Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I mean, he made one dangerous run from the half-way line beating two players in that game before losing the ball.
That's leaps and bounds better than tonight.
:D I thought that was absolutely shit. And today is just the same old same old story.

Martialfc

50 million down the drain in my opinion. Never been good enough to be a united striker. RVP, Ruud, Saha, Ronaldo, Hernandez, Tevez, Rooney, Yorke, Cole, Sheringham, Ole. Proper strikers proper united players. Martial is like Berbatov in terms of laziness but atleast Berbatov could control the ball and score! Get rid of him now, he just isn’t good enough.

Heinzesight

Must be his last start for a while surely. Just use him as an impact sub for now and take him out of the firing line. Ole has given him the opportunity to find form but it’s gone on too long now.

He’s got the talent but not the bollocks I’m afraid. Shame really.

Mindhunter

Shambolic performance. Looks like he simply doesn't care. Gone are those runs from the left feeding balls into players or taking shots. He is a shadow of his past and somehow still feels entitled to stay on the pitch at a club with title ambitions.

He used to be one of my favorite players in the past but I have seen through the facade for a while now. His mental strength is not up there and it seems like every single atom in the world has to be exactly in the right place to get a half-decent performance from him.

He should be immediately relegated to the bench and asked to prove his worth again to get back into the first team. If his fragile mentality can't deal with that then we should simply get rid and free up the massive wages he is on.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
50 million down the drain in my opinion. Never been good enough to be a united striker. RVP, Ruud, Saha, Ronaldo, Hernandez, Tevez, Rooney, Yorke, Cole, Sheringham, Ole. Proper strikers proper united players. Martial is like Berbatov in terms of laziness but atleast Berbatov could control the ball and score! Get rid of him now, he just isn’t good enough.
name checks out :lol:

KennyBurner

Is martial clueless from lack of coaching direction or just clueless? I dont know what is wrong with him at this point.

Chairman Steve

Martial is 25 now and he’s been here almost 6 years. Big bad Jose who supposedly kept him from flourishing has long gone... so what’s the reason why he’s having his worst season to date?

I do think the concept of his centre forward role being under threat negatively affects him. Everytime a forward is brought in, his head goes down like it’s a slight on him, from Zlatan, Lukaku, Sanchez and now Cavani. The competition is there to push him not hinder him.

I swear he’s the first player we’ve had like that. Most SAF signings we had seem to have had a personality vetting by SAF to see how much they’re up for a fight when it comes to opposition as well as within their own playing squad. I don’t think Martial would have fitted into a SAF squad for being too mentally fragile. He‘d have probably shirked away if he was around when SAF kept stacking strikers in his team.

Remember the geese

We are on the verge of being a good team again. Relegating martial to squad player status will be a big part of that, hopefully this summer we can throw our hat in the ring for haaland or maybe Martinez at inter.
He isn't good enough to be a squad player. Tonight is the type of game you use your squad players in and you can't trust him at all. His attitude is pathetic. Besides, he's earning £250k a week. Not as good as Rashford on the left and I'm not a fan of his 'Firmino minus the workrate' displays up top.

tomaldinho1

The more direct we go, the shitter Martial becomes. Today was really poor from us and it was basically just direct ball over the top or a shabby cross as a means to breaking them down. Greenwood made a decent run between two defenders where Bruno found him in the first half but we need a bit more guile against a back 5 who are organised and going to be aerially dominant. This was a game for someone like Mata to start RW but we went for howitzer ball instead with the sticky toffee pudding pivot of Matic and Pogba and then Bruno + strikers just all paying off the shoulder or drifting into space out wide.

I made this point earlier in the season but he also just looks slower and his touch is off - the little feints and bursts of pace he had which would buy him a bit of space just aren't there any more and I can't help but think the club have been trying to bulk him up a bit given he's now predominantly a 9.

darko

Martial has to go. I hate using the word loser, but at this level, that's what he is. Is he even remotely considered to make the French National team. He would even be considered for a B squad. Two goals in sixteen appearances.

I'm looking at Rashford as well. I'm not even remotely concerned about accomodating him if United can get Grealish. Another lazy performance. No desire.

Jacob

Infuriating player. Good technique and flair but that's it. James provides more.

