6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

acnumber9

He played well. Him and Rashford almost dragged an underperforming team to a win tonight.

Walters_19_MuFc

What an all round player he's turned in to. Fantastic game from him tonight. His hold up play for Rashford's goal was superb, then his finish was different class. On another day he could have had another hat trick. Worth noting that he created a couple chances himself through his pressing, which is something he needs to get a lot of credit for, especially given some, including myself, didn't think he had it in him. Top performance. A shame his goal didn't get the win.

acnumber9

Man of the match today. An actual footballer. We need more players like him that can do the basics right. That chance he provided to Rashford that was missed cost us the game.
That chance that Rashford created with a great piece of skill and great ball to Martial? Or did you have your eyes closed for that part? Martial missed a better chance at 0-0.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think the team is looking a bit leggy at points in the game, like the start and in the second half. Playing the same line up for 5 consecutive games isn't easy, especially through short period of time. A lot of players where off tonight.

Hopefully next season we add depth to our squad.

Andersons Dietician

Great save by the keeper, well lucky save by the keeper. his work for the Rashford goal was brilliant, his goal wasn’t bad either but if he’d scored from that run Martial FC would have to call a meeting so we can discuss getting his statue made. I really want to know if he meant to let that bill roll whilst he went round the other side.

great hussel today and won the ball back a few times.

Rossa

It's the right thing to do.

But I would still love to see him have a higher conversion rate :devil:
I’d love for him to score a hat trick every game:)
I think he’s been a revelation lately. He will have quiet days; all strikers do, but he’s got so many strings to his game. Pace, dribbling, hold up, passing... fun to watch!

el3mel

Easily the only player to leave the pitch with full credit. Amazing performance overall even if he missed 1 or chances. Fantastic holdup play in the first goal and amazing run in the second. The other run he did solely in the second half was great, even if the finish was poor.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Martial pressing has gotten so aggressive and relentless. Never thought I'd see a game where Martial presses more than anyone else in the team but these past 2 games have shown that. What was his distance covered? I'm sure he's in the 10 km or close. His usual ones were around 9km.

Get In Scholesy

I’d love for him to score a hat trick every game:)
I think he’s been a revelation lately. He will have quiet days; all strikers do, but he’s got so many strings to his game. Pace, dribbling, hold up, passing... fun to watch!
Yeah, that run in the second half when he picked up the ball inside our own half was excellent to watch. Seems to be maturing, really finding his identity as a player.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Great save by the keeper, well lucky save by the keeper. his work for the Rashford goal was brilliant, his goal wasn’t bad either but if he’d scored from that run Martial FC would have to call a meeting so we can discuss getting his statue made. I really want to know if he meant to let that bill roll whilst he went round the other side.

great hussel today and won the ball back a few times.
That bill roll was definitely accidental. He already started looking tired during that run and by the time he got to finish he was dead hence why the poor finish after that run. Fatigue had already hit his legs and couldn't get his finish right and the way he wanted. But yeah had that gone in, a status would have been erected in the Caf :lol:

Brilliant game but he should be kicking himself tonight for those misses.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Tonight if even either one of Bruno or Pogba weren't off we'd have sailed the game. I'm not usually into the over exaggerated fatigue narrative but I think the lads were leggy tonight. It started showing since against Aston Villa and tonight we were done by the second half.

Nep77

Absolutely the best player in the pitch and has been the best united player since the restart. Should have had few more goals in last 3 matches.

Rossa

Yeah, that run in the second half when he picked up the ball inside our own half was excellent to watch. Seems to be maturing, really finding his identity as a player.
24-25 years old. Hitting his sweet spit and looks more interested than ever. Never seen him run as much. Under Mourinho, he almost looked unfit and hardly ever broke a sweat.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Tonight if even either one of Bruno or Pogba weren't off we'd have sailed the game. I'm not usually into the over exaggerated fatigue narrative but I think the lads were leggy tonight. It started showing since against Aston Villa and tonight we were done by the second half.
That's what really killed the game. Pogba's mistake being too slow in his half cost the first goal, fair play to him he made up for it by being involved in the two other goals but Bruno was very poor and nothing came off for him, I thought it was good to sub him and get him some rest.

