Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He played last United game under LVG like a new player (or old in his case), great to see him continuing with it!

Sigma

Entirely serious mate. Still seems to be smashing it into the shins of the first defender 9 times out of 10.
Just a few minutes before your post he skinned Targett and put it on a plate for Ibra

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Just a few minutes before your post he skinned Targett and put it on a plate for Ibra
The offside one? That's the exception that proves the rule ;) Still think people are getting ahead of themselves a bit.

Sigma

The offside one? That's the exception that proves the rule ;) Still think people are getting ahead of themselves a bit.
Rooney was offside, as the poster you failed to quote said

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Rooney was offside, as the poster you failed to quote said
I was just acknowledging I knew the one you were on about. As I said, still think people are getting ahead of themselves.

He's doing alright but we've not really been tested. He was good under van Gaal in games where his defensive duties were secondary, and absolute dross when he was needed at the back. I'll reserve my judgment on him as full-back until he's handled one of the better attacks in the league.

Sigma

I was just acknowledging I knew the one you were on about. As I said, still think people are getting ahead of themselves.

He's doing alright but we've not really been tested. He was good under van Gaal in games where his defensive duties were secondary, and absolute dross when he was needed at the back. I'll reserve my judgment on him as full-back until he's handled one of the better attacks in the league.
I misread your post, sorry.

We'll see over the season who's right

decorativeed

Looks like LVG actually put lead in his boots. He is so much more like the player he was 5 years ago, it's uncanny. Thought he was absolutely done at this level, but there seems to be some life left in him yet.

Ainu

He's full of confidence again for the first time in what must be years. The final ball is still a bit lacking but he's taking players on and beating them. It's as if hees finally remember he was actually a very good player once upon a time.

Brightonian

The sheer volume of work he does is remarkable. Somehow he manages to simultaneously make up for Rooney's total lack of inspiration by providing an ever-present outlet way up near Southampton's corner, race Davis and Targett up and down the wing, and cover Bailly's occasional error by throwing himself into blocks and tackles in the box. And he was doing all three things right up till the final whistle!

I've never been convinced by him as a serious option at RB, but tonight he earned the spot on effort alone. More actual attacking play than for a long time too.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Always said he had the raw attributes to be one of the best full backs in the world.

He'll never reach that level now but he's making great progress so far under Jose.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What a turnaround! Wasn't sure if he still had it in him, glad to have him back.

Fantastic work by Jose.

Red Stone

Jesus, he was good. Didn't spot a mistake from him all game and at several points he produced moments of brilliance that reminded me of the Valencia of old, skipping past players and just dominating the left side of Southampton. Lacked some accuracy in his crossing, but that will come. If he does that every week he's the best right back in the league.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He's been great so far this season. Amongst our best players in every match. The work he gets through is phenomenal. Looks to have his confidence back and long may it continue.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Best RB in the league when in this form and I'm serious. Looks faster, more confidence, fitter and has improved his technique on offence in terms of crossing and taking his man on and beating him. Defensively he was always pretty solid.

there's no other RB I'd want (in prem) when he's playing like this tbh

In Rainbows

He looks much better going forward this season. Had that one mistake (played oppo onside and didn't track player well enough), but was great apart from that.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There aren't a lot of players on whom caf has had a complete reversal of opinion. Very few actually. Valencia is one of them.
From a player everyone wanted sold to indispensable to our side

HabeasC

What the hell has happened to him? He's like a completely different player to last year... Looks like his 2012 incarnation.

Minkaro

Him and Shaw could be a great fullback partnership this season. Very effective going forwards.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He might be a medical phenomenon. The kind of injury he suffered a few years ago has documented results of acceleration being lost and it was visible but it looks like he's got it back at the age of 32.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
There aren't a lot of players on whom caf has had a complete reversal of opinion. Very few actually. Valencia is one of them.
From a player everyone wanted sold to indispensable to our side
Not everyone but i see what you're saying. Similar also happened with Smalling.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I can't believe he's 31. I know he's been around with us for a good 7 years now or so, but he just doesn't seem to age. Physically a beast.

Handled the right hand side on his own for majority of game due to Mata drifting in. Defensively a monster.

Huge fan, as I've been for the past 7 years.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Best RB in the league when in this form and I'm serious. Looks faster, more confidence, fitter and has improved his technique on offence in terms of crossing and taking his man on and beating him. Defensively he was always pretty solid.

there's no other RB I'd want (in prem) when he's playing like this tbh
Everyone is too afraid to write what you just did or too stuborn in their opinion of Valencia from 2-3 years back, but I fully agree, he's turning into a top quality at RB and offers us another dimension going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.