Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kag

He was quite poor again today, I thought. A few moments on the counter that he did his best to completely spoil through poor passes or lack of composure. For an ex-winger he looked like he'd never been in an attacking position.

Ashley R1+O

He fits nicely into games like this that stay compact and he doesn't *have* to provide an outlet (we were bypassing a lot of the buildup), he can sit back and stay in his box and play one vs one a lot more.

drdoityourself

He can't move it forward with any plan or intent. Just hits and hopes like when he gave the ball away for their first goal. We'll struggle to build up attacks with those fullbacks who just aren't good enough.

PoTMS

Piss poor but then again everyone bar Bailly and Lukaku were. He's a solid 7/10 player but we should do what City did and buy two quality full backs as they are so important in stretching the game in the modern game.

Bwuk

He’s finished, but we don’t have any other right backs better than him at the club. A sad state of affairs.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Absolutely pointless months for now. He has lost his energy now too, and he isn't even trying to be our attacking outlet down that right wing anymore. Something is really wrong in this club if we don't bring new fullback next year.

El Zoido

He’s been pretty poor for ages, he offers nothing. Defensively he’s average, going forward he’s a disaster and actually hinders the team. We can do so much better.

Devil may care

He's as honest as they come but he struggled tonight, still has enough to offer the squad but we really need to upgrade both fullback starting spots.

Sigma

Think he's had a poor past month or so by his standards. I hope if we sign a right back in the summer that will reinvigorate him a little as he is my favourite Manchester United player. Also a summer with no World Cup will do him good - maybe he still struggling with a knee injury?

Ludens the Red

He's been trash lately, in fact not been overly impressed by him this season. Think we should start looking at a long term solution at right back.

Canagel

He's starting to decline so it's time to draw a list of replacements before things get even worse. Next season he'll be even more off the pace. He must be phased out. Nowhere near good enough. The tactics we use maybe don't help because we are a team who defend in our own half and his positioning is quite poor at times but he must do better.

Acole9

Outstanding
I like him but he does look like he's on the wane, can't rely on him in the big games.

Jaybomb

Fabinho or Bellerin to replace him IMO.

Both strike me as United players and in Bellerin’s case, he will be Spain’s first choice RB before long and one of the best in the world potentially.

Fabinho can cover for Matic and if we decide to play him in midfield, we can put TFM at RB.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Posted this elsewhere but it is more relevant here. I actually think we have a good squad, but I always come back to the same positions when we have a setback. It’s the full backs and they are so crucial in unlocking the potential of the rest of the squad.

I’ve never been content with the Valencia the same way others have. He’s so incredibly timid and unambitious in not wanting to his beat his man when the time is right. Young has become a quality full back, but playing on the left is problematic when all our left-sided forwards want to also cut in onto their right. I was disappointed Shaw did not get the nod last night to provide width and get us onto the front foot.

Our width needs to come from these positions as our forwards want to play narrow. Valencia simply does not offer what we need and I’d be inclined to move him on or relegate him to squad role in favour of a full back with a more ambitious mindset. Selling Shaw would be a mistake, he’s still youthful and has bags of potential there. Young can play either side and should be a very good squad player for another few years.

I’d actually be interested to see Young on the right and Shaw on the left this season, especially at home, but I don’t see it happening. We can’t begoing into next season with Young at LB and Valencia at RB though. Full backs are crucial inunlocking the attacking potential of our squad.

Final thought, surely Valencia only having 26 pages here says something about him. What is there to say? Going forward he’s very average, but neither shits the bed defensively. Maybe we and, in particularly, I will appreciate him more if someone else comes in and is a liability always bombing forward.

Ashley R1+O

Kinda weird seeing posts saying this is some rare trough performance wise. Personally this performance was no different to the 5/10 he's served up for the last three years. Not seen anything different at all, so that has me miffed completely. As I have said, he's an "ummmm that guy there Tony, can you play fullback? okay we've literally got nobody else, get out there Tony and do your best" level fullback.

He's the captain and he has to take a lot of responsibility for this defeat, I have no idea why he has the armband, has come to be our first choice fullback and is still at the club really. Next season we have to get him organically pushed back down the rankings and give him an easy wind-down through his career out of the club. An absolute must-fix position for Jose in the summer.

haram

His past injury, age, playstyle, amount of games he plays is surely catching up to him.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Fabinho or Bellerin to replace him IMO.

Both strike me as United players and in Bellerin’s case, he will be Spain’s first choice RB before long and one of the best in the world potentially.

Fabinho can cover for Matic and if we decide to play him in midfield, we can put TFM at RB.
You not sold on Fosu Mensah as a successor at RB first choice?

2 years ago I'd have jumped at Bellerin. Now, not so much. There's still time for him, but he hasn't kicked on at all. Seems to talk far too much than is warranted too.

JoaquinJoaquin

If we didn't need other positions more, I'd say RB is a position we must upgrade in. Valencia's legs have gone and he has gone backwards. With Fosu Mensah coming back I hope to see them alternating if we do not sign a RB.

Bobski

His past injury, age, playstyle, amount of games he plays is surely catching up to him.
His engine does not appear to be what it was in the past when he was a machine going up and down the wing. Some of that may be tactical, the innate cautiousness of Mourinho restricting the full backs freedom, but we need to be identifying a replacement, or at least serious competition for him. Full back is one of the most physically demanding roles on the pitch, you see Spurs rotating Trippier and Aurier to keep them fresh.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Terrible and a coward when attacking. Hiding behind an academy player because he doesn't trust his own crossing skills was a low point.

el3mel

He's finished at this level of football. He doesn't even sprint anymore. He's only going to become worse from now on.

Entering next season with him as you main RB will be a disaster.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Well, years ago everybody criticized him for doing the same thing over and over again, so he decided to do the exact opposite thing over and over again.

Can't argue with the logic, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.