Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well, I love Martial but twice today he had better options in Rashford and Greenwood and went for the shot instead.

He has a good eye for a pass that's why I was disappointed today in these two instances but overall yeah he had a good game today along with Rashford.
I know what you mean but a CF isn't going to pass up the opportunity to shoot that often. Especially when he made that run for his shot where he could've passed to Greenwood.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Did well today, loved his passion and drive. Single handedly dragged us back into the game, and could have won us the game on his own. No complaints.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial misses weren't really selfish plays. You'd fancy him to normally score some of the misses tonight. His finishing just wasn't consistent tonight. Happens to all strikers. I also attribute the miss after the run to tiredness, he was tired and couldn't get his finish right on that occasion. Seen him place those on the far corner with ease.

kundalini

Super goal. Good assist for Rashford's goal. Should have scored when through on goal but waited until their keeper was in an ideal position to save. Another good run in the 2nd half but shot off-target. Super combination for Rashford's shot that was blocked.

Silas

Far to wasteful and inconsistent. We cannot go forward with him as a number 9 and Rashford is not a number 9 either .

If Sancho comes in the summer one of Rashford and Martial should be the one making way and moving Greenwood in the middle
Seriously? Where the hell's this inconsistency?

Raven

Far to wasteful and inconsistent. We cannot go forward with him as a number 9 and Rashford is not a number 9 either .

If Sancho comes in the summer one of Rashford and Martial should be the one making way and moving Greenwood in the middle
Worst post in the thread since the restart, fair play.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Played very well. But if either of the two chances he had from the edge of the box fell to Greenwood, it's another 4 goal game. His left foot is mince.
Let's not overhype Greenwood. He is going through a great patch from distance, but no striker is going to be scoring those always when you look at football throughout the history, not even Brazilian Ronaldo. 1 out of 5 attempts is great.
And he's done nothing of note in this game, unlike Martial.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
His hold up and link up play was massive thought. These past 2 games he's stepped up a few notch with his strength and hold up play. very impressive.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football

Look at this shit. Provide a great assist, score a great goal, provide nearly another assist (rashford didn't convert close range), run rings around the defence of the opponent and still the sharks are circling.

This is the shit Martial be dealing with here.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was sensational all game.

If the rest of the team(Rashford was fairly good too) played half as good as him, we would have smashed Saints.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is amazing. His runs on defenders are a joy to watch, they are scared of him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don't know how anyone can give him grief after that performance, nearly dragged us to a result by himself.

Although he probably should've buried that early chance.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He had very good game, his touch and pass to Rashford for first goal was awesome, his goal was just brilliant. Shame he didn't score few more, he rarely miss those chances.

He was my MOTM, continuing his good form.

RooneyLegend

Brilliant by him, tried to drag us over the line but wasn't to be. Pretty sure he didn't expect to play a game with so little quality service.

Swiss_Red89

Superb performance. Should have squared the ball to greenwood though.

But in some way i like him getting more and more hungry for goals and getting a bit more selfish.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm just going to attribute certain type of ridiculous posts to anger. I'd just say some people are angry that we dropped points hence the nonsense being written about his performance tonight. Man was everywhere, hustled, pressed, held up the ball, harassed their defenders, scored, assisted, kept going till the very end. How is this performance anything less then good from him :lol:

And anyone talking about inconsistency when he's been consistent since pre lockdown and performing even when the team as a whole doesn't perform well should just keep quiet.

Get In Scholesy

He's generally incredibly clinical, finishing was a little off this evening.
He has one of the highest conversion rates in the Premier League.
The facts disagree with you there, but don't let that stop you from being wrong
I just checked his statistics. In PL he has 50 goals from 142 appearances with 120 shots on target. Which is in fact a great rate of conversion.

Is he wasteful relative to his peers? The best of them miss chances all the time.
This is true. I supposed my disgruntlement comes from the fact that since he is one of the most (if not the most) potent goal threat we have, when he misses chances I always feel there is a likelihood we will live to regret that. This might be due to a general team issue where he haven't been creating enough chances, or even taking them, in recent years leading to results such as this one.

I might be taking the frustrations I have regarding the team on him.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
People around him were horrendous as well. Greenwood invisible, Bruno couldn't pass to save his life in this game, Pogba had nothing, only Rashford was respectable. He was feeding off scraps and had to create his own stuff.

