Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He looked very sharp indeed when he came on, fancied him to score. That bodes well for the Brighton game!

KennyBurner

Clearly our best and most intelligent attacker. I do need him to shoot more on the edge and let go of those one-twos.

SATA

Some silky skills and dribbles :drool:

He gave up linking with Ighalo after Odion failed to control some of his passes. He went linking up with Marcus and Pogba instead

Rolaholic

Honestly has the makings of a world beater when he's on it with his skillset, some of the stuff he was pulling off after coming on is normally reserved for the most gifted attackers. Looked an instant threat as soon as he was out there

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Martial looked razor sharp when he came on against Norwich. As a fan base we have had a tendency to hype him up. Lately he's looked like living up to it though. Visibly frightened Norwich.

Raven

Martial looked razor sharp when he came on against Norwich. As a fan base we have had a tendency to hype him up. Lately he's looked like living up to it though. Visibly frightened Norwich.
He has incredible physical, technical and creative abilities, he can become one of the best in the world if he keeps working hard.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been really good this season, so good that he might make a late push for our player of the season, which I felt Rashford was nailed on to win.

RooneyLegend

Quality footballer. He's not made for struggling sides that need someone to battle defenders but in a good side with quality around him he's the goods. Really loving some of the work him and Rashford are getting up to. Just need to find the 3rd wheel.

Yagami

Good post resistant
:D

Has anyone noticed his trademark fist pump when we score a late goal? I notice him doing it every time we get a late winner/equaliser. The passion.

wythyred

He’s transformed this season. His attitude is ten times better and he’s becoming the player we always thought he would.

OldTrevil

Brilliant when he came on, was full of ideas and instantly improved our attacking threat and impetus. Could have scored with the last kick of the ball

Andersons Dietician

He looked like a mega star when he came on. He made the other attackers around him look pretty average. More of this please.

sport2793

Quality footballer. He's not made for struggling sides that need someone to battle defenders but in a good side with quality around him he's the goods. Really loving some of the work him and Rashford are getting up to. Just need to find the 3rd wheel.
Think he's already been found, just give it a month. They are going to tear opposing defenses apart all over Europe.

cyberman

Does anybody think his approach for the blocked touch was all wrong? Why is he even trying to take a touch there? Someone like Aguero is sliding in and trying to finish that first time imo

crossy1686

career ending
Did well today when he came on but infuriated me at one point where he decided to dribble into three players, while already inside the box and had space to shoot. Just fecking shoot for fecks sake, how close to goal do you need to be to hit the back on the net!?

Santoryo

ripping the reward
There was this interview Rashford did with Van Persie and the latter touched on strikers making runs.

Van Persie said that as a striker the more you trust the players behind you to make those passes to find you, the more runs you'll make but if you don't trust those players because they're unable to find you and make passes, the less you make those runs.

Pretty much makes complete sense to me and the difference is reflected in Martial's game when he plays with a Perreira behind and when he has Bruno and Pogba behind. With the latter he's willing to make more runs while he knew it'd be hopeless with Perreira(and he still made those runs in behind but was never found but now he's making them more often which now becomes noticeable to some because he trusts the guys behind him)

I also remember a few years ago when Zlatan was with us. There was this section where they did some analyses on his and Pogba's connection. They show how whenever the ball was with any other player in midfield Zlatan wouldn't try to make any clever movements but as soon as the ball landed on Pogba's feet, Zlatan would always to try to run in behind because he trusted Pogba to pin a ball through to him.

It's all about trusting the players surrounding you. If you play with people who never make those final passes or are unable to, then as a striker you simply stop running in behind because you know it's pointless.

Brightonian

I also remember a few years ago when Zlatan was with us. The was this section where they did some analyses on his and Pogba's connection. They show how whenever the ball was with any other players in midfield Zlatan wouldn't try to make any clever movements but as soon as the ball landed on Pogba's feet, Zlatan would always to try to run in behind because he trusted Pogba to pin a ball through to him.
Shame he kept shanking them really. Every highlights reel of Pogba that season is just Zlatan missing these delightful chances over and over again. Crazy how many goals he could have scored when you consider that he got 28 while finishing so inconsistently.

Back on topic, a gold star to the caftard who comes up with a gif/video of that insane tight control run Martial made today which he capped off with a second of step-over showboating. I hate to invoke the name, but the ball sticks to his feet like Messi.

KennyBurner

Shame he kept shanking them really. Every highlights reel of Pogba that season is just Zlatan missing these delightful chances over and over again. Crazy how many goals he could have scored when you consider that he got 28 while finishing so inconsistently.

Back on topic, a gold star to the caftard who comes up with a gif/video of that insane tight control run Martial made today which he capped off with a second of step-over showboating. I hate to invoke the name, but the ball sticks to his feet like Messi.

Where is my star?

KennyBurner

Martial is more than just a striker. Also a creative force. He should be the complete package in a year.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Martial is more than just a striker. Also a creative force. He should be the complete package in a year.

I believe this season has been his most productive when it comes to chances created. This video illustrates quite a few of those key passes that never got anywhere due to poor finishing.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Where is my star?
Shaw should have continue running, trying to make the overlap and take a defender away or be available for a pass which could have out him in a.dangerous position close to their goal.

I guess it was toward the end of the game so forgivable. But Shaw should be making those runs inside the opposition box in these situations

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Quality player. Just needed trust. Thankfully we got Ole in to give him that trust... if Mourinho had his way, we could've been looking at a potential Salah/De Bruyne situation.

RedCurry

:D

Has anyone noticed his trademark fist pump when we score a late goal? I notice him doing it every time we get a late winner/equaliser. The passion.
Yep, was so funny to watch. C’est manchestere!

Status
Not open for further replies.