6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vandelay

Good bit of movement for the goal and when he hit the post. He's just stood watching in the past, if he keeps this up then I'd start him ahead of Rashford until Rashford learns to start passing the ball.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Excellent half from him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I had my doubts about him as a striker but he's played very well this 45 minutes.

Looks really determined, strong quick and shooting as deadly as ever. Very unlucky with that left sided shot.

Screw replacing Lukaku with Ben Yedder or the likes, let's get another winger and give Martial/Rashford/Greenwood the go.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
All you haters will be disgraced. Admittedly martial is lazy. But even being lazy his numbers rival those hard workings players you feel make movements all the time. So those who chose to write him off, even in his laziness he is putting up such numbers. Imagine when he turns it up a bit. Which he will. He was quite aggressive in his first season. If ole puts trust in him and makes him feel he is a big part of the team he will deliver. And those who keep repeating that silly phrase about players : “he will not make it here” as if you re gods who know the future. You will all be well disgraced.
There are no haters. People like myself who are asking for more movement are doing so because we all know he can do so much better. We know that he has the talent to be a consistent 20 goal scorer if he puts in the effort. And with that being said, so far in the game today, he has looked great and made some good runs and was rewarded for his work with the opening goal of the game. That's what we want to see. Martial running onto the ball and taking his chances rather than just getting balls to feet. If he keeps up the type of play he has being doing so far today, not only will I want him in the team, but I will want him in the starting 11

Infestissumam

he can be damn good if he actually chooses to move around. Very good game by him, linked up well with James.

Rashford/Martial/Greenwood as CF options ... I could live with that.

Walters_19_MuFc

So much better up top. Can drift across the front line without worrying about tracking back. Should be our forward against Chelsea.

Web of Bissaka

If he play this way, definitely a more natural #9 than Rashford or even Lukaku.

Did everything right today for a striker role. Damn, he can actually do it when his head is set.

Presence inside and outside box, very good off the ball movements in and out box plus around the defense line, pulling defenders everywhere, drop deep to support and build up attack, one-twos with the three attackers, consistent good pressings, combine well with everyone. Fuuh.

Handré1990

There are no haters. People like myself who are asking for more movement are doing so because we all know he can do so much better. We know that he has the talent to be a consistent 20 goal scorer if he puts in the effort. And with that being said, so far in the game today, he has looked great and made some good runs and was rewarded for his work with the opening goal of the game. That's what we want to see. Martial running onto the ball and taking his chances rather than just getting balls to feet. If he keeps up the type of play he has being doing so far today, not only will I want him in the team, but I will want him in the starting 11
Sums it up for most, I’d expect.

Nick7

Good 45, but he needs to be putting in that kind of performance every time. It's not enough for him to do this once then revert to type. Really hope he keeps it up.

ash_86

Brilliant half from Martial. Best I have seen him play for a very long time

ash_86

I remember him doing it a couple of time last season too. Looks like something he has been working on, good on him.
Certainly. He's the best finisher we have. He seemed to be adding work ethic and runs which seemed to be missing from him before. If he keeps up the good work he's going to be one hell of a player for us.

Andersons Dietician

40 seconds in to the game he’s read the play and positions himself brilliantly when we are pressing and forces the Spurs player to panic pass back across the box and he almost gets on to it. That’s good pressing, he’s forced the mistake by simply his positioning.

Made good runs, linked up play overall been really good this tour.

kundalini

Very impressive performance. Not just his technical ability, but his work-rate and pressing too.

mav_9me

So much better up top. Can drift across the front line without worrying about tracking back. Should be our forward against Chelsea.
Hasn't always been as involved when playing as a striker. Lot of games where his movement becomes minimal and static which obviously is a disaster for our relatively poor attack to begin with.

But playing like this he can definitely be our first choice striker. Still would like him to be more in the box looking for tap ins but thats not really his game.

KennyBurner

Should be our number 9 this season. Has the technique and first touch to receive the ball under pressure. The only problem is his workrate off the ball which wasn't a problem today.

He makes very smart runs occasionally which provided the goal. People just want him to run aimlessly which isn't realistic. The only time we should expect him doing this is when recovering the ball back as a team. Martial will probably be our top goalscorer this season. We just need to get in the right transfers to support our key players pogba and martial.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think him and Rashford will just rotate a lot as LW/strikers during games and between games, depending on how theyre doing.

Adamsk7

Sell Lukaku, give him back the number 9 and let’s see what he does. There’s no reason Martial and Rashford can’t play together in a fluid front three or as strike partners with a diamond behind. Don’t see why it has to be one or the other.

Hawks2008

Good showing, looked lively and pressed which is good to see and a well taken finish. Maybe the striker role does suit him best.

Foxbatt

He may be a player who needs to be encouraged instead of put down like Jose does.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very good game by him. Unlucky not to score with his left foot. That shot was so good. Hopefully we see more of this in the season.

ottosec

Best finisher at the club.

His movement was always his Achilles heel, but that seems to have improved in this tour.

Quinzaine

Hold on, I thought he was incapable of pressing or showing any kind of movement? His movement and pressing today was spot on today in that No.9 role and he's quite simply our best attacker. 2/3 games in a row now where he's showing elements that have previously been missing to his game which can take him right to the top. Credit to him and the coaching staff let's hope it can continue.

Untd55

He may be a player who needs to be encouraged instead of put down like Jose does.
Strange, considering he was probably one of the best players under Mourinho. Not everything can be blamed on Mourinho, Martial's form fell off last season after he was sacked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have always felt that Rashford and Martial should be the other way around on the pitch. I think they are far more suited to the role.

Rashford should really be on the left-wing, but since we still don't have a right-winger, he will probably need to go there.

Martial is one of our best finishers, so I think we should utilise his best asset as a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.