AgentSmith

Martial has to go. I hate using the word loser, but at this level, that's what he is. Is he even remotely considered to make the French National team. He would even be considered for a B squad. Two goals in sixteen appearances.

I'm looking at Rashford as well. I'm not even remotely concerned about accomodating him if United can get Grealish. Another lazy performance. No desire.
‘Accommodating’ Rashford...

Jesus wept.

RRCE

Sadly, I agree with this completely. He‘s talented and can be good on his day, but he’s not a proper United striker. He’s not clinical enough, and doesn’t work hard enough. He doesn’t make the kind of runs or take up the positions in the box that you’d want to see. Given the attributes that Ole appreciates in a striker, I can’t imagine he fancies Martial long term. I‘d absolutely look to upgrade in that position. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ole has said as much behind the scenes. It’ll be interesting to see if the board would allow such a move. Somehow, I doubt it.

Get In Scholesy

Current performances aside, he’s been with us since 2015 meaning he is in his 6th season. Can we say he has improved drastically in that time?

He looks the same player to me since he arrived, which is a bit worrisome.

hubbuh

I can't believe Ole left him on instead of Greenwood.
That's a decision I'll be wracking my brains over until the day I'm six feet under. Not only was Martial absolutely fecking turd the entire game, but we then moved Rashford over to the right where he's less effective to accommodate Martial on the left?!? Ole is forcing it to work with Martial too much and it cost us majorly tonight. I just don't get some of the decision-making. As @Lentwood said, vile stuff from us. Very deflating.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He isn't good enough to be a squad player. Tonight is the type of game you use your squad players in and you can't trust him at all. His attitude is pathetic. Besides, he's earning £250k a week. Not as good as Rashford on the left and I'm not a fan of his 'Firmino minus the workrate' displays up top.
Agreed. You want someone you can rely on to at least provide movement and energy as a squad player. At the very least.

hubbuh

Berbatov actually used to make runs and had dangerous and incisive movements. Martial is good at holding the ball up and used to be agile and good at dribbling, now he doesn't have nearly enough going for him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Not sure what will come first if it came down to it; DDG coming off his line or Martial running off the ball

jem

:lol: I didn't notice this during the match because I was focused on the counter.

It is hilarious how he decided to stop after the terrible pass.

No fight in this bloke.
Sums him up. Was absolute shite today and has been most of the season.

Fitchett

He's regressed this season, but tonight was a new low. Such lack of effort would be unacceptable for a Sunday League amateur, let alone the Manchester United no. 9 who is paid £250k per week. This is his 6th season with us, he's 25 now. He is not going to suddenly come good, so we must get rid in the summer and bring in a proper centre forward, with some fight in him. If only Cavani was 10 years younger.

lex talionis

Time to get Conte on the blower
A Serie A club would suit Martial well, but it's hard to imagine anyone splashing more than 25m for him now and even that might be wildly optimistic.

Tony's run with United does look to have come to a sad end, or at least grim demise. He shows no real desire on the pitch in any way. Dropping three points is just another day at the office for him while he collects 250/week, a wage which surely would dissuade most clubs from even thinking about him.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Mata, Lingard and James surely can't do any worse than this joker right now.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Must be his last start for a while surely. Just use him as an impact sub for now and take him out of the firing line. Ole has given him the opportunity to find form but it’s gone on too long now.

He’s got the talent but not the bollocks I’m afraid. Shame really.
Said this to my friends - I refuse to believe that Ole missed how shocking Martial was today. He deserves to be dropped, and should not be included in any starting line up until he shows improvement in his attitude.

K stand Red

On the evidence of this season and being classed as non essential travel but I would gladly pay the fine and pick him and drop him anywhere far from Manchester

luffy7

He cant even bother to run when we had the chance to challenge the title then what will?

His mentality is too weak, bringing other strikers in doesn't help at all.

RUCK4444

Current performances aside, he’s been with us since 2015 meaning he is in his 6th season. Can we say he has improved drastically in that time?

He looks the same player to me since he arrived, which is a bit worrisome.
He’s worse this season than at any point during his time here.

Turns up when he wants, doesn’t put any effort into making runs off the ball and he’s nowhere near good enough for us to carry him when he’s ambling around the pitch like today.

Status
Not open for further replies.