4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

joedirt87

Best of luck to him at Sevilla. A good loan spell could be big for him to compete for a spot next year or at least raise his value in the transfer market.

Marwood

How often do players go on loan in their mid 20's and then return successfully to their club?

He's done here guys.

No one player can cost a manager his job but he more than anyone let down Ole last season.

Hopefully he has a spurt of energy and motivation for a few months and bumps that transfer fee up.

SAF is the GOAT

How often do players go on loan in their mid 20's and then return successfully to their club?

He's done here guys.

No one player can cost a manager his job but he more than anyone let down Ole last season.

Hopefully he has a spurt of energy and motivation for a few months and bumps that transfer fee up.
At least we could get rid of his insane wages

Skills

Snitch

He's done here guys.

Ole lost his job this season, not last season. Martial didn't even feature this season, so how does this make sense?

Marwood

Ole lost his job this season, not last season. Martial didn't even feature this season, so how does this make sense?
Because last season played a big part in the decision to sack Ole?

And in anycase like you say, where was Martial this season as well when we were struggling?

When a manager trusts you to be his No.9 and you go missing for over a year, well, I think it's out of order.

Skills

Snitch
Finishing 2nd is why he got to keep his job even after delivering the clubs most humiliating run of form in the last 40 years?

UncleBob

What? :lol:
It certainly didn't. This season went to shits, then we hesitated to sack Ole because we wanted to give him a chance to rectify, then when it became absolutely obvious that things weren't going to be fixed then and only then did we decide to sack him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
think he could go on to do really well in spain. his strength and link up play will come in a lot handier in a slower tempo environment.

Marwood

Finishing 2nd is why he got to keep his job even after delivering the clubs most humiliating run of form in the last 40 years?
What? :lol:
It certainly didn't. This season went to shits, then we hesitated to sack Ole because we wanted to give him a chance to rectify, then when it became absolutely obvious that things weren't going to be fixed then and only then did we decide to sack him.
Disagree. Last season could have been so much better had our No.9 been performing at all. Don't forget, we were top of the league in Jan. We should have won the Europa.

Ended up with nothing and a very distant 2nd playing poor football. If the 2nd half of last season was good, we don't start this year as we have.This season was just a continuation of Jan '21 onwards.

Then so bad was his form we turned to two "old men" in Cavani and Ronaldo. One always injured, the other 37. Martial again giving Ole nothing this season.

When you're number 9 bails on you this is the ripple effect it has.

Like I said, no one player can cost a manager his job. Plenty of others let down Ole as well. But given Ole sold Lukaku and gave Martial the chance many thought he shouldn't, I'm glad he's on his way.

Good luck for the rest of his career but it's a relief to see these players moving on.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Disagree. Last season could have been so much better had our No.9 been performing at all. Don't forget, we were top of the league in Jan. We should have won the Europa.
Martial was injured from March onwards. Seems harsh to blame him for us not winning the Europa. His body language following the injury was shit though no doubt.

Blood Mage

Hopefully he has a good loan and we can get some decent money for him afterwards. Good player who just wasn't a good fit in the PL.

SouthernRedDev

I'm not sure how hard he trains, but his body language makes him look like he can't be bothered and is totally disinterested, so to get him gone is a great step forward.

UncleBob

Ended up with nothing and a very distant 2nd playing poor football. If the 2nd half of last season was good, we don't start this year as we have.This season was just a continuation of Jan '21 onwards.

Then so bad was his form we turned to two "old men" in Cavani and Ronaldo. One always injured, the other 37. Martial again giving Ole nothing this season.

When you're number 9 bails on you this is the ripple effect it has.

Like I said, no one player can cost a manager his job. Plenty of others let down Ole as well. But given Ole sold Lukaku and gave Martial the chance many thought he shouldn't, I'm glad he's on his way.

Good luck for the rest of his career but it's a relief to see these players moving on.
Christ.

Yes, last season could've obviously finished better, but I'm not entirely sure what Martial has got to do with the Europa League final given that he was sidelined with a knee injury from march and onwards, but apparently that doesn't really matter. Perhaps some of the blame should be shifted towards management and the players that actually participated.

Yes, overall he was poor last season, seemed to have lost all confidence in front of goal where he fluffed some massive chances despite having some solid performances, shame considering how good he was at times, especially against City. Doesn't really change the fact that selling Lukaku was a no-brainer, Lukaku himself wanted to leave and there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to do anything to prevent it. People talk about current players stirring shit up in the dressing room and being a downer, Jesus, have people actually forgotten how much of a knobhead Lukaku is :lol:. There was nothing wrong with Martials performances after Ole took over, he was also one of our best players the following season..At the time it hardly seemed wrong to have given him the chance he deserved. Sadly he couldn't follow it up, shit happens, and it's best for everyone that he leaves.

Pretending that he's had some sort of a negative ripple effect is seriously overestimating things. Manchester City won 21, fecking 21, matches in a row before their loss against us, then they proceeded to win 14 out of 19. Between dec 19 and their final league game they played 25 PL matches, lost only 4 and won 21..... We were never, ever, going to produce anywhere near that type of form. It was a pipe dream depending on better teams not performing at their usual level.

Our season finished in a shit way, and for all our English players their summer hardly improved with losing the final. Bit of a mental stumble to get over, still has very little to do with Martial. This season, given the players available, he's barely featured, hardly seems logical to blame him for the situation we find ourselves in at the moment.

Last edited:

Marwood

Martial was injured from March onwards. Seems harsh to blame him for us not winning the Europa. His body language following the injury was shit though no doubt.
Yeah fair point about Europa, although I'm not blaming him alone as such. April he gpt the injury.

