5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_86

Sorry, wasn't trying to rewrite history. I know he had an excellent season under José as well as his poor one, but I'm just saying even Hazard ended up struggling under him eventually. In my opinion, no matter how good you are, you still need to be playing in a team that knows what they're doing, which it doesn't seem like we do at the moment.
Agreed. Our players are running like headless chickens.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Agreed. Our players are running like headless chickens.
I actually still think they're playing for him, too! It's just that it looks like they're not because they look lost on the pitch due to the lack of understanding we as a team seemingly have. That's the feeling I've got from the past few games, anyway.

Frank Grimes

Reminds me of that Tony Soprano line when Tracee is talking about Ralphie not caring she's pregnant.

Tracee: 'He acts like he doesn't give a f***.'
Tony: 'Did you ever think he's not acting?.'

jungledrums

How the feck can people not see that he’s a gifted player? He’s playing shite like all of our players, give him some slack. We are a dysfunctional team presently.

HailtotheKing

He’s honestly useless.

That headed chance was pathetic. I love how everyone was stating Jose for not playing him and yet when he does play, he offers nothing. At least Sanchez isn’t lazy.

He’s the biggest myth player going.
Are you on a wind up? Did you see the team put out? It’s like when a player gets a chance in the Cup and they’re surrounded by reserves who’ve never played together. Give the kid the same conditions as Sanchez and let’s see. Give him a run of games where you don’t criticize him so he isn’t scared shitless of trying anything lest he make a mistake. Like Sayros said, I don’t think you can judge anyone right now till we see them playin with a different coach. If they’re still no good then we can get rid of them. But not before.

Negan

Are you on a wind up? Did you see the team put out? It’s like when a player gets a chance in the Cup and they’re surrounded by reserves who’ve never played together. Give the kid the same conditions as Sanchez and let’s see. Give him a run of games where you don’t criticize him so he isn’t scared shitless of trying anything lest he make a mistake. Like Sayros said, I don’t think you can judge anyone right now till we see them playin with a different coach. If they’re still no good then we can get rid of them. But not before.
Half of these players played under Van Gaal... but continue blaming the manager. I’m sure you’ll have your excuses ready if push comes to shove. Some of his fans just don’t want to admit he’s an inconsistent lazy arse. I’ve even seen some insist that he should be relieved off defensive duties like tracking back. Have a word.

There was nothing wrong with that team Jose put out. Apart from the players letting the badge down once again. Pogba was on... Lukaku was on... Matic was on... they were all on. Unless you think Fred is the key to unlocking Martial’s “world class potential”?

HailtotheKing

It’s about players, it’s about tactics. It’s about having your confidence beaten out of you by being slaughtered every time you make a single mistake. Dude there is so much wrong with what you’re saying I don’t know where to start.

As for the game. Are you kidding me? He played McTominay in defence. He played a midfield of Matic AND Fellaini. He then took off Lindelof and left McTominay. The whole team just sat back and let West Ham press the shit out of them. It was just absolutely shocking. Then when we finally started to get a bit of momentum, he took off Martial and Pogba and brought on Mata, the absolute last person you bring on to a high paced game. His tactics were baffling all over the shop. And I’m one of the ones that has been defending Mourinho.

I like to think I have a pretty balanced view. I’m not a trigger happy, we’re Man Utd we have a god given right to be champions. Nor am I a stubborn supporter who refuses to go against the manager till they leave. I’ve supported United all my life, over the last 30 years.

I truly believe they shoulda backed him and bought in the defenders. I think a solid defence is vital for playing any kind of good attacking football. Unless you wanna Kevin Keegan or Jurgen Klopp it. But saying that, I’m absolutely shocked just quickly we’ve fallen apart. I mean sure we were never the second best defensive team last year, that was De Gea. But Jesus Christ we weren’t this bad.

And now Jose, a defensive mastermind of a manager has absolutely no trust in his defence at all. I mean what the hell happened?

You can’t judge Martial right now, but one thing is clear. He’s one of the few sparks we have. A player to get bums off seats. Yes he doesn’t make the runs, but you don’t know how he’s been instructed to play. And he’s an absolute shadow right now.

But still he makes things happen, regularly plays the most dangerous balls and lays on assists. He also tracks back a hell of a lot more than people give him credit for. But people prefer to swallow the spin.

Raven

Half of these players played under Van Gaal... but continue blaming the manager. I’m sure you’ll have your excuses ready if push comes to shove. Some of his fans just don’t want to admit he’s an inconsistent lazy arse. I’ve even seen some insist that he should be relieved off defensive duties like tracking back. Have a word.

There was nothing wrong with that team Jose put out. Apart from the players letting the badge down once again. Pogba was on... Lukaku was on... Matic was on... they were all on. Unless you think Fred is the key to unlocking Martial’s “world class potential”?
Half of these players played under Van Gaal? Martial was one of the best young players in the world under Van Gaal, may I ask you your point here?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Rashford and Martial looked immense under LVG :lol:

Last edited:

redIndianDevil

If you couldn't find a thing wrong with the team Mourinho put out you honestly cannot be a Manchester United fan.

redIndianDevil

If Mourinho had put in the team he usually puts out, we could have won this game. Mourinho wanted to prove a point that Pogba and martial are shite so he put in the most awkward formation ever with the slowest of midfield and zero width. Now Mourinho got to say his "I told you so" in the post match presser. Only when the wanker Mourinho is binned off we can truly gauge the level of the players we have.

