g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Antonio Valencia image 25

Antonio Valencia Ecuador flag

2017-18 Performances

View full 2017-18 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersons Dietician

I would think Jose is still sort of nursing Shaw back in so I would suspect Shaw will play against Bristol then back on the bench. Would be cool to see our two most effective fullbacks playing together tho.

el3mel

We'll miss him for a month or 2. How sad.

One player returns, another gets injured.

Devil may care

Solid performance but that hamstring injury is a big worry given our lack of options of the required quality.

El Jefe

Lost defensive stability since he came off.
We lost our ability to keep the ball also. Valencia's control and passing from the back is the best in our defence. He's able to keep possession in tight spaces with Herrera and Mata. Once he went off those two became useless.

deafepl

Shaw needs to take a chance right now! There's no better LB than Shaw at the moment but Young will play on right back.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Not very optimistic. It looked similar to Pogba's. Best I'll hope for is 2 weeks.
Was there an actual challenge where it happened? It seemed like it happened at slow pace out of nowhere, unless I missed something before it. Pogba's happened when he stretched for a challenge which caused a tear. I'm hoping it is tightness more than anything. I didn't see anything that could cause a tear.

LLMU

I am fine means he is out for a few week ? or he will be back for the Christmas games ... christ, all this cryptic message

Ashley R1+O

Hope the injury isn't to serious, I thought he was excellent defensively again this morning really tidied up the flank.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Hope the injury isn't to serious, I thought he was excellent defensively again this morning really tidied up the flank.
It really is amazing how his defensive game is now streets ahead of his attacking game. Would never have thought that when LVG started this RB experiment a few years back. Honestly can't remember a defensive mistake or an attacker beating him all season.

Sigma

Done a bit of stat analysis:

In the 20 games he's played in, we've scored 42 and conceded 13 goals. W 15, D 2, L 3.

In the 9 games he hasn't played in, we've scored 18 and conceded 8 goals. W 5, D 1, L 2.

(Bear in mind these games are mostly in the Carabao Cup and Champions League against less well organised defences).

The goals scored and conceded stat takes into consideration when he was substituted in the WBA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.