4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

abkmufc92

Wish Mourinho got his way and sold him, he could see what a pathetic excuse of a footballer this guy is.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
He's a shadow of the player he used to be. Just looking forward to the day we get him off the books.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He looked classy in parts but he’s really not good enough.

Time for him to move on.

Ronaldo, Cavani and Greenwood ahead of him at striker.

Sancho, Rashford ahead of him on the left. I’d rather kick the tyres on Elanga and see what we have ahead of him also.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
2 goals in 24 matches apparently.

This from a United number 9 supposedly hitting his prime years.

Time must be up now.

RedDevilQuebecois

If Ole keeps picking him in games that are 'easy' we will drop points and it will cost Ole his job ultimately. There's no reason to show him loyalty, this business is cut throat. He shouldn't play again this season, there's no reason for it, he offers nothing. A half fit Cavani and Rashford would do a better job. We've also got Greenwood, Elanga, and I'd play Sancho as a false 9 before thinking about giving Martial minutes again.
Similar assessment to mine. I don't know for what reason Ole still wants to believe in him, but there has to be a time when the manager must accept that a player is a lost cause and that there is no way back no matter how much faith is put in that player. Adam McKola actually said on a fancam that Ole looked scared to pull Martial out for whatever reason as if being taken off would kill him (Martial). What's the point in persisting with someone who will just not repay his manager? What is more important for the team has total priority over what is more important for one or more specific individuals.

Last edited:

Gungne

I used to be a fan of Martial, but now....

He looks uninspired, he looks like he does'n care, and he is not willing to work.
At the moment Mata looks like an better option as a striker than Matial, and Mata does not have the speed...

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Zero chance anyone is spending £40 million (supposedly the clubs valuation) for this guy.

He just doesn’t look bothered. It’s just bizzare. 99.9% of strikers in his position would be busting a gut to score a few goals and give the manager a selection headache for the weekend. But not Martial. Frustrating!

spiriticon

He is a winger, but without a good cross and not much explosiveness either. No good in the Premier League.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Its not the system, he lacks the mentality and killer instinct you need to succeed at the top level. The absoloute best we've seen him was under Ole right after the lockdown where he was running riot with defeenders game after game

He only seems to thrive when hes undisputed 1st choice and every single time we have signed competition for his spots hes regressed.
Mentality is likely a factor too, but I think Martial does lack vision, and unlike Rashford he’s less of an individualistic attacker and more of one who links up with and plays off others. So giving him clear instructions and a structured system to play in would probably help him look much better, and offset periods of bad form because he would have something to fall back on every time.

Not saying he can’t do well in Ole’s looser system (he did for a while), but it’s probably more difficult for him because of his different qualities. Bit similar to how Sancho is struggling now.

There’s an argument against your final point in that he did win back his place in the starting XI after the signings of Zlatan and Lukaku. Though personally I put it down more to Rashford losing form, but have to credit Martial for at least playing better than Rashford at the time.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Zero chance anyone is spending £40 million (supposedly the clubs valuation) for this guy.
Even if you found a club willing to pay that his monstrous wages would still make it very hard to get rid of him. It's like a bonsai Sanchez situation

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
He needs a January loan if we have the numbers to get by without him. Needs regular football at a club where he is important in order to get his form and confidence back. Only then would we have a chance of getting a strong bid for him

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Even if you found a club willing to pay that his monstrous wages would still make it very hard to get rid of him. It's like a bonsai Sanchez situation
Exactly. The club lives in cloud cookoo land. To entice any club to pay that kind of money for a player on that high a wage, Martial will need to bang in 20+ goals this season. But if he was doing that we wouldn’t want to sell him.

AJ VII

Such a shame that a so talented player can become so poor, mainly due to weak mentality. OGS have given him every chance to make it here, but he doesn't seem to have an ounce of desire or hunger to make a difference on the pitch. He just lets the game pass by, thinking that what he does is good enough.