Martial was my MotM, created the goal with a brilliant control and lay off, and scored a worldie out of not much at a pace and penetration that I've missed seeing from him from the left wing. Him and Rashford were switching positions here and there and it's what allowed that second goal to come off. His first miss, I thought it was a pretty good shot actually, he tried to go near the keeper's head but that left hand save was great by the GK. The second was off a crazy sprint and mazy run through defenders. I know he should have laid it off to Greenwood, but he had a bit of tunnel vision at that point and how many times have we heard here before how he's not a striker because he lays off too many opportunities where he should shoot. Well, he's doing more single-minded shooting like a striker should and I'm not mad at him for it. The circumstances in the last few minutes have put a negative twist on all the performances tonight unfortunately.

Red00012

Excellent performance. We had two good performances in attack and two good performances in defence. Not enough good performances to win a game though. More’s the pity.
Feck me I’ll be having dreams about performances after that post.

Red00012

Good performance. Possibly one of Ole’s most improved players .
Should have had 2 if not 3 tonight

He'sRaldo

Felt like it was a one man performance. Why people having a go at him is a bit weird - the chance that was saved was created by himself, he assisted to Rashford, he could have had another assist but a world class diving tackle.

Ole needs to stop using the 4231 and use a 433 instead to get the best use of our front line that allows interlinking fluid attack - Rashford and Greenwood can be playing far too behind Martial at times when it should be Martial who drops deep to initiate Rashford and Greenwood playing forward more.
A good point. The 4-2-3-1 worked against us today, especially with Southampton's press.

Canagel

It's scary how good he is becoming. How many strikers are picking the ball like that on the left, dribbling at top speed and finishing top bins? WC man, the complete package in a forward.

If he finished that run from his own half it would have been replayed for years

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
World class striker performance. Such a great player. Should have passed to Greenwood after doing the hard work with his amazing solo run. Greenwood wasn't tired cause he hadn't been dribbling 7 players so probably would have scored, but I guess after dribbling past 7 men it might be hard to assess for Martial. When you have such a good all-round game, it's obviously forgiven. I hope people will remember that when we needed the win, Martial didn't crumble. Great talent, and mentally strong.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
24-25 years old. Hitting his sweet spit and looks more interested than ever. Never seen him run as much. Under Mourinho, he almost looked unfit and hardly ever broke a sweat.
This is what Im loving the most, and its surely to do with OGS faith and coaching.

No more Mr sulky lazy: he has ants in his pants and is buzzing all over the place.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's been on fire in 2020. Not just his finishing, but overall play. Great hold up play, great work rate, and the goals and assists to show for it. Looks very determined to finish the season strongly. Long may it continue.

Lj82

Far to wasteful and inconsistent. We cannot go forward with him as a number 9 and Rashford is not a number 9 either .

If Sancho comes in the summer one of Rashford and Martial should be the one making way and moving Greenwood in the middle
Stop pushing these myths. His conversion rate and contribution rate by minutes are among the best in the league.

Lj82

Brilliant performance, but could have maybe done even more in terms of getting another goal.
What you say is true. But if we take a step back and think about it, we are expecting him to do so much more because he really is capable of it. Speaks volume of his talent and progress in fulfilling it.

Lj82

Superb performance. Should have squared the ball to greenwood though.

But in some way i like him getting more and more hungry for goals and getting a bit more selfish.
Yup. Theoretically he should have passed to greenwood. But I think we will benefit in the long run to have him more focused on getting goals himself.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
One of his weaknesses in the past was that if he wasn't getting the ball to feet, he used to get a bit disinterested & games could pass him by sometimes. Under Ole, he's clearly worked a lot on this and he deserves a lot of credit.

That run highlights the improvements Martial has made to his game this season. The 80th min, his legs are tiring and he's winning the ball in his own half and immediately taking on the other team by himself, trying to wrap the win up for us. His mentality has changed. When you think of all his talents on the ball, consistently being one of the league's deadliest finishers, now he's adding the determination and strong work ethic too, at only 24, It's legit scary how good he is becoming.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Anyone will swap him with any CF in this league? Maybe going bit far but I think he is complete package and I don't think there is any CF who offers everything that Martial does.

Status
Not open for further replies.