Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

drdoityourself

It's obvious when he's playing that there isn't any bigger picture, some thought put into how to attack when he's on the ball. The throw ins for me offer an inside to how he plays his whole game nowadays.

For instance, the throw in to Lukaku who is up top by himself. He throws it for a header, even if Lukaku wins the header he has no one to head it to and it's immediate surrender of possession.

The amount of time he takes for every throw in. It's the same when he's on the ball, he seems unable to read the movements in front of him at any pace, so he takes extra seconds on the ball leading to a missed opportunity to move the ball forward. Resulting in a back pass or a 50/50 ball into the channel.

His crossing has been well documented but I think the short passing, and recognizing opportunities to move the ball forward that's a major factor in the teams' inability to move the ball from defense.

el3mel

That wasn't a good performance. Even defensively wise he was caught several times on his flank during the first half. His worst game this season IMO.

haram

Think there are problems with him positionally, against the press and under pressure. At home when teams sit deep and we are higher up the pitch, his defensive work is mostly recovery runs and less about positioning. He doesn't have to build from deep or face pressure.

Shark

@NotShark
This guy needs replacing soon, he’s 32 now. A great servant to the club definitely, but every player comes to the end at some stage and we might be seeing the beginning of it with Valencia.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
For the first time in a while, he looked out of position at RB. Never seen him get embarrassed like that since that last 16 FA Cup game against Arsenal. Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
If he is still first choice right back come next season then Woodie and Mourinho need punting into a black hole.

Nick7

He's one of the worst defenders in the league when it comes to staying in line with his defence.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Goals on him. Rubbish cross then plays everyone onside.
Yep. Don't even care about the defending when he puts shit cross like that from so much space to cross and options to chose, and yet he crosses it to a place where there was no one from our players. Happened couple of times in this game already, and now it's costed us. He is shit.

arnie_ni

Valencia cost us that goal with a shocking cross from a good position by an ex winger

How many years has been a full back now? He is always the last one to get in line with the defence. All the others thought Willian was miles offside there.

kr0nix

Not saying something unheard of but his crossing is truly abysmal. He is literally aiming at nobody
Seems to be a recurring theme with our fullbacks to be honest, no matter who we put in there.

Varun

Staff
I've said this for a while, people seem to have become so accustomed to mediocrity on our flanks that they seem to have forgotten what 2 quality FBs can bring to a team. We MUST upgrade both our FBs if Young is first choice ahead of Shaw.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lol at this thread. Valencia is class. What the feck did people want him to do when Morata is wide open at the far post for a tap in and Willian is in loads of space there?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The bump of this thread is typical of the negativity around here. I was thinking here how good it is to have Valencia, Mr. Reliable as our right back. Always calm in possession, too strong for a human footballer and overall almost never gives us a bad performance.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The bump of this thread is typical of the negativity around here. I was thinking here how good it is to have Valencia, Mr. Reliable as our right back. Always calm in possession, too strong for a human footballer and overall almost never gives us a bad performance.
I cannot believe you lot are happy with his performances. He isn't offering anything in attack for months now, and he is having defensive problems lately too. He can't even get past his player and put terrible cross anymore, let alone something more creative.

dove

Can't believe he was a winger just a few years ago. He has good physical abilities but sucks at anything to do with a ball. He couldn't make a good pass/cross to save his life. Would be a really solid backup but we must upgrade both fullbacks in the summer.

Hitchez

We really need an upgrade on him next season. His attacking play has been crap for a while but he's not been as solid defensively either. But it's mainly his attacking play that's so frustrating to watch.

Silas

There was a point in the 2nd half where he got the ball in a pretty good position to drive forward and cross, but instead he waited until Kante began to close him down and then turned around and ran towards our own half. Infuriating.

Usually reliable defensively, but I don't think we should be going into next season with him as first choice.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's incredible how much work we ask him to do, every single week, at his age. He's a physical freak.

He's basically the entirety of our wide right attacking threat, as well as our full back.

I'm terrified of how we're supposed to replace him. He must be utterly exhausted.

Jonno

He's not *quite* the player he was for us, I can spot some signs of decline. He's still our best right back by a country mile, works incredibly hard and literally owns the entire right side of the pitch for United. It's an obvious area that will need heavy investment in the next year.

Sylar

Remember when someone here said Valencia is one of the best crosser in the league? I think he also provided some stats
There was one guy who told me that hes now excused because hes now a RB (and him being a former winger has no baring on it). It was so funny that he reported me for disagreeing with him :lol:

Anyway, we defo need to improve on our LB and RB. Hes scored some great goals this season, does work hard, is a beast, but will be 33 beginning of the next season. Think we need a right full back who can bomb and isnt afraid to use his left when needed.

Ashley R1+O

Wooooooooooof - not a great performance. But I thought he showed a lot more leadership and was solid in the second half.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
His first two seasons he was fecking class at crossing.
Berbatov to Valencia to Rooney was one of our main route to goal. Back then he was allowed a lot of space and time to cross as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.