Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Genuinely surprised by the way he took that shot... Never seen him wildly swing at a ball like that.

Maybe he's been hanging round with Fred.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Thought he was very good again bar the finish.

Cassidy

Genuinely surprised by the way he took that shot... Never seen him wildly swing at a ball like that.

Think he saw VVD coming and rushed the shot. First time I have seen him panic in front of goal

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Missed a good chance but the feck else was he supposed to do? Was more isolated than the Polish at the start of world war 2.

Andersons Dietician

Today he kept pulling on to the back of TAA and was begging for a ball and it just never came. Yet Liverpool midfielders were hitting balls out to Mane wide open not even looking to see if he was there they just knew he would be.

We need the players to start trusting each other and know where people should be.

There was another moment he pulled in to good space and Matic fired it at him, yeah it was hard to control and not many would but I would have backed him to do it and instead it bounced off him.

James poor cross when Martial was running in to grass. Just things like that. So many bad decisions as a team by us.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m afraid that without Rashford he’s gonna sink into his shell again under pressure to score goals.

Thought he was ok today but was disappointed with some of his passing

Andersons Dietician

Think he saw VVD coming and rushed the shot. First time I have seen him panic in front of goal
To be fair to him, I think if he tries to guide that in it’s not going to have the power and VVD blocks it or Allison plucks it out the air. Kinda had to put the laces through it but have to check it again but felt like he could have gone for the near post.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

I'm not, VvD was closing in fast after his touch. He didn't have time to really place the ball, still should have hit the target.

littleman

No one talks about win-rate w-w/o Martial anymore

Still a long way to go for this lad

Excuses aplenty here whenever he fails

Cassidy

To be fair to him, I think if he tries to guide that in it’s not going to have the power and VVD blocks it or Allison plucks it out the air. Kinda had to put the laces through it but have to check it again but felt like he could have gone for the near post.
Did look like VVD closed him quickly but I would expect Martial to be cool and find the finish

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm not, VvD was closing in fast after his touch. He didn't have time to really place the ball, still should have hit the target.
Even still... That was very wild, even under pressure he is usually way more cool and better technically.

C'est Moi Cantona

I love Martial, with top players around him he'd be dynamite.

He's one of the few top talents we have, and he's staying long term, we just need to make sure we don't waste him.

KennyBurner

what exactly is the excuse? Did he have multiple opportunities that he missed? Do you expect him to score every single opportunity per game? He was decent to say the least so what exactly is the excuse? You guys always expect the impossible when you know what are team is working with.

Alejandro Angel

Not his biggest fan but was ok today, his usual cool finishing deserted him but worked hard and apart from a couple of poor decisions was good.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Even still... That was very wild, even under pressure he is usually way more cool and better technically.
There is pressure when the ball is on the ground, and pressure when the ball is in the air. If it was on the ground, I think he would have been more composed, but he pretty much had to fire a shot right at the second bounce or VvD gets to it. He also looked like he lost a split second of balance sliding through, TAA seemed to clip him with his leg. I think he had the right idea once he chested it, but he didn't strike it right.

Yagami

Good post resistant

He didn't fail, though. He, along with Fred, was our only player that resembled a footballer.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
what exactly is the excuse? Did he have multiple opportunities that he missed? Do you expect him to score every single opportunity per game? He was decent to say the least so what exactly is the excuse? You guys always expect the impossible when you know what are team is working with.
Just don't bother.

Martial is a player you have to use quite tactically - some people will see those tactics & some people won't. Some people will label it as excuses & some people will be excited to see it.

If you see the piece about Rashford, Martial & Greenwood by the athletic then you can see how the Liverpool team line up & how we line up - we still line up in a way that doesn't get the best out of us.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The funny and ironic thing is that same lot are the same people who can't shut up pre game telling everyone how Liverpool will overun us and we'll be lucky to not get a pasting then turn around later and pretend to be surprised that we'd actually lost and our attacking players hardly saw any ball.

