5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barthez

Our best player. Never understood his criticism when there are so many other frauds in the team

Castia

He’s a good player

I think he could be a key member of the squad next season

Can‘t get my head around him and Sancho costing us £170m but….

Zoo

Got the personality for it. Can see why him and Martinez were so important for Ten Hag. His game is developing continuously there’s a lot more to come.

pascell

Needs to be feeding a striker who makes the right runs and creates space for the other attackers, then he'll flourish.

No problem with his performance tonight, the only one who didn't fold when they were trying to hack him down and kept trying to make something happen.

united for life

Only player who could claim to have played atleast okay tonight…
he’s actually been good recently. Often criticised for being expected, but he’s actually doing well. One can sense a sense of urgency when he has the ball. Way better than sancho

Chairman Steve

He’s progressing the way Sancho should have been progressing. Getting better every game and up for the fight even when the opposition wants to shithouse you.

Lux Thunder

He’s progressing the way Sancho should have been progressing. Getting better every game and up for the fight even when the opposition wants to shithouse you.
Yep, Antony showed more promise in his first season to date than Sancho for his time here IMO.

It's just funny how some people still "won't judge" and "will give more time" to Sancho while Antony is(or at least was) an "overpriced flop". There is a big difference in how we look when Antony is on the pitch and the absence of Sancho will, on most occasions, be unnoticed.

Comparison-wise, Antony cost €95m with a wage of €200k/pw and Sancho cost €85m with a wage of €350k/pw. All that social media talking "Still business to do in Sevilla" and similar bull*hits and yet only Antony looked to me tonight like he f*cking cares.

redIndianDevil

Our only positive today. I was worried about his lack of pace but I think he is going to come good next season with a proper attacking RB next season. He and a proper attacking RB would complement each other so well, he is good at tracking back and helping out and if he is supported by a proper attacking RB he can be much better in attack.

NB: Dalot is a not an attacking RB. He is not even a FB in my opinion.

Abraxas

Easily our best player. Which considering it mainly featured a few bits of good play in the first half, must say a lot about the performances out there. He was probably the only one that looked like he could trap a ball cleanly as well.

CloneMC16

He has played well the last couple games. He was our only good player today. He didn't get on the ball much, but when he did, he was making things happen. Also did his job going back the other way. Good to see.

el3mel

He was actually not bad at all tonight, though we had Martial and Sancho stinking the place around him so hardly a competition.

Theonas

Scout
He is getting better and we've seen many players reach their best form in their second season. Hopefully he can do that because he has the potential to be a game changer.

Sylar

Showed fight, we need more characters like him. Put in a few crosses with his right foot.

Chief123

Our only player who has the balls and courage to keep going when it’s tough out there. Him and Martinez are fighters.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Didn't do anything of note with the ball but at least he tried. More than the rest of them managed and I have been critical of him a lot this season. Kudos to him for that.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He has been better the last few weeks. But every counter attack of ours is over the minute he gets the ball.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Would love him to develop his right foot, he'd be frightening.
I think he is starting to, although not enough, a couple of times I've seen him take the full back on the outside and cross with his right foot, but needs to do it more, so defenders really don't know which way he's going to go.

flameinthesun

Coming along nicely, has slowly started to use his right foot more, is pretty integral to progressing us up the pitch, is the only person apart from Rashford who actually wants to force something. The difference between him and Sancho is startling. Get him on a good weight program over the summer and hopefully he can get just a bit more pace and strength and then I think he'll be good to go. Definitely becoming an interesting player in my eyes.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Bodes well that he is still noticeable when the going gets tough. Polar opposite to Sancho.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Promising signs that, even if you're getting beat (and beat well), Antony still showed a good sense of grit and team-work.

That alone shows the disparity between the players who Hag brought in and those who've been ever present at the club since his arrival.

Last edited:

spiriticon

I see something in him. He'll come good.

He'll not be Giggs or Robben, mind you, but he'll be alright.

Habs

He’s got a lot of stick this season, alot of it pretty unfair in my opinion. We look much better whenever he is in the team, when he’s injured the right side looks awful- pretty much how it has been for the last decade.

He scored some big goals, consistently keeps the ball well under pressure and more than anything has a bit of fight in him which gives me hope he’ll be a star here.

Clearly not worth the amount we paid for him, but that’s not his problem. I reckon he’ll have a big season next year

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I think he is starting to, although not enough, a couple of times I've seen him take the full back on the outside and cross with his right foot, but needs to do it more, so defenders really don't know which way he's going to go.
He needs to have someone to cross it to, a lot of the time he receives the ball he's our furthest forward player

RedStarUnited

He is incredibly selfish for a player who doesn't score or assist a lot.
And only has one type of finish. Id understand the selfishness if he was attempting other things!

The one where he didnt cut it back to Bruno was criminal.

He has decent games but he does the same wrong things game after game. Incredibly frustrating.

Dominos

You could forgive him for being so greedy if he was actually good at shooting, but 95% of his shots are shite. No idea why the manager indulges players in their stupid habits. Tell him to pass the fecking ball, tell him every 5 seconds until he learns.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
You could forgive him for being so greedy if he was actually good at shooting, but 95% of his shots are shite. No idea why the manager indulges players in their stupid habits. Tell him to pass the fecking ball, tell him every 5 seconds until he learns.
My guess is that the answer is that he scores these in training and Ten Hag believes it is a matter of time before he starts scoring them much more regularly in matches.

Rustyspider13

As I said before, he has the fight to make it here. Glad to see him using his right foot more. Next thing he needs to learn is making a pass or shooting near post after cutting inside. Add more variations to his game.

Boneli

He’s still too greedy, but at least you can see he’s working on his right foot - now he’s started using it he’s so much more threatening.

Status
Not open for further replies.