I dont know if his last injury did something to his pace, because at the moment he would struggle to beat Mata or Matic in a sprint. He just looks so slow and with his poor off the ball movement and lack of workrate there is no place for him in the team.

He is probably 5th in the pecking order as a striker after that game, and at best 3d at LW. So the only games he would start in is the FA cup if we draw a really poor team, or in the last CL groupstage game if we already is qualified and CR7 needs a rest.

Raw

At this point it's just a waste to give him valuable minutes that players like Elanga could have. He doesn't give a shit anymore.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Yet another very Poor performance from our 250k man, He should spend the rest of this year working in the gym mostly using the treadmill, he looks over weighted need to cut down body weight.

Has the Manager made any comment on his poor performance?

poleglass red

He has trained and played with Ibra, seen Cavani in training and now Ronaldo. 3 strikers whose movement in the box is top class. It's like he has learned nothing from them. I get he's not a natural striker, he's not a conventional winger as well. Maybe an inverted winger like perhaps Klopp plays with Mane and Salah. It's a no win as he needs games to obviously get up to speed, but that is dire. Maybe impact sub is the best we can hope. I'd rather stick a kid in there who at least will make runs. We've seen Lingard revitalise himself with a loan move, maybe that is what we can do with him as right now come Jan.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Mason Greenwood makes a forward run controls the ball and fires a shot off after just 40 seconds of coming on. Martial does not seem to possess the attacking intelligence a 19 year old offers, he should be dropped completely, or loaned out.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I think he's done here, isn't he? Surely.

He looks absolutely shot to bits out there. Aside from one or two neat little touches and link-up play, he was nowhere to be seen. His off-the-ball movement is still horrible after all these years. And I can't see where he's going to get any time in the first team now. The cup competition where you would have thought he would get the most game time in is now gone. I just don't see him clawing his way back at this point.

Josh 76

A shadow of the player when he first arrived. Can’t believe it’s the same player. Confidence shot to pieces. A move will benefit club and player.

RooneyLegend

Oh come off it, he wasn't as bad as some of you claim. He had some good moments in the first half that sadly didn't come off. In the second he was clearly tired and Ole should've taken him off a lot sooner. He's clearly working towards full fitness.

yamo123x

Ive gone full circle on Martial, loved him to begin with, supported him against Mourinho, but as time has gone on i have got sick to the death of his laziness, lack of effort and arrogance.
which all changed when we took 9 off him the first time, he never been the same since.

However i now feel sorry for the guy, the fall from grace is massive, maybe he is struggling pyschologically.....he looks totally lost..... he needs a proper arm around the shoulder or he needs a fresh start...

Pickle85

Oh come off it, he wasn't as bad as some of you claim. He had some good moments in the first half that sadly didn't come off. In the second he was clearly tired and Ole should've taken him off a lot sooner. He's clearly working towards full fitness.
Honestly, the only positive thing I can recall was the one two with Sancho. He wasn't 'bad' so much as non-existent.

crossy1686

career ending
Yet another very Poor performance from our 250k man, He should spend the rest of this year working in the gym mostly using the treadmill, he looks over weighted need to cut down body weight.

Has the Manager made any comment on his poor performance?
Solskjaer said after the game that Martial knows what the coaching staff expect of him, which is damming really as Solskjaer rarely calls a player out in public. He's still calling him "Antho" though, when he starts calling him Martial you know he's absolutely done with him

crossy1686

career ending
For a full 18 months? How long does it take a pro athlete to get match fit? His movement is none existent. He ghosts into the box like he's not sure why he's there, but he know's he should be there because it's his job. He looks like he's working his two week notice period.

RooneyLegend

Mason Greenwood makes a forward run controls the ball and fires a shot off after just 40 seconds of coming on. Martial does not seem to possess the attacking intelligence a 19 year old offers, he should be dropped completely, or loaned out.
In the exact same play he made a run for Greenwood and Greenwood didn't pass the ball. When Greenwood made the run he was coming back onside after that run.

Status
Not open for further replies.