Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Going to be an absolute star if he continues to develop

Gazza

I love his attitude. The way he keeps the ball under pressure is fantastic and unfortunately in sharp contrast with others in our forward line.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I thought that this would be another game we see zero right foot action, but then he quickly proved me wrong!

He's getting better game by game, growing with confidence and taking more risks. Absolutely love the little tricks he does, incredible ball control.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's not entirely true. Since left footed players are more rare, they are used, since a very young age, at positions where they're asked to use it more often. Right footed players will be far more often moved from left to right and develop (on average) more skills with their weak foot.

Even in youth teams, it's not uncommon to see a right footed left fullback. You'll never see a left footed player play on the right.
You basically didn't even begun to address the point made. It's like telling me that you ate an apple when I ask you about the weather.

Dansk

He'd be world class if he had two feet. It's painful to watch how much his one-footedness limits him. He's quite good the way he is, but if he could use his right foot as well, he'd be unstoppable. How feasible is it to learn that at his age? The fact that he plays really well with such a disadvantage makes it clear that he's a generational talent, but being utterly incapable of doing anything whatsoever with his right foot will hold him back.

avgp_1

He played well. In the first half he was our best attacking option. Shame he didn't finish that chance off, he actually connected quite well

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
His ability to keep the ball in any situation is just fantastic. When was the last time we got a player like this? Does Berba counts? Really raise our game control abilities, superb pick from ETH even though the pricetag will be discussed over and over again. At least we know he's 100% his player.

Superunknown

That's just it. People seldomly focus on right footed players weak foot even though they barely uses them and when they do it's generally not good.
I do think that's generally true, although I wouldn't be able to give a reason for why that is.

I also do wonder how much of an issue it would be if our overall attack was a lot better. Sancho isn't really doing a lot and Rashford doesn't look natural in his current position, so I do feel like there's more of an emphasis on Antony to do more, which then maybe highlights the 'flaw' a little more.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I do think that's generally true, although I wouldn't be able to give a reason for why that is.

I also do wonder how much of an issue it would be if our overall attack was a lot better. Sancho isn't really doing a lot and Rashford doesn't look natural in his current position, so I do feel like there's more of an emphasis on Antony to do more, which then maybe highlights the 'flaw' a little more.
Might be because there's few top level right footed players with a terrible left foot, when there's plenty of top left footed players who almost never use their right foot. Kinda sets the pattern for all the players.

But as I told JPRouve (even if I didn't mean to), it's true that left footed players have, on average, a worst weak foot than right footed players. And it's not only using it to pass or shoot, there's just less confortable when they drive the ball as well (Sancho do uses it pretty often in this situation).

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had to score the chance Bruno made for him at the end of the first half. Goalscoring is part of the brief for a winger in this system. The top sides can count on production from their wide forwards. Ours...

MattofManchester

To be fair to him, he did attempt a cross with his right today. He overhit it, but it seems like he has heard the criticisms leveled at him.

If he's got the attitude, he'll probably try to work on it.
How much he can improve it, who knows.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Had to score the chance Bruno made for him at the end of the first half. Goalscoring is part of the brief for a winger in this system. The top sides can count on production from their wide forwards. Ours...
His goals to games isn’t bad for us. Weird comment after missing one chance

The Uncle of All Uncles

I love the way this guy doesn't lose the ball, even when under intense pressure. It does so much for our ball retention. The knock on effect of that is enormous.

mav_9me

That's probably not a valid criticism of his given his main contribution has been goals.

What I want to see from him is more open play threat with passes or crosses.

mav_9me

I love the way this guy doesn't lose the ball, even when under intense pressure. It does so much for our ball retention. The knock on effect of that is enormous.
He is actually the outlet for the whole team. He always keeps the width and so is in space and of course he keeps the ball extremely well.

Chairman Steve

Gets a good goal scoring chance every game seemingly. I can imagine that some of the chances will start going in more regularly as time goes on.

Hopefully by then he’ll have fully acclimatised and he’ll start taking on defenders and beating them with trickery. It feels like at the moment he’s feeling himself into it under ETH’s instructions and not going for the high risk moves yet aka the exciting stuff.

Red-17

To be fair to him, he did attempt a cross with his right today. He overhit it, but it seems like he has heard the criticisms leveled at him.

If he's got the attitude, he'll probably try to work on it.
How much he can improve it, who knows.
Yeah he actually used the right foot twice today even if it was relatively poor. I take that as a positive that he is actually working on it. Even if he only goes right 1 in 4 or 5 times, he just needs the defender to respect it to a limited degree. It's not like his shot was dreadful either, it was about a foot or two wide and had decent pace to it. I can't exactly remember Rashford converting any similar chances on his left foot.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I’d say without even being amazing so far (ignoring his 3 goals) he has probably shown more in his short time than Sancho. He just has more umph

Belisarius

There were a few times he seemed really upset with Dalot over kind of minor things like who would take a throw-in. Another time when they both went for the same ball. It just looks like he doesn't like Dalot at all. It doesn't bode well for them finding some chemistry together.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I think we gotta reevaluate the definition of "sitter" on the caf :lol: Same thing was also said about Rashford's shot.
A good opportunity doesn't equal a sitter
It obviously wasn't a sitter, especially on your wrong foot (even if you take a player with a fairly decent weak foot).

I actually that it's better for him to try with his left foot and miss than just playing absolutely 100% with his left foot, it makes the defender think "it's unlikely but he could actually try it" instead of "I know where he's going to go because he'll never use his right foot". As we say in poker, he needs to mix up his game just a bit.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
There were a few times he seemed really upset with Dalot over kind of minor things like who would take a throw-in. Another time when they both went for the same ball. It just looks like he doesn't like Dalot at all. It doesn't bode well for them finding some chemistry together.
Let him play with Wan Bissaka for a couple of games, he'll like Dalot alright.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's at least closer to being worth his price tag than Sancho. Takes care of the ball really well when we're under pressure, an absolute fighter, closes down well and tracks back all the time. Delighted we got him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
More to come from him, but did very well. This is our right winger for the coming few years I'm sure.

He understands what EtH wants as good as anyone in the team. Tactically very good. Physically awesome, and mentally as well. Just needs to improve his decision making and confidence.

Bondi77

He played well I thought.
He kept up with the pace of the game and kept Chilwell quiet and hardly ever gave away possession.
He will be a decent player when e gets better with his right foot.

MUFC OK

Did okay. Need to see a lot more from him though especially in going at opposition players. Maybe I’m out of touch but throughly expect that from a winger.

Chief123

I absolutely love the fact he did the full 360 scoop with a bit of swaz on the end! Someone gif that! :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.