Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

If he was more confident using his left foot, think we would be in more dangerous areas quicker. He would rather do an outside of the foot right than use his left, even though hes put in some brilliant crosses and scored a peach with his left. Bizarre.

Andersons Dietician

He played one pass today with the outside of his foot between two defenders to Lingard I think and it was so unlike Valencia. It was a clever pass Something Valencia Just doesn’t normally do. Hopefully there is more to come like that. Overall thought he was decent today.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I find it a bit mad that people aren't happy with Valencia at RB.

He's probably the last position (after Goalkeeper) that I worry about.

Foxbatt

He has played better now. By using his left foot now opponents are not sure of what he is going to do. They no longer show him the inside as they now know he can hit with his left foot too.

Devil may care

It feels like he's got an invisible wall in front of him most of the time, even he looked frustrated by the end.

Acole9

Outstanding
Some might disagree but I thought he was lucky not to be sent off for that high boot, it looked real nasty. Defensively he was ok today I guess but going forward apparently him and Young only put three crosses in between them.

We shouldn't press any alarm bells on him playing at right back, on the whole he does a good job there, although he can look a bit suspect against some of the bigger sides.

I think he'll be fine for us there for one more season possibly. When Fosu Mensah is back from his loan I do fancy him to put him under some pressure for that right back spot, his performances there for Palace have been very good.

Sevilla 0:0 Man Utd

IrishRedDevil

He needs replaced in the summer - this game has made it very obvious. Constantly backing off letting his attacker come into the penalty box, misplaced passes and just a general lack of awareness. He has played them onside twice.

arthurka

He needs replaced in the summer - this game has made it very obvious. Constantly backing off letting his attacker come into the penalty box, misplaced passes and just a general lack of awareness. He has played them onside twice.
Really been well of the pace tonight..

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
A complete liability in that half. We need to sign a right back and urgently. Whenever he has a player running at him he’s made to look what he is, an average winger.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is so terrible defensively tonight, all over the place.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's been declining badly this season.

Should be replaced in the summer imo.

binary bot
That piece of play where he skipped past his man, completely opened up the right side, ignored Sanchez and mishit a cross was fecking infuriatating.

twitter thread suggester
That piece of play where he skipped past his man, completely opened up the right side, ignored Sanchez and mishit a cross was fecking infuriatating.
But quite typical Valencia.

Devil may care

His defensive positioning was awful tonight, reminded me of when he first satarted in the role, only back then he still offered some attacking threat.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Awful tonight. I hope Mourinho is looking to replace this summer, it's an area that needs a upgrade, along with the left-back.

Canagel

He's getting old methinks. Built like a tank but he's slowing down now. RB Needs upgrading in the summer.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Stick Jones at right back til the summer; his qualities can be showcased while his occasional chaotic decision can be covered by the centre back in behind him.

Valencia is looking limited and should become a squad player, nothing more.

extincti fugax hominum

Why people appear to be surprised about his defending as if it has suddenly become shit? It was always like that. He's not a great defender just because he's built like an ox or he has pace. I like Tony and his passion on the pitch, i think he always gives his best and he's been a great servant to the club but to be honest he has been average at best as a fullback because he has no positional sense as a RB and it's not a great surprise considering he was a RW until his late 20s (same applies for Young too).

Todays performance reminded me his performance in Everton away 3 years ago (in LVG's first season) where we were beaten 3-0 when he consistently played his opponents onside and we conceded in the end in a counter attack. It would be a bit compensative if his attacking play was good but it has always been non-existent too barring the odd drilled crosses to his opponent's shins. We definetely need to replace him (and Young) in the summer. A player like Djibril Sidibe would be a good option imo as he can both play at RB & LB.

Ashley R1+O

No positional awareness defensively at all
Agreed. Worrying trend as what little defensive ability to sync with his defense has completely gone and what is going under the radar is that he carries the armband. I am not sure what for?.. He should be able to drill the backline to function as a leader but he seems to almost always most weeks be way out of position and left standing still miles away from his man as he takes a shot at goal.

Worrying, but I think a problem that we'll go after in the summer.

kundalini

Hard to recall many worse performances from him. Defensively absolutely awful. Amazing that we managed to keep a clean sheet when one of our defenders plays that badly.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
When was his last very good game for us ?

He is poorer and poorer. He is not doing anything right at the moment,

Really need a replacement for him this summer

The same goes for Ashley Young.

settembrini

He has been offering less and less going forwards for a while but last night was the first time I thought he looked past it defensively. He just couldn't seem to handle Correa's pace at all. He will have a big test on sunday now as well because Conte will have surely watched that and will instruct Hazard to isolate and attack him.

Oscie

Get forward, stop. Pause, pass backwards.

Every time. Every fecking time. Thought he panicked often defensively too and sat back way too far to the point where often he needn't really to be there. Another example of where 'he'll do'ism when it comes to full-backs isn't a long-term solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.