Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

His goal being left footed was so shocking, the rest of his team-mates stopped playing first half until we scored that second.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Great goal with his lefty, and every time he crosses with said lefty it's pinpoint! We need a clause in his contract that states every time he uses his left foot he gets more tape for his hand.

Ashley R1+O

Banger of a goal. Looked very solid at both ends, hopefully that injury trouble is over as he can be more of a threat and with Shaw can provide a proper balance that we have missed in the last season and a bit.

Acole9

Outstanding
A goal with his left foot :eek:. Great to have him back last night.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tony doesn't score shite goals does he? He's going to have some highlight reel :lol:

Pace Abuser

After the celebration he went back to his position and turned to the Stretford End and further lapped up some adulation and returned some praise back to the fans. A real "proud of being a United player" moment from him. Lovely to see.

Sigma

Looked a penalty to me, but he is the only defender playing close to well today.
He got the ball but it was risky. Can see why the ref didn't give it. Yeah, he's been our best defender so far.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Looked a penalty to me, but he is the only defender playing close to well today.
I’d want a penalty if it was the other box. He got the ball but he took a lot of the player.

Rossa

I’d want a penalty if it was the other box. He got the ball but he took a lot of the player.
He got the ball but it was risky. Can see why the ref didn't give it. Yeah, he's been our best defender so far.
Have to agree with @Pexbo here. That's a pen, but then again, I can understand that it wasn't given. It would be difficult to see for the ref.

Sigma

When we have these sorts of games, more often than not he's one of our best players. Put in a lot of tackles and carried the ball well - real fighter.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
When we have these sorts of games, more often than not he's one of our best players. Put in a lot of tackles and carried the ball well - real fighter.
Yep.

Plus it helps that he's not an idiot and realises that if someone is sprinting towards you, you can either just a) good them off or b) knock the ball past them and run off.

Honestly he's probably our best player when it comes to dealing with pressing

Roberto420

Typical Tony V performance, he always gives his all and was the only player to not bottle out of a tackle.

I remember alot of fans on the cafe use to give Tony a lot of abuse,why ? I never could understand as he always gives his all and has done for nearly a decade.

He'll go down as a legend in my books, he has been my favourite player for some time I just wish all our team had his and Sanchez's workrate or is that too much to ask for these 100k+ a week players ?

Last edited:

Andersons Dietician

Hmmm I thought he was pretty poor tonight. Letting people run off him and ball watching and in general Just playing like most of the team. Did do some good things like that offside on Kane, he got there by the skin of his teeth but still managed it.

J_Red 11

Played very well, he doesn't get involved too much today because Spurs are too scared to attack our right side and our centre back & holding midfielder can't pass the ball forward properly.

Ashley R1+O

So much ball watching, even that run from Delle Alli lead to the borderline penno incident! Might be harsh for the first goal but come on man, you gotta close up on your center half a little bit more than that when there is danger in the box if you want people to call you a defender. Wingers ball watch!

Acole9

Outstanding
Is it just me or did he look a bit overweight?
It's funny you should say that, although I wouldn't say he's overweight he did look a little tubby standing in the tunnel.

After seeing a few replays, he did get lucky not to give away a penalty. I can see why the referee didn't give it because even Graham Poll who was working for BT and had privilege of seeing it again first of all said it wasn't a penalty and then during the break changed his mind.

I thought he was probably the best out of the back four (Not saying much really) Son had the beating of him though.

borrays

His pace is bit off, you can see where he makes 2 dangerous late tackles (1 which could ended up with a penalty) against spurs and more often than not he just stayed iddle on his position didnt make overlapped run like he used to last season. I think age finally caught him little bit and we should start looking for his replacement this summer.

Man Utd 2:0 Huddersfield

Dion

Please show a bit of ambition going forward Tony ffs. It was like playing with 4 centerbacks today.

prateik

Loved the bit where Sanchez played the ball to him and he was in a crossing position... but Sanchez charged towards him demanding the ball...

Poor Valencia got confused and ended up just standing there till he was closed down.

Played a couple of good balls in. Lukaku shouldve scored one.

Devil may care

I wish we could play him in on the overlapp more instead of giving him the ball deeper where he has gotten into the habit of running so far before turning back and stopping.

Sigma

He was average in the first half. Much better in the second half. Ran at and past defenders, got in good positions and produced some good crosses. Linked well with others. As always was defensively solid.

Dion

I wish we could play him in on the overlapp more instead of giving him the ball deeper where he has gotten into the habit of running so far before turning back and stopping.
This, he needs to start running in behind. His cut backs will be far more threatening if the opposition is defending their 6 yard box instead of their penalty box. Just have to look at how threatening Walker was today for City (before he gassed).

ash_86

He was very very good today. Covered the entire right side by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.