Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

littleman

MOST HARDWORKING PLAYER ON THE PITCH

Come on AM9 team, let's see what y'all got this time

M16Red

When? He was genuinely abysmal today. Nothing good at all, to the plain eye at least. I honestly don't even think it's recency bias, he was so poor.
I said the WRONG position, he's been like this for a while. Today his first touch was crap.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Maybe try him on the left when Igalo comes in. Move him then into the right wing when Rashford returns.

I said it yesterday and got roasted. He is not good enough as a striker. Maybe better on the wing instead of james though.

Eriku

It’s infuriating how often he tries to take fancy touches, only to have the ball snatched from him. Really should try to be more economical with his touches at times.

LJJT

Really disappointing again tonight. He’s a good player but a regular disappointment rather than frequent star performer

Raven

Ighalo will start with Martial, not replace him. Martial works best with goal scorers, Ighalo will likely take Rashford's role, James is more at risk I reckon.

starman

Nah, definitely needs replacing, I am at the end of my tether with him and I was one of the few who had patience's with Fred. Seeing what Jimenez was doing at the other end was depressing.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ighalo better surprise us and do well or its concentrate on next season time. Martial needs to go back to the left. End of. Pereira is fecking dreadful.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
In the first half he was definitely isolated, but in the second he had players all around him all the time and he was still shit

el3mel

Good thing seeing the majority coming to conclusion he's not a striker. Something I have been saying here for ages and still people were totally convinced whenever he was poor that the problem was him playing on the left and he's a striker by nature ? :houllier:

Can see Ighalo benching him and I'm not even that convinced with him.

Pav1878

I feel Martial needs a strike partner and would work best in a two, as he is always looking to play one twos with someone, back heels, flicks etc, reminds me of Yorke and Cole. But he definitely needs to up the intensity

Lebo

Are you people watching the same game? His biggest problem is not challenging for headers but otherwise he did okay with hold up play and lay offs. The biggest problem currently is that our buildup play is nonexistent. The team can’t create chances at all.

Robin Your Persie

He can’t play with his back to the goal, he cannot hold the ball up to save his life.

Back to the left wing for Martial.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
If I were his teammate, I would have probably fought him already. Can't stand his sorry ass.

I demand more commitment and effort from my six-a-side teammates.

Where is Roy Keane when you need him....

izec

Are you people watching the same game? His biggest problem is not challenging for headers but otherwise he did okay with hold up play and lay offs. The biggest problem currently is that our buildup play is nonexistent. The team can’t create chances at all.
That was a Lukakuesque performance today, without goals.

Habs

Nothing player. Can’t believe we gave him a new contract

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Chances are created by movement up front. This fecker has non existent off the ball movement.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Good thing seeing the majority coming to conclusion he's not a striker. Something I have been saying here for ages and still people were totally convinced whenever he was poor that the problem was him playing on the left and he's a striker by nature ? :houllier:

Can see Ighalo benching him and I'm not even that convinced with him.
If Ighalo will bench him we have a serious problems with finding quality in the club.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Sick of watching him play. For somebody that apparently has good technique he's got first touch of a baseball bat. Would have been better off playing with ten men tonight. Only Perreira was worse but we all know that. And to think I was going to this game before deciding against at the last moment.

Art Vandelay

Narrative is changing, it's gone from it's all Mourinho's fault, to he's wasted on the wing and he's really a great striker. Now he is a great striker provided someone else is the striker as he needs a partner. We're getting close to getting back to him being a winger. When the reality is he's not good enough, anywhere.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
In the first half he was definitely isolated, but in the second he had players all around him all the time and he was still shit
Which players though? Our front 3 in the second half was Pereira, Martial and Mata. Martial wasn’t great, but I didn’t expect much except perhaps take a chance if it falls to him.

He will inevitably be held accountable, but I will repeat that Rashford was exactly the same when Martial was injured. Our team played a static game, we couldn’t play any good football. All he could do is just lay it off to someone, but not someone running beyond him at pace etc, just another player standing 10 yards away not on the move. Short of him pulling out some individual brilliance and beating two players or getting a lucky chance fall to his feet, I can’t see how much better he could have done.

He doesn’t always get into goalscoring positions, but again, it will be almost negligible to do so. Nobody else is going to be a flair winger or whatever and stretch Wolves. We needed one more top forward, then perhaps Martial could have stayed more centrally. However, without Rashford who he can leave to do his thing while he concentrates on his own, he’d never see the ball in the penalty box.

el3mel

I agree. I'm not even sure if Martial can even play decent as a winger in current state.
At least on the flank he'll be usually one on one in dribbling so better chance to succeed. He'll still be pretty inconsistent because he's himself isn't what people really think of, but I have always maintained left is his best position and his problems there was just down to him not anyone else.

pascell

Still can't believe people on here thought we didn't need Haaland because of Martial, the guys hasn't improved at all since being here and we'll be saying the same things about him 2-3 seasons down the line

Dve

Totally out of form, and he´s been for awhile. I will not go so far as saying he´ll never become good again, but right now, we´re crying for better options.

Gordon S

He is regressing by the looks of it. But honestly, think it is more down to us not playing a football that works with our current players. Looked better when he switched position when Greenwood came on.

HowYouDoin

How the hell did he regress since his first season. How the hell is he a worse player at 24 than he was at 19.

kundalini

First half he seemed to be doing the basics ok, holding up the ball. 2nd half he gifted Wolves chances to counter with poor passes that were either intercepted or left the recipient in trouble.

Devil81

I've never believed he was a number 9 anyway and at least this season has proved the point.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
At least on the flank he'll be usually one on one in dribbling so better chance to succeed. He'll still be pretty inconsistent because he's himself isn't what people really think of, but I have always maintained left is his best position and his problems there was just down to him not anyone else.
His first goal for us was vs Pool and coming exactly from left flank, I hope he didin't forget how it's done, but we really need to sign Sancho in the summer or we might never have wings again.

acnumber9

His best moment was when he tackled Juan Mata just as he was about to shoot. Inspired.

He'sRaldo

At this point I'd love to see him dropped to the bench, because this bashing has been coming for some time now. Let Ighalo start ahead of him, if he performs better we'll know it's a Martial problem. If not, it's obviously a tactical issue.

Today 6 or 7 players were pretty rubbish. If it's one or two, fine, blame the players. 6 or 7? That's a tactical issue.

Drop him to the bench for a few games, let Ighalo start. Let's see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.