g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
 Antony image 21

Antony Brazil flag

2022-23 Performances

View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Getting settled game by game. For someone so young, and with the price tag over his head, i feel like he's doing a very good job of not trying to force things. He makes good decisions of when to pass and when to shoot. His dribbling and his workrate ar a joy to watch.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's too one footed/predictable at times, but he is very good at retaining the ball while still looking a threat. Multiple times a game he'll come out of a situation with us still on the front foot and in possession, where you know Sancho/Rashford wouldn't have.

Also his defensive work and work rate in general are exceptional. Well maybe more the level we should expect but again noticeably better than our other wide players, who o be fair I've never really considered lazy.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Almost scored twice. One hit the post and beaten the keeper. I don't care if he only has one shot technique, that left foot is wicked.
Hope he can be our Robben. Everytime he cuts inside the opponents shit themselves.

Skills

Snitch
I liked it when him and Sancho switched for a bit. Posed a new set of problems for Spurs - always good to have that in your locker

dutchred

Good but my only criticism is there seems to be a real lack of attacking chemistry between him and Dalot so far. So many times Dalot's overlaps get ignored, the examples of good link up between them is few and far between, we need to see them combine to work some dangerous crossing opportunities.
That will come. He built a great relationship with Mazaroui at Ajax, but that also took time

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Fantastic, but I’d like to see Antony beat the defender toward the byline more often.
I'm pretty sure it's instructions. He started at Ajax by trying to beat defenders, but started it doing less often after that. I'm sure Ten Hag prefer possession a bit more

Abraxas

To be fair we're all desperate for him to go on the outside, and there's some truth to it as even ETH mentioned variation.

But actually our main threat with Rashford in the side is the inside ball. Finding the clever pass between the full back and centre back. If you're hoping for Rashford to be an aerial threat you'll be waiting a long time. If we're going to be more threatening from crosses we need more people breaking lines into the box so the low cross is also available. At the moment it doesn't feel like there's always huge merit in legging it down the outside.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'm pretty sure it's instructions. He started at Ajax by trying to beat defenders, but started it doing less often after that. I'm sure Ten Hag prefer possession a bit more
Yeah, I think people really underestimate how inefficient trying to beat a man to the byline for a cross often is. Unless you can fully go around him to drive in to the box, possession based sides would rather have wingers favor the inside and then play those passes to oncoming runners that get cleaner/closer to goal looks from the byline (this is basically City's patented move at this point).

Strootman's Finger

He's too one footed/predictable at times, but he is very good at retaining the ball while still looking a threat. Multiple times a game he'll come out of a situation with us still on the front foot and in possession, where you know Sancho/Rashford wouldn't have.

Also his defensive work and work rate in general are exceptional. Well maybe more the level we should expect but again noticeably better than our other wide players, who o be fair I've never really considered lazy.
I feel like no one ever says this about right footed players.

Trex

Yeah I find it annoying being a leftie myself. How often does Sancho uses his right, what about Martial and Rashford.
Its almost like people have a subconscious negative bias towards lefties and its not just football.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Getting settled game by game. For someone so young, and with the price tag over his head, i feel like he's doing a very good job of not trying to force things. He makes good decisions of when to pass and when to shoot. His dribbling and his workrate ar a joy to watch.
He's a really confident lad. You can see nothing phases him. If he fulfils his potential, which I think there’s a good chance he will, he could easily become one of the best players in the league.

MUnchies

What I like about him is he always threatens the keeper in every game. Even if he has a stinker he is still scoring or testing the keeper, something we have been missing on our right side for ages.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Yeah I find it annoying being a leftie myself. How often does Sancho uses his right, what about Martial and Rashford.
Its almost like people have a subconscious negative bias towards lefties and its not just football.
I stand with you.

It's very true.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Everyone constamtly said it about Antonio Valencia on here, for years?

Its just a bit frustrating as he can beat players with ease but then he won't even use his right foot to play a pass or set himself. Don't exactly expect him to be reigning shots or pinpoint crosses in with it, but I'd rather he play a simple cut back with it than resort to trying to curl the ball round three defenders with the outside of his left.

And I would also point out I've been fairly impressed with him on the whole. Especially given his age.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Again though this is bollocks isn't it? Valencia is the only United player I can remember who was as one footed and he got 10x the stick for it. He could put in a great performanceand still get slated on here for it, and he wasn't a "leftie"

Sancho can use both feet and Rashford is capable of running the line on the left and using his left foot (even if he seems to be equally hapless with both feet at times).

I think part of it could be more a decision making issue anyway where he's obviously not the finished article yet, but it's a bit silly to say it's not an area he could improve when he literally crab walks up the pitch and on multiple occasions has chosen an impossible left foot pass over a relatively easy right foot one, or has beaten his man then cut back behind them again rather than driving into the box.

ManRed

He is a first half player, at Spurs and now at Bridge he just disappeared in the second half

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think he’s our most press resistant player by a landslide. They had to nerf him by giving him only one working leg

Superunknown

Can see why Eth wanted him though. Think under eth for us he will only get better especially with output
I hope so. He's the best of the front three, but...I'm finding the lack of right foot really hard to overlook. Maybe I'm just pissed that he fluffed that chance in the first half, because we win the game if he scores that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I hope so. He's the best of the front three, but...I'm finding the lack of right foot really hard to overlook. Maybe I'm just pissed that he fluffed that chance in the first half, because we win the game if he scores that.
That's just it. People seldomly focus on right footed players weak foot even though they barely uses them and when they do it's generally not good.

Sylar

Oh I get you especially when you pay that much.
I defo think we win if we score first especially when on top like first half

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he played well, him and Bruno played well while the other 4 attackers were all sloppy as hell.

matys

Antony Valencia

But I really like him, I thought he was one of our best players today

Bobski

Think he’s our most press resistant player by a landslide. They had to nerf him by giving him only one working leg
Incredibly difficult to pin down, as he can change direction so easily. His dribbling away from goal is insane, just needs to show that going forward.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Antonio Valencia had it said about him all the time.

I don't see it as a big problem really. Arjen Robben made it big cutting in and scoring with his left without doing much else.
And it's not common. People say continuously about left footed players while the vast majority of right footed players don't have the same comments.

The United

He is obviously not at the level of some of our best wingers. At least not yet. But he is a baller and not shy to stuck in and his work rate is top.

If we had someone like him on the wing, we would be flying on both flanks.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
That's just it. People seldomly focus on right footed players weak foot even though they barely uses them and when they do it's generally not good.
That's not entirely true. Since left footed players are more rare, they are used, since a very young age, at positions where they're asked to use it more often. Right footed players will be far more often moved from left to right and develop (on average) more skills with their weak foot.

Even in youth teams, it's not uncommon to see a right footed left fullback. You'll never see a left footed player play on the right.

Frank White

Best forward by far but probably should have a goal to his name or at the very least made Kepa make a save. Not mad at him though, twice the player Sancho is atm.

BorisManUtd

Very good and proactive, shame about that chance towards the end of 1st half but hopefully he'll get better with his weaker foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.