5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraxas

It's probably a yellow and a half. By that I mean a ref could easily see that as a red depending on his interpretation because of the intent, but for me, it's a bit soft to be a red based on the action. That's the thing with reffing, it is just that, an interpretation. So when you go lashing out with absolutely no intention to participate in football at that moment, you have a chance a ref is going to see that as violent conduct. So overall, absolutely brainless thing to do to even put us in that situation. We seem to have a few players that like to sail close to the wind with their idiocy. I like the commitment to the match, but I'd like that directed towards being a more effective footballer.

RedIan

Ive been disappointed with Anthonys ability, the main attribute for a winger is the ability to beat a fullback and make a quality cross. Anthony seems largely incapable of either of these fundamentals. His shooting is also erratic.
He has other qualities, ability to hold up the ball under close attention and his passing is decent. Tracking back is good. However for the money paid and the lengths we went too to get him, hes a let down. To be man united winger you need it all not just the bottom 50% .

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Dunno why we’re arguing whether it was yellow or red. It was a stupid thing to do regardless. If you’re going to get booked then get booked doing something which benefits the team. Not throwing a fecking tantrum. He needs to cut that shit out.
Because some are using this moment as a proof of his toughness and passion. I think it showed how weak he was at that particular moment

Last edited:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Because some are using thid moment as a proof of his toughness and passion. I think it showed how weak he was at that particular moment
Yeah I’m really pissed at that. We wanna be a team that plays big finals and we can’t do that with petulant child like behavior

Ekeke

Here it is, from the FA website:

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Hardly excessive force or brutal. And even ignoring that, regarding precedence, those types of fouls are almost always punished with yellow cards.
They arent though. Most of the time when a player has kicked out at another player with petulance not going for the ball and they are caught they are sent off because of the intent to harm the opponent. A lot of the time they arent initially caught doing it. Thats where they might get a yellow, or nothing.

As for the way the rule is written above, what is excessive force for contact with a player when you arent going for the ball but instead going for the player? I'd argue that "force" to foul a player when you arent going for the ball is more like when a player skips past another on a counter and the defender safely sweeps the player down with just enough contact to give away the freekick and they are given a yellow card. Thats the force we're talking about and whether what Antony has done is more than that.

When you are kicking a stationary player instead of trying to kick the ball it was obviouslly more excessive than needed to give a foul away. More contact in an unsafe way and with the intention of doing more than giving away a foul. He was obviously trying to at least piss off his opponent, if not deliberately hurt them to some extent (pain, not injury)

You simply dont get to kick people for no reason. And usually if you are clearly annoyed after not getting a freekick yourself its easy to see that theres a buildup to it and more intent than a careless late challenge. And thats the case here too. You have the buildup, you have the kick clearly going for the player and not the ball and with an intent to harm them. If you dont send players off for this then you will have every player kicking each other when they feel like it, not even pretending to go for the ball

kouroux

They arent though. Most of the time when a player has kicked out at another player with petulance not going for the ball and they are caught they are sent off because of the intent to harm the opponent. A lot of the time they arent initially caught doing it. Thats where they might get a yellow, or nothing.

As for the way the rule is written above, what is excessive force for contact with a player when you arent going for the ball but instead going for the player? I'd argue that "force" to foul a player when you arent going for the ball is more like when a player skips past another on a counter and the defender safely sweeps the player down with just enough contact to give away the freekick and they are given a yellow card. Thats the force we're talking about and whether what Antony has done is more than that.

When you are kicking a stationary player instead of trying to kick the ball it was obviouslly more excessive than needed to give a foul away. More contact in an unsafe way and with the intention of doing more than giving away a foul. He was obviously trying to at least piss off his opponent, if not deliberately hurt them to some extent (pain, not injury)

You simply dont get to kick people for no reason. And usually if you are clearly annoyed after not getting a freekick yourself its easy to see that theres a buildup to it and more intent than a careless late challenge. And thats the case here too. You have the buildup, you have the kick clearly going for the player and not the ball and with an intent to harm them. If you dont send players off for this then you will have every player kicking each other when they feel like it, not even pretending to go for the ball
Excellent post. We really got away with it

Skills

Snitch
Because some are using this moment as a proof of his toughness and passion. I think it showed how weak he was at that particular moment
It's also such a dumb way of riling