent, and lazy. The times he makes the dribbling work look great, but this is vastly outweighed by the amount of times he just loses the ball.
I do think he has incredible talent because we've seen what he can do in tight spaces and how lethal he can be in front of goal. All that at a young age, he seemed to have that X factor but it all isn't worth much if he can't build upon that.

R'hllor

Knifes are truly out i see, bet some couldnt wait, waiting in the shadows, on top of all, this desire to wash JM through anything and anyone is something else alright.

Steven-UK

I do think he has incredible talent because we've seen what he can do in tight spaces and how lethal he can be in front of goal. All that at a young age, he seemed to have that X factor but it all isn't worth much if he can't build upon that.
I agree, but I think he also has a few issues with motivation, the mental side of his game.

shamans

I agree, but I think he also has a few issues with motivation, the mental side of his game.
I don't agree. Players who play at this level don't really have that issue as much but it's blown out of proportion in the Media/among fans. You don't become a Man United footballer having issues with Motivation.

To me he just does't know how to build on his talent and use his strengths. He hasn't found a proper style to his game it's just, right let me try and dribble past these 2 players and hope for the best because I know I can.

Giggs86

Massively overrated because of some good moments at his games against Liverpool, FA cup semi vs Everton and a few more. Truth be told he's been worthless 90% of his time on the pitch since we signed him. Great potential but doesn't have the mentality to make it here.

Intilo

Tough love ala Mourinho works better for him compared to arm around shoulder, no one can convince me otherwise.

haram

Tough love ala Mourinho works better for him compared to arm around shoulder, no one can convince me otherwise.
Almost like he has to be angry and consistently concerned with his place and what the manager might say for him to keep rolling. If you let your foot off the gas with him he seems like the type to just coast through everything.

Patrick08

He wont ever shine in a philosophy which depends on off the ball movement. Lvg's possession based rigid style suited him well. Not developed an inch ever since.

In Rainbows

I was disappointed by Martial yesterday. Don't think Pogba should get slated, and think the criticisms should be aimed at someone like Martial. Didn't work hard enough and didn't have the quality. At least with Pogba, he created chances. I'm starting to think Martial isn't someone worth getting excited about. He's here to stay though because of his wages.

His dribbling has been massively disappointing. When you combine that with his workrate, his current lack of goal scoring, and his lack of creative ability, it should give anyone pause.

steakpie

I would definitely sell him now, he has talent but his work rate and application is absolutely rotten

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He's got journeyman written all over him. No club will keep him more than three seasons once he leaves us.
Sometimes you read statements like this and think they are just typical fan hyperbole, but the worrying thing is that this might actually be true. He doesn't care, just plays when he feels like it. At least Pogba gets visibly frustrated when things aren't going well, and he kicks the opposition team mates and gives away silly free kicks if something goes wrong. This guy seems to have no pride in himself, just picking up a paycheck.

crossy1686

career ending
Sometimes you read statements like this and think they are just typical fan hyperbole, but the worrying thing is that this might actually be true. He doesn't care, just plays when he feels like it. At least Pogba gets visibly frustrated when things aren't going well, and he kicks the opposition team mates and gives away silly free kicks if something goes wrong. This guy seems to have no pride in himself, just picking up a paycheck.
We hear it time and time again from all the pros. You can have all the talent in the world but without the hard work you'll never make it. Martial falls into that category.

We don't need to sell him we just need to rotate him with Rashford, playing them at the same time is too stressful.

Twingatz

Martial reminds me so much of Depay in his attitude and workrate. He will probably end up the same. I don't think he's worth the hassle unless he can work on his off the ball movement.

-Supreme-

We don't need to sell him we just need to rotate him with Rashford, playing them at the same time is too stressful.
Agreed. We can't rely on them to carry the attack, let's bring some good attackers to the team and see how these 2 perform with slightly less expectation to perform week in week out.

I won’t slag anyone off too much until we sort out that absolutely dog shite defence we put out week in, week out. How the feck have we not replaced Rio or Vidic in over 6 years? It’s an absolute pisstake.
Martial can be frustrating as feck but he’s the exact opposite of Sánchez, who also looks shite here, both are nothing like Mata who also looks wank. Sanchez looked fine for a shit Arsenal side cause at least they played football.

I think all of our players will step up a level once we have a proper back four that can play football, for all the love Poch gets, he can play Sissoko and Winks in CM and get away with it because all of his defenders are actual footballers.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Where is the Martial from 15/16? He looked so lively and exciting in that season.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Give him that fecking number 9 shirt.

Maybe then he might give a feck

tomaldinho1

Give him a chance at No9 for the rest of the season. He's got good acceleration, good touch, decent hold up play and is a solid finisher - all things Lukaku isn't consistently. No harm in trialling him there for 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.