5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmAWinner

When he is in the mood, he is really good to watch. Expect him to be dropped for Sanchez in the weekend though.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Well Spurs have been after him for the last three years.
Oh my bad thought he was talking about Alexis. But yeah what about a Mikhitaryan+cash swap for Martial ?:D

KennyBurner

Good from martial today. Was heads and shoulders above every other player on the field and played exactly how you would expect from a Manchester United forward. The left wing should belong to Martial just as the striker spot belongs to Lukaku(not sure why in his case).

Martial constantly offers a threat on the left like no other play can at the club. He should be able to build on this moving forward under mourinho or whoever comes in after. He has started growing more and more in confidence often running at the fullbacks or taking the down the line when one on one. He also has a neat pass in him anytime he is out of options. Let the boy have his spot as nowadays he is the only exciting player on the roster.

Canagel

I love his style of play. He does the exact thing defenders hate which is dribble in a straight line with pace. Just let him play more.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
‘Martial played 90 mins so Alexis starts against West Ham’

nesty

Even if he missed his penalty, I still would say he had a decent game.

Start him over Sanchez and give him something to build upon.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Just needs to polish his game. Sometimes he should be more selfish but good Effort. That performance should keep him in the team as Sanchez wouldn't produce that.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Just needs to polish his game. Sometimes he should be more selfish but good Effort. That performance should keep him in the team as Sanchez wouldn't produce that.
Have I got news for you.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Showed some balls going 5th for that penalty, he played another solid game and is one of the few players worth watching on this team when he has some confidence. I definitely agree he is much more conservative when it comes to attacking defenders with his dribbling. His confidence is not at its best yet, but he is much better than Sanchez, and he never should have lost his place in January. This is one of Mourinho's biggest tactical blunder at the club.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Don't think he'll start against West Ham. Reckon Jose will stick with Sanchez.

In any case, he did well tonight. Needs to keep working.

He's such a talent though. Give him some belief and proper direction, and he'll be awesome. Puzzles me that Jose finds it so difficult to deal with him, when LVG didn't have that issue, and Jose is supposedly better at man management than LVG...

Devil may care

He was very good in the first half and while he wasn't bad in the second, he kept trying until the end, not great but by far the best of the attackers and for me our MOTM.

dove

Probably the best player tonight, looked really dangerous at times. Now watch him benched for the next 3 matches...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sanchez will 100% start the next game while Tony is on the bench. At best, Tony plays on the right. Can't wait to see him under the next manager.

Red00012

Fair play to him, 10 men and he was still running his bollocks off, trying to make something happen. Definitely more of what I want to see from him. Surely earnt a start.
Needs to realize when to shoot , when to pass and when to take a touch his decision making can be terrible at times.

Morpheus 7

Martial FC is out tonight in force, the state of the comments in here. Aye he was amazing tonight, jesus.

Sylar

Defo deserves to start ahead of Sanchez in that role this weekend. But would like to see him closer to the goal as well. Maybe worth trying him and Sanchez as a rotating top 2 / left attackers.

Walters_19_MuFc

At his best when he is told to hug the touchline, where we can get him into 1v1 situations, as he found himself so many times tonight against Derby's right back.

Based on that performance, I would start him on the weekend, with Sanchez playing behind Lukaku.

m1tch

Should be easily in ahead of Sanchez, and in ahead of Lukaku in my opinion.

el3mel

Must start ahead of Sanchez. At least he provides width and can get past defenders and put a decent cross.

Red00012

Martial FC is out tonight in force, the state of the comments in here. Aye he was amazing tonight, jesus.
He was one of the few positive things from tonight maybe Dalot doing well on his home debut a close 2nd

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Imagine starting Lingard over him. For the best part of a year.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was our best player and I'm still fairly sure he wasn't putting everything into it.

He could be great elsewhere I feel, or under a different from regime

99withaflake

Best game he has played in ages.

A little wasteful at times, but showed glimpses of quality and a willingness/motivation to attack.

Not brilliant, but much much better, and hopefully he sets that type of performance as his minimum level moving forward.

Morpheus 7

The standards have fallen so bad at United. If you never knew the result you would think he scored a hatrick by reading some of the comments in here. He was involved in the first goal and done nothing the rest of the half, made one or two nice runs and missed a chance late on and scored his penalty. Dalot and Fellaini done okay and Martial was average. Not near as effective as he should be, the team didn't perform near well enough. Too many fans are just about a player than Man United. This Martial Fc obsession is embarrassing, considering his performances this season and behaviour off the pitch. I'm all for positivity and all players form improving but a bit of realism. I know for a fecking fact the same that are praising him in here tonight would be hammering Sanchez tonight if he played like that.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The standards have fallen so bad at United. If you never knew the result you would think he scored a hatrick by reading some of the comments in here. He was involved in the first goal and done nothing the rest of the half, made one or two nice runs and missed a chance late on and scored his penalty. Dalot and Fellaini done okay and Martial was average. Not near as effective as he should be, the team didn't perform near well enough. Too many fans are just about a player than Man United. This Martial Fc obsession is embarrassing, considering his performances this season and behaviour off the pitch. I'm all for positivity and all players form improving but a bit of realism. I know for a fecking fact the same that are praising him in here tonight would be hammering Sanchez tonight if he played like that.
Somehow I feel if Sanchez had played like that, you would have had a different assessment. Fortunately, most people actually saw his performance for what it was, encouraging compared to the rest of the team save for Dalot and Fellaini, and that Sanchez should be his back up or in another position, not the other way around...as it should have been since last January.

Status
Not open for further replies.