6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickelodeon

He is the only one of the forwards who can claim to have some, albeit extremely little, success today. Everyone else should hang their heads in shame. It’s pitiful that Lingard is a starter for us.

Stadjer

He was the best player before Pogba came on. Created a must score for Lingard and his hold up play was good too.

He was offside a few times but that could also be blamed on the (lack) of quality of the passes.

He and James arent a good combo though.. James will just stay wide and Martial will drop deep. James will cross and Martial wont be in the box. James needs to be replaced with a Salah/Mane type who will move inside more.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
People with their clear agendas are just downright pathetic. How can you single out a player when the entire front force got rendered toothless because of lacxk of creativity. People will scream new striker but that is the least of our issues. There is simply no creativity w/o Pogba and it showed. Bring in whatever striker here and the way we've played they'll end up dry.

But I know it's open hunt season on him, so let's feast on him and pretend that he wasn't our only forward who created plenty and showed threat.

poleglass red

Would say he was probably our man of the match but he cemented it once Pogba was on. It really goes to show what he could be if you can get people that can pass and move around him. He got caught offside twice because Lingard is trash and takes a few minutes to make a decision.
Flip that around as to when Martial slipped him through control and pass before Lingard had even decided there was space there.
Hold up was good, link up was good, pressing was good, created chances for himself and others overall a very good performance.

I quite like how he is developing in to the leader of the front 4. He’s the one always starting the press and making sure the others are following him up.
Wow.

Silas

Our best attacker today and should've had at least one assist. Pogba at 10/advanced #8 should do a world of good for him going forwards; their link up play's easily the best in the squad.
I'd gladly accept this pos never playing for us again
The feck?

Last edited:

Hawks2008

I mean he actually touched the ball in the box a few times today so better than the Everton game but he was just ok today and looks better due to how ineffective our other forwards were.

el3mel

All the talent in the world with zero urgency to back it. I don't know how some try to deny he lacks that in his game.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Most are saying he turns up when he wants, which is genuine criticism I think.

He has moments of good as he's a decent player. Biggest issue is that he rarely changes games despite his elevated position in our squad (ie an automatic starter).

That said, not the worst player today at all.
Turn up when he wants? Have you seen the state of how team creativity? We're starving our front players, so of course it'll be hard to make consistent impacts. What exactly do you imagine most others forward would do without much services. Our issue has to do with creativity and the wat we've been coached. We were up against some bottom team and the team failed to create much especially prior to Pogba coming in) collectively.

In our current situation it's very hard to be consistent.

Walters_19_MuFc

Was better when he moved to the left. In a game such as today, its always hard to for a forward to get space. However, the few times he did get the ball, he definately could have held it better and worked the line better.

With Pogba back, i'm hoping we move to a 433, which we did when he came on, and Martial plays that false 9 role.

We do need another striker, though. He needs pressure from the bench to give him that kick up the backside.

UncleBob

Bit weird that this thread is full of posts after his performance today, while there hasn't been a single post in Rashfords performance thread.

UncleBob

Was better when he moved to the left. In a game such as today, its always hard to for a forward to get space. However, the few times he did get the ball, he definately could have held it better and worked the line better.

With Pogba back, i'm hoping we move to a 433, which we did when he came on, and Martial plays that false 9 role.

We do need another striker, though. He needs pressure from the bench to give him that kick up the backside.
:lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Not great, but did a few things well like the pass to Lingard. He is creative with the ball, but never in the box when needed and makes few runs to get into chances.

I think he is best on the wing just like Rashford is or in a two man attack. That is why we should have kept Lukaku or gone for another striker this summer.

Andersons Dietician

He was the best player before Pogba came on. Created a must score for Lingard and his hold up play was good too.

He was offside a few times but that could also be blamed on the (lack) of quality of the passes.

He and James arent a good combo though.. James will just stay wide and Martial will drop deep. James will cross and Martial wont be in the box. James needs to be replaced with a Salah/Mane type who will move inside more.
On this, I think today is surely the first time that James has realised that Martial tends to like cut back and I think it’s the only time James has noticed this and actually found him. Although Martial probably should have left that one for Rashford as it was a bit behind him.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Would say he was probably our man of the match but he cemented it once Pogba was on. It really goes to show what he could be if you can get people that can pass and move around him. He got caught offside twice because Lingard is trash and takes a few minutes to make a decision.
Flip that around as to when Martial slipped him through control and pass before Lingard had even decided there was space there.
Hold up was good, link up was good, pressing was good, created chances for himself and others overall a very good performance.

I quite like how he is developing in to the leader of the front 4. He’s the one always starting the press and making sure the others are following him up.
Yet you'd have people flock in here claiming that he was trash and didn't do much. Some even claiming that beside that chance to Lingard he didn't do much, forgetting that he created 2 more goal scoring chances for Pogba and Rashford receptively. It's bizarre once the Caf has targeted a player.

poleglass red

The feck?
Hes horrible. His attitude stinks. That was the worst team in the league today. Why do people stick up for this guy. Am I missing something. Hes a shite footballer
Our best attacker today and should've had at least one assist. Pogba at 10 should do a world of good for him going forwards; their link up play's easily the best in the squad.