Rossa

Too bad you are quoted several times. If not, you should have deleted this shambles of a post. He’s been great lately. Almost dragged us to a win, but yeah, carry on moaning.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Felt like it was a one man performance. Why people having a go at him is a bit weird - the chance that was saved was created by himself, he assisted to Rashford, he could have had another assist but a world class diving tackle.

Ole needs to stop using the 4231 and use a 433 instead to get the best use of our front line that allows interlinking fluid attack - Rashford and Greenwood can be playing far too behind Martial at times when it should be Martial who drops deep to initiate Rashford and Greenwood playing forward more.

Rossa

I just checked his statistics. In PL he has 50 goals from 142 appearances with 120 shots on target. Which is in fact a great rate of conversion.

This is true. I supposed my disgruntlement comes from the fact that since he is one of the most (if not the most) potent goal threat we have, when he misses chances I always feel there is a likelihood we will live to regret that. This might be due to a general team issue where he haven't been creating enough chances, or even taking them, in recent years leading to results such as this one.

Great to see people admitting they are in the wrong!

PaulScholes99

Had a brilliant game tonight, luckily a lot of people see it instead of the ones criticizing him for this performance. Of course he could have done even better but (excluding prime Messi) there is no player who does everything perfect the whole game. He has done brilliant for both goals (what a hold up play for the first!), played a perfect ball for Rashford (who should have scored here). First missed chance was bad but you can't really criticize him for not passing to Greenwood at his second "mistake", it was a run over the whole field with superb dribbling. Unfortunately such a run costs a lot of strength and he wasn't fit enough to finish the chance. Still an absolute top game of Tony.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Let's not overhype Greenwood. He is going through a great patch from distance, but no striker is going to be scoring those always when you look at football throughout the history, not even Brazilian Ronaldo. 1 out of 5 attempts is great.
And he's done nothing of note in this game, unlike Martial.
It's not so much hyping Greenwood, more wishing that Martial was as two-footed as he was.

Martial was great tonight regardless. His pressing was impressive, that might be the most gut-busting performance I've seen from him. Should have had another assist if Rashford wasn't so casual.

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's kinda mad that the knives are still out after that performance. He was the MOTM and the sole reason we got anything out of the game.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Great to see people admitting they are in the wrong!
It rarely happens on the internet. I have seen it happen on the caf two or three times and one of those times it was me.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People around him were horrendous as well. Greenwood invisible, Bruno couldn't pass to save his life in this game, Pogba had nothing, only Rashford was respectable. He was feeding off scraps and had to create his own stuff.
This is the part that killed us the most. Had Bruno's game been even 10% better we'd have smashed Southampton given all the space they left in behind and somehow Bruno kept fecking relatively simple final ball to put any of our front 3 in dangerous position to score or cause issues.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
It's kinda mad that the knives are still out after that performance. He was the MOTM and the sole reason we got anything out of the game.
I might have given too much credit to some guys on the caf when I said a few weeks ago that his goals and performances won't save him when he is quiet for a game or two.

Turns out he can have a great goal+assist+all round performance and still have some calling for his head. Agenda posters who have long made their mind up and want nothing more than to be proven 'right' about their initial analysis of him, even though the facts are saying they are eejits.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
It's not so much hyping Greenwood, more wishing that Martial was as two-footed as he was.

Martial was great tonight regardless. His pressing was impressive, that might be the most gut-busting performance I've seen from him. Should have had another assist if Rashford wasn't so casual.
Martial has scored some beauty with his left, that shot wayward was just a bad shot, nothing to do with poor left foot. He does have wayward shot with his right foot to sometimes. It can happen when players are rushed.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Fair enough, we all are guilty of this

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He is as wasteful as he is brilliant. Needs to improve on being more clinical, can't have that at the highest level.
He is literally one of the most clinical in the league and that also cover previous seasons. His finishing is excellent. Apologies if you were being sarcastic.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I'm just going to attribute some replies to people being bummed about the result. Emotions are high and people feel like Martial not finishing his other 2 chances has cost us. It's obviously the wrong way of seeing the game but I'd bet that feeling might be causing certain replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.