View full 2014-15 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ekeke

If Rafael had done that Aguero bit of defending, then people would've heralded him as the new Cafu. It's actually pathetic how some people try to discredit him.
Rafael would be chastised for playing City's most dangerous player onside

Rossa

:wenger: Of all the players to blame you blame Carrick? It was Valencia rushing out of position, jogging back and ball watching that caused all the problems.
Carrick just stood there, and I thought that players covered for each other when one is out of position; why nobody followed the run in the middle is also beyond me. We'll win this anyhow, so who cares :D

m1y2

:wenger: Of all the players to blame you blame Carrick? It was Valencia rushing out of position, jogging back and ball watching that caused all the problems.
It was carrick covering so yeah, his mistake also .-) Valencia on the other hand did great work to chase down Aguero on the break.

Ekeke

The real question is, if Smalling is covering right back in 9 times out of 10 City attacks, is it even Valencia being out of position or is Smalling actually playing right back?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rafael would be chastised for playing City's most dangerous player onside
You in here as well Ekeke looking to beat this guy? Lol he's actually playing well why you choosing these moments? Strange from you as you are usually a good poster!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Great recovery play in terms of the Aguero chance but he did show he still has defensive frailties, which is no shame since he's been converted from a winger. Will be replaced as the first choice RB in the summer but he's shown that he can be a very good back-up RB now. To be fair to him though, the players which you are touted as being interested in such as Coleman and Clyne have those mistakes in their game too, but they are able to recover from them by their pace, like Valencia does with his strength.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Improved drastically in this half in my opinion. Much more on the ball defensively.
Yeah, this. Awful for the first half hour or so, and I've been one of Valencia's biggest fans this season, but he was ghastly, and his mental positioning cost us a goal. Much better towards the end of the first half, and throughout the 2nd.

dsch

Haven't been a big fan of Valencia, but he did very well today after a shaky start.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Pathetic defending for their first goal, but some quality stuff after that.

Ekeke

You in here as well Ekeke looking to beat this guy? Lol he's actually playing well why you choosing these moments? Strange from you as you are usually a good poster!
I'm drawing focus on whats important

Terry and Carragher are always criticized on here for playing players onside then making a dramatic tackle. Valencia does it and its different? Its very small to be changing the rules based on whether a player is on your team or at a rival's.

Having said that, City barely managed an attack in the 2nd half and Valencia did better. He made some good tackles and was good going forward.

But he will cost us again if he doesn't dramatically improve his positioning and the pace he gets back into his position. Its championship standard.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's a fecking machine. Whatever food he has, it should be United main menu.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Slowly but surely people will come around to him.

Rossa

I'm drawing focus on whats important

Terry and Carragher are always criticized on here for playing players onside then making a dramatic tackle. Valencia does it and its different? Its very small to be changing the rules based on whether a player is on your team or at a rival's.

Having said that, City barely managed an attack in the 2nd half and Valencia did better. He made some good tackles and was good going forward.

But he will cost us again if he doesn't dramatically improve his positioning and the pace he gets back into his position. Its championship standard.
Does it matter as long as he has the pace to recover? I don't care much if he stands holding his ehrm pencil at the opposition half as long as he is able to get back and intercept or tackle. The way he outpaced Clichy with Clichy having a head start, starting a counter is something that is so vital. Rafael isn't much slower, so not sure if the pace card is the be all for Valencia, but he is good at using it to his advantage, compared to last season where he was just standing still.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Played well once we had passed the game out of City. Its the second big side that's he's been found hopelessly wanting against. Thought Blind on the other side had a poor game today too.

Ekeke

Does it matter as long as he has the pace to recover? I don't care much if he stands holding his ehrm pencil at the opposition half as long as he is able to get back and intercept or tackle. The way he outpaced Clichy with Clichy having a head start, starting a counter is something that is so vital. Rafael isn't much slower, so not sure if the pace card is the be all for Valencia, but he is good at using it to his advantage, compared to last season where he was just standing still.
He's not recovering. He's casually jogging back at a leisurely pace, so someone (usually the RCB Smalling) is forced to go take up his position at right back for the coming move.

Almost everyone thinks our defence needs a new CB in the summer, so how can anyone be okay with making our current CBs jobs a lot harder with suicidal play like that? Instead of protecting our defence, Valencia exposes it

Again thats not to say he doesnt do anything well. He made good tackles and did well going forward with his energy and his final ball was better than normal. Incidently these are all things 19 year old Rafael did in his first season at the club.

But playing Valencia at right back is like putting a bullet in a revolver's chamber, spinning it, placing it in your mouth and pulling the trigger. We'll get away with it some of the time, at other times its going to be the end of us

Rossa

He is just so strong and fast. If he had a footballing brain he would be a top class player
I recall one FIFA game where you could create players and you had a given amount of points to create that player and place those points in various attributes like technique, awareness, speed, strength etc. It seems the real world is like that too. Imagine Mata's technique and passing in Valencia's body...

Stadjer

I recall one FIFA game where you could create players and you had a given amount of points to create that player and place those points in various attributes like technique, awareness, speed, strength etc. It seems the real world is like that too. Imagine Mata's technique and passing in Valencia's body...
Would be number 1 Ballon d'or candidate.

Rossa

He's not recovering. He's casually jogging back at a leisurely pace, so someone (usually the RCB Smalling) is forced to go take up his position at right back for the coming move.

Almost everyone thinks our defence needs a new CB in the summer, so how can anyone be okay with making our current CBs jobs a lot harder with suicidal play like that? Instead of protecting our defence, Valencia exposes it

Again thats not to say he doesnt do anything well. He made good tackles and did well going forward with his energy and his final ball was better than normal. Incidently these are all things 19 year old Rafael did in his first season at the club.

But playing Valencia at right back is like putting a bullet in a revolver's chamber, spinning it, placing it in your mouth and pulling the trigger. We'll get away with it some of the time, at other times its going to be the end of us
Do you think there's a player out there busting his lungs and making more sprints than Valencia? He stopped three or four very dangerous City attacks today due to his speed. If you want him to contribute in attack, he will leave gaps in defense, and I have no problem with Smalling covering his flank if Carrick drops into Smalling's spot, which he should and does most of the time.

I think you are far too harsh on him. He was one of our better players today, and has been this season.