The feck?
Cringeworthy mate. How can u back him when he consistently fails to deliver not through lack of ability but because he can't be arsed.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Come on now. He held the ball well. What is it with the Caf sometimes :lol:

Rashford is our top scorer and assister by a fair distance aint he @UncleBob?
This is your excuse :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Just bang average.

Always has been bar his first season.

Wouldnt get into any of the teams in the top 4 or Spurs.

Godfather

Hes horrible. His attitude stinks. That was the worst team in the league today. Why do people stick up for this guy. Am I missing something. Hes a shite footballer

Cringeworthy mate. How can u back him when he consistently fails to deliver not through lack of ability but because he can't be arsed.
Everything the poster you quoted was correct. All you do is post some absolute garbage though. He can't be arsed? He was the only one putting a real shift in until the end.

So obviously you get leeway when you're productive most weeks, if however you lead the line for United and have 7 goals (the same as a 18 year old) by Christmas, you're gonna be questioned.

Martial is never going to be good enough as a CF for me, he's simply never going to be goal hungry enough. Swap him for a pumped Lukaku this season and we're a lot more points better off.

Andersonson

Again, he doesnt score! He was good at times this game, but he simply aint good enough in front of goal.

Not sure where he fits in tbh

Andersons Dietician

Yet you'd have people flock in here claiming that he was trash and didn't do much. Some even claiming that beside that chance to Lingard he didn't do much, forgetting that he created 2 more goal scoring chances for Pogba and Rashford receptively. It's bizarre once the Caf has targeted a player.
Yeah it’s not even just those ones, there were moments in the first half where he was holding the ball off of 2 or 3 people got the ball and got away. People saying he is never in the box either are talking rubbish. Made countless runs today to get in the box, near post, back post, cut back some people just see what they want to see or don’t actually pay attention but he is the whipping boy so they go a spew their rubbish.

He also had some fantastic little touches to either set james away or get away from people himself.

Davicho

Should've had three assists today. Our best attacker by a country mile.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He was shite too. This Martial vs Rashford shit is tiring.
And James too. That's why I don't understand why Martial is almost always singled out when Martial is generally bad when Rashford, James and the midfield are bad and it's the same for Rashford and James too. If they are not all good, they are generally all bad but only a few of them are lambasted. And it makes sense because while they all have qualities, they are not good enough to break a game by themselves, they are interdependent. In our team only two players are able to do their job to a good standard without much help that's Pogba and Wan Bissaka but even them aren't good enough to make that big of a difference by themselves and need to be in a functioning unit, if we want to win games.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
So obviously you get leeway when you're productive most weeks, if however you lead the line for United and have 7 goals (the same as a 17 year old) by Christmas, you're gonna be questioned.

Martial is never going to be good enough as a CF for me, he's simply never going to be goal hungry enough. Swap him for a pumped Lukaku this season and we're a lot more points better off.
How many goals did Lukaku have by this point last season? And keep in mind that we at least had Pogba fit to help with our creativity.

Cypherage

Was rather invisible the majority of the match as well as Rashford, but can't just point the blame at them, it was the whole team, but was poor from all are strikers in general.

Nep77

My issue with him is not only urgency but unwillingness to take the player on when he is playing central. Moment he moved on to the left he started taking them on beating for fun, what stops him from running at the players when playing centrally? all he has been doing last few games his hold the ball and pass it back to the player it came from. Plus it must be a instruction to let Rashford have all the space on the left and he tends to drift more to the right channel than when we started the season when there was much more fluid movement with him and Rashford interchanging. One thing for sure is we are horribly coached and there is no coordination among the attack and much is dependent on individual brilliance or sometime two players uniting to pull some thing off.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
And James too. That's why I don't understand why Martial is almost always singled out when Martial is generally bad when Rashford, James and the midfield are bad and it's the same for Rashford and James too. If they are not all good, they are generally all bad but only a few of them are lambasted. And it makes sense because while they all have qualities, they are not good enough to break a game by themselves, they are interdependent. In our team only two players are able to do their job to a good standard without much help that's Pogba and Wan Bissaka but even them aren't good enough to make that big of a difference by themselves and need to be in a functioning unit, if we want to win games.
Exactly. People would come up with every reason as to why Martial should be the single attacking player to lay all the blame on. James and Rashford get leeways just because. It has reached a point where even if Martial play decent and his performance singles him out of all attackers rubbish perfomrances(like today), he still get the most criticism while excuses are built for the others or no mention at all.

Like I said once the Caf has targeted you, people will grasp at every nonsense to pounce.

Our best attacker today but his lack of urgency is extremely frustrating. Good linkup play with Pogba as usual. We've probably fecked our chances of signing Haaland anyways but we need to bring another striker in for competition. Greenwood can't be the only option we have to change games

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Turn up when he wants? Have you seen the state of how team creativity? We're starving our front players, so of course it'll be hard to make consistent impacts. What exactly do you imagine most others forward would do without much services. Our issue has to do with creativity and the wat we've been coached. We were up against some bottom team and the team failed to create much especially prior to Pogba coming in) collectively.

In our current situation it's very hard to be consistent.
Hmm yeah would be interesting to see how he performs with better players around him. He frustrates me at times so I was probably a little harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.