But I'm kind of fed up of these players who are always injured. Some are just really unlucky but these days I can't shake this feeling that it's kind of predictable as to who will pick up injuries.

Marwood

Christ.

Yes, last season could've obviously finished better, but I'm not entirely sure what Martial has got to do with the Europa League final given that he was sidelined with a knee injury from march and onwards, but apparently that doesn't really matter. Perhaps some of the blame should be shifted towards management and the players that actually participated.

Yes, overall he was poor last season, seemed to have lost all confidence in front of goal where he fluffed some massive chances despite having some solid performances, shame considering how good he was at times, especially against City. Doesn't really change the fact that selling Lukaku was a no-brainer, Lukaku himself wanted to leave and there was absolutely no reason whatsoever to do anything to prevent it. People talk about current players stirring shit up in the dressing room and being a downer, Jesus, have people actually forgotten how much of a knobhead Lukaku is :lol:. There was nothing wrong with Martials performances after Ole took over, he was also one of our best players the following season..At the time it hardly seemed wrong to have given him the chance he deserved. Sadly he couldn't follow it up, shit happens, and it's best for everyone that he leaves.

Pretending that he's had some sort of a negative ripple effect is seriously overestimating things. Manchester City won 21, fecking 21, matches in a row before their loss against us, then they proceeded to win 14 out of 19. We were never, ever, going to produce anywhere near that type of form. It was a pipe dream depending on better teams not performing at their usual level.

Our season finished in a shit way, and for all our English players their summer hardly improved with losing the final. Bit of a mental stumble to get over, still has very little to do with Martial. This season, given the players available, he's barely featured, hardly seems logical to blame him for the situation we find ourselves in at the moment.
Yeah I shouldn't have included the Europa League. Nothinh sinister, just me momentarily forgetting about the April injury.

But having said that he wouldn't have started anyway I think. At that point almost everyone wanted Cavani in there.

I didn't want Lukaku, you don't have to convince me. My point was that making Martial first choice No.9 wasn't resoundly supported and after a good first season Martial let down Ole big time.

You can cling on to that City game if you like. Some decent bits of hold up play and a big fluffed chance. But he wasn't just poor overall last season, you're downplaying that.
He was a disaster. Took him to mid December to get a leage goal.

Absolutely how we performed Jan 21 onwards affected this season. We've just carried on the shit form. You think a team can be crap from Jan to May then suddenly switch the form back on come the new season. It's possible but much more likely that poor form continues.

When you say he hasn't played this season due to the other players available. Those other players wouldn't both be here if Martial had performed how he should. They're both here because of how bad he was. Management lost all trust in him.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Confused. Worst run of form in 40 years and we came in 2nd? Were we in a relegation dogfight in some parallel universe?

Bondi77

Hope he bangs in the goals and will increase his value when we come to sell him.

always_hoping

I believe his potential was reached or close to it in 2019/20 season, remains to be seen can he rediscover that better/more consistent form at Monaco now.

Best of luck to him.

CloneMC16

Good luck to him. Hopefully he does well. I assume his time with us is over now. If he does well, we should be able to get a decent fee for him in the summer.

SATA

The boos were quite audible when he came on and he wasn't really chuffed like all the other players felt after full time. Guess he knew he no longer felt being a part of here and wanted to move away to another club

Deery

Dreary
The boos were quite audible when he came on and he wasn't really chuffed like all the other players felt after full time. Guess he knew he no longer felt being a part of here and wanted to move away to another club
You make it sound like poor Martial, when he literally refused to play the other week.

SATA

You make it sound like poor Martial, when he literally refused to play the other week.
I have no sympathy for him mate. Earns millions every year but absolutely no desire seen on the pitch 90% of the time he’s here when he puts on the shirt

Marwood

Of course he was a good fit for the PL as he showed for a period.
Showing it only for a period is why he isn't a good fit.

Most players at this level can turn up for a bit. That they can't do it season after season is why they end up elsewhere.

red4ever 79

Most players at this level can turn up for a bit. That they can't do it season after season is why they end up elsewhere.
Pretty much sums up most of our players then. Apart from Bruno and Ronaldo, none are consistent.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

A bad fit is someone who's never looked like he could play at this level which is not the case with Martial at all. There are multiple reasons as to why it never worked consistently for sure. Not even talking about his best but he showed he could be a good PL player unlike hundreds of other players who truly correspond to the bad fit description

Marwood

A bad fit is someone who's never looked like he could play at this level which is not the case with Martial at all. There are multiple reasons as to why it never worked consistently for sure. Not even talking about his best but he showed he could be a good PL player unlike hundreds of other players who truly correspond to the bad fit description
I suppose it comes down to what you call a good or bad fit for the prem.

2 good seasons out of 7. If not bad I don't think anyone can say that's a player well suited to the Prem League.

Litch

Well I thought he’d stay, I think he had gone before he came on the pitch on Saturday…..

Renantics

I suppose it comes down to what you call a good or bad fit for the prem.

2 good seasons out of 7. If not bad I don't think anyone can say that's a player well suited to the Prem League.
His last season under mourinho was decent but under him was bench player only bad season martial was last season and yet he was injuried for while.
This season should not even count he hardly play

Mourinho took the piss out of martial for 2.5 season even bench him for rashford on lw and even when then martial was coming of the bench and scored and then when he starts a game and dosent score or assist straight to the bench again martial for rashford.He brought lukaku give him the no.9 from ibrahimovic shirt and martial and no chance at centre foward

Also he had a good run of form bailed mourinho from getting get sacked then a finished sanchez comes in straight to the bench again

Martial was literally known as free martial and to be honestly people do not want to admit it i think united stalled his career he should have left the 2nd season under mourinho even pogba too.
van de beek should take note unless Erik ten Hag becomes the next manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.