Before the game they KNEW our midfield will get dominated, they KNEW that we'll hardly get any chance to get at Liverpool, they KNEW very well about our midfield and creativity issue yet comes game end they are the first to jump on threads like these and spam their faux outrages at Martial saying that he wasn't into the game.

It's quite astonishing how ridiculous this place can get with all the hypicrosies and agendas.

Suedesi

He was okay, very isolated upfront so you got to cut him some slack. Created that chance by himself, but should have been more composed.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not the man for the big occasion like Rashford is but he's not exactly at fault today. Okayed he really should have scored that great chance but he fed off scraps otherwise. Outclassed by a better team.

Zoo

Had to score but am not going to slate him as the way he took it was very uncharacteristic of him.

Irwin99

Aside from the miss I thought he was ok despite having no support whatsoever. It's a difficult one with Martial as he's one of the few players we have that has a bit of class and can do something special but he's too quiet for large parts of games. I wish we had a number 10 with a bit more presence.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I'm astonished he missed that chance to be honest.

Think he's gonna have a whole load of pressure on him now without Rashford there, he's been good this year in all honesty but I'm worried because he wilts under pressure.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We need footballers, not almost-theres

Resemblance is failure
I think that's very harsh under the circumstances. Bar obviously burying his chance, I don't think there's much more he could've done on his own.

I think if James had managed to slip him through either of those two times the opportunity arose to do so, it'd be a different conversation.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Think he's gonna have a whole load of pressure on him now without Rashford there, he's been good this year in all honesty but I'm worried because he wilts under pressure.
It's not that he wilts but he just isn't meant to be main goal scorer. Firmino for us would be just as rubbish with James on the right, Brandon Williams or Lingard on the left, Pereira behind him - even Rashford playing on the left would only get a quarter of the best out of such a player.

Now we go back to Martial being a target man type striker which he never was or is meant to be & people will talk about how he is never going to be good enough upfront - when the problem is that we don't really have enough players like Mane & Salah out wide to get the best out of a support striker like Martial.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

He usually get injured when the pressure is on. We'll see.

He'sRaldo

Does Rashford also wilt under pressure? He was pretty bad when Martial was out.

I see it as the less quality we have on the pitch, the more the quality we do have will struggle. Seen it with Pogba and Rashford already.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Does Rashford also wilt under pressure? He was pretty bad when Martial was out.

I see it as the less quality we have on the pitch, the more the quality we do have will struggle. Seen it with Pogba and Rashford already.
Stop it with your common sense!

Stadjer

He just can't be relied upon. Good player on his day, but he doesn't have that many days.

You seem to not like Martial. You posted the exact same thing during the match. He has been one of the best this season. When he gets a chance he usually scores them. I 'rely' more on Martial than on Rashford when it comes to scoring a chance for example.

What did you expect of him today? He is up against the best defender in the world, a world class goalkeeper and three more very capable defenders and all the support he got was from James (young, mostly just very fast) and Pereira (might be a long term squad option but so be nowhere near a Manchester United starting 11 in an ideal world). You could hardly make the situation any more difficult for Martial than it was today.

Yes he missed a decent chance but it wasnt a 'sitter' or something any other striker would score without a problem. Even Ronaldo and Messi sometimes miss chances but their team (or he does it himself in the case of Messi) will create more chances for them so eventually they will score.

I think Martial is doing well this season for his first real season as number nine while he is supported by average at best players like Lingard, Pereira or Mata behind him. With a better midfielder behind him and a better player to his right i think he will be atleast a very good striker for Manchester United. Good enough to compete for a the title if the rest of the team will also improve.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He’s got a role at the club, but we aren’t winning the league or getting 85+ points with him as our number 9. Not sure I ever see him bagging 20 league goals.

Stadjer

He’s got a role at the club, but we aren’t winning the league or getting 85+ points with him as our number 9. Not sure I ever see him bagging 20 league goals.
Would you take Firmino? If Martial has Rashford to his left and a Salah-type player to his right he wouldnt have to score 20 goals himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.