Terminator

Cant blame him if he is under par in an abysmal and dysfunctional team. We are a shambles at the moment and not the best time to judge a young talented player.

ants7

If Mourinho had put in the team he usually puts out, we could have won this game. Mourinho wanted to prove a point that Pogba and martial are shite so he put in the most awkward formation ever with the slowest of midfield and zero width. Now Mourinho got to say his "I told you so" in the post match presser. Only when the wanker Mourinho is binned off we can truly gauge the level of the players we have.
This.

Also, Jose is saying like he proved his point that Alexis is better than Martial. Alex has been horrible for the most of his time with us. Martial was great before Alexis and was good in last few games. And for the life of me, I can't understand how people say that "he acts as if he doesn't care". First of all - it's difficult to stay enthusiastic when your boss is slamming you down in any chance he gets (or makes up for himself). Second, just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, doesn't mean that does not care.

Last edited:

Stacks

This.

Also, Jose is saying like he proved his point that Alexis is better than Martial. Alex has been horrible for the most of his time with us. Martial was great before Alexis and was good in last few games. And for the life of me, I can't understand how people say that "he acts as if he doesn't care". First of all - it's difficult to say enthusiastic when your boss is slamming you down in any chance he gets (or makes up for himself). Second, just because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, doesn't mean that does not care.
Jose does seem like the kind of man who would sacrifice the team to prove a point. Like starting Mctominay at CB when he had 2 on the bench "if you had got me Maguire I would not have to revert to this". he has always been a 'throw ones toys out of the pram' kind of guy

redIndianDevil

Jose does seem like the kind of man who would sacrifice the team to prove a point. Like starting Mctominay at CB when he had 2 on the bench "if you had got me Maguire I would not have to revert to this". he has always been a 'throw ones toys out of the pram' kind of guy
Exactly, how the feck does he still have people here backing him bothers me, he clearly is making us bad by playing midfielders in defence to prove a point to Woodward.

Hammondo

How the feck can people not see that he’s a gifted player? He’s playing shite like all of our players, give him some slack. We are a dysfunctional team presently.
He has skill and hes quick no one is denying. He is pretty dumb and selfish though and won't make it at a top level of football. If we sell him he will almost definitely not going to be at a big club again.

daveoliver91

The only reason why Mourinho is not put him in the Starting XI is because he never tracks back to help the team. He's an attacking player but Mourinho wants him to help in defense. Mourinhesque tactics.

With an offensive manager (Pochetino/Zidane), things would work totally different and I am sure Martial would start almost all the games. A shame Mourinho doesn't rate him enough. Hope he'll stay, he'll get better & he'll perform for us.

Still remember the first goal he scored against Liverpool.. what a moment for him!

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
The only reason why Mourinho is not put him in the Starting XI is because he never tracks back to help the team. He's an attacking player but Mourinho wants him to help in defense. Mourinhesque tactics.

With an offensive manager (Pochetino/Zidane), things would work totally different and I am sure Martial would start almost all the games. A shame Mourinho doesn't rate him enough. Hope he'll stay, he'll get better & he'll perform for us.
In todays' game, you need to be leaps and bounds ahead of the curve offensively to justify this amount of freedom, basically near CR/Messi level.
In our team, even Ribery and Robben are tracking back properly, and not just since yesterday.

el3mel

Still remember the first goal he scored against Liverpool.. what a moment for him!
It's not the tracking back that's the problem with him. It's his movement in the final third that needs to improve imo. If the next manager could develop it he'll come good and will be a top player, otherwise, he'll still be the same, great dribbler but not favored by managers who want to play fast football much.

Man Utd 0:0 Valencia

Yagami

Good post resistant
Was zoning in and out - mainly because of a poor stream - but I thought he looked lively. I just wish he'd get a run of games. The most he's got under José is 4 I believe, and he was very good in 3 of said games before being moved to the right. There's nothing to lose at this point to not try it.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
One nice dribble and one nice pass so, way better than Sanchez.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He clearly needs a run of games. Sanchez is not justifying his place, Mata is too slow, and Lingard is not good. They all get a fair few games to show something, with Martial it seems to come down to 20 minutes or the odd start.

ManUtd1999

He keeps trying to dribble and pass few players before releasing the ball. Not impressed!

Name Changed

weso26
Looked good in his cameo. Clearly has something to offer the team although all Mourinho cares about is his defensive abilities.

ForestRGoinUp

Needs to replace Lukaku so that Rashford and Sanchez can make runs off of someone who can actually control a ball or play a quick pass. Would make a world of difference. I think Rashford replacing Lukaku would be just as, if not more, frustrating than what the big Rhino gives us.

tomaldinho1

You can see the talent and you can also see it being smothered. Frustrating as hell.

Apokalips

He and Rashford need to play together, they are both capable of putting defenders on the back foot in worrying areas. Sanchez and Lukaku are so easy to defend against. At least the two young lads have some upside, give them a fair shake and let them build chemistry.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He's one of the few who managed to dribble past a player today, this was another crap performance by the team but he had a decent cameo. It's hard to do much with this squad, too bad he got fouled right outside the box, was close to winning a penalty.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looked decent this season. If Jose is to go I'd go for an interim who agrees to play Martial and Rashford regularly.

Raven

Been good since he came back into the team against young boys. Needs to play more, his passing and dribbling adds something nearly every time he features.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
His last game where he started was lackluster in his off-the-ball movement. The problem is, this game he had a few good runs in the little bit of time he played but outside of Pogba it's hard to find consistent passing in the last third.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Best attacker at the club. Will prosper once we sack thatan and get someone who can build an attack.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Need to get him in more 1 on 1 situations. He carried the attack under LvG by creating isolations against the fullback.

Devil may care

Didn't seem to let Mourinho's comments at the weeknd get to him, looked lively when he came on and nearly got us a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.