Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It was his fault to begin with, the centreback steps up you step up. Played him onside and if it weren't for the bad first touch he wouldn't have had the time to recover from his mistake.
Who cares, he recovered nicely and we kicked on.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
He gets caught far too inside too often but his physicality saved us.

acnumber9

People would be salivating if Rafael were playing like Valencia has been. People are too set in their opinions to let reality make a difference to them.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Smalling has had to cover for him as he slowly jogs back time and again.
This, Smalling is practically playing right back half the time. I don't even know where Valenica is.

Foul throw-ins again. Wtf are our coaching staff doing? Have a word with him because it is fecking ridiculous.

Eugenius

He was completely all over the place that half. How many times did Smalling get dragged out wide to confront Milner? Look at him ball watching for their goal. He's strong and fast but a defender he ain't against clever opposition.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
People are actually complaining :lol: :lol: :lol:

Give the guy a fecking break please. He's had a very good half.
He hasn't though, the goal was just fault, he dived in to begin with, waltzed back and stood and watched, Smalling has had to pull himself out of position to cover him several times, that last man tackle was to cover for his own mistake, an on form Augero wouldn't have given him the opportunity to amend for his mistake. That's two massive mistakes in 45 minutes.

justboy68

He was generally disastrous for the first half hour or so but did a fantastic job recovering that situation where Aguero was through. Even if it was his own mistake. Grew into it towards the end.

El Zoido

He's been poor. City have had joy down his side and offensively he's offered nothing. That cross to Fellaini at the end of the half was appalling.

ivaldo

I care, an on form Augero would've punished him. He was at fault for the first goal and could've been at fault for a 2nd.

Smores

You don't think the manager cares about such lazy mistakes?

I don't understand how he's been judged to have been beyond consideration for rotation with Rafael at this point

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's not even on my TV screen half the time, what the feck is he doing?

Ekeke

This, Smalling is practically playing right back half the time. I don't even know where Valenica is.

Foul throw-ins again. Wtf are our coaching staff doing? Have a word with him because it is fecking ridiculous.
While Smalling and Jones looked nervous anyway, and Blind had Navas run in behind him - it escalates the situation 5 fold when your CB is pulled out to right back every couple of minutes because Valencia is casually jogging back. It makes our thin backline even thinner

Really, the basics of playing right back are :

Positioning/responisibility (be in your position so your team can count on you)
Take throw ins properly (as a fullback you're going to be taking a lot of them, dont do it incorrectly and give the opposition the ball)
Support your winger

Valencia does 1 of the 3 basics

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Twice he's pointlessly slid in their area and allowed them half the pitch to counter down. He also left his spot completely open for a chance for Milner who was free for ages before a pass finally found him. And he's muscled Aguero off from a certain goal after a horrendous initial position. All brawn no brain - typical Valencia, once again.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It was his fault to begin with, the centreback steps up you step up. Played him onside and if it weren't for the bad first touch he wouldn't have had the time to recover from his mistake.
Yep, Büttner esque, he was 5m behind the "offside trap".

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He's thick as shit. Even that piece of defending when he outmuscled Aguero is because he didn't read the offside trap.

Ekeke

People would be salivating if Rafael were playing like Valencia has been. People are too set in their opinions to let reality make a difference to them.
Rafael played better in his first season as a kid with no positioning ability than Valencia has been playing

kps88

This has been his worst game in a while. Mata needs to track back more and help him out.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The irony of this is hilarious. There are no Rafael bashers

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Take throw ins properly (as a fullback you're going to be taking a lot of them, dont do it incorrectly and give the opposition the ball)
Support your winger

Valencia does 1 of the 3 basics[/QUOTE]

Feck me you are really clutching at straws to beat this man with. Lol if that's the basics of playing right back then I don't know.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You don't think the manager cares about such lazy mistakes?

I don't understand how he's been judged to have been beyond consideration for rotation with Rafael at this point
Probably because the manager prefers Valencia's style over Rafa.

ivaldo

This has been his worst game in a while. Mata needs to track back more and help him out.
But he's never been overrun, his problems haven't come from that. It seems like im being overly harsh on him but he's not a fullback, period.

Ekeke

Support your winger

Feck me you are really clutching at straws to beat this man with. Lol if that's the basics of playing right back then I don't know.
You really dont know.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If Rafael had done that Aguero bit of defending, then people would've heralded him as the new Cafu. It's actually pathetic how some people try to discredit him.

Walters_19_MuFc

Too often he and Smalling are swapping, with Smalling coming out to the right back position and Valencia to centre back. I guess this is because Valencia bombs on a lot, but we need to make sure we follow runners from midfield.

The bit where he caught Aguero and jockeyed him out was class.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Support your winger

Throw ins one of the 3 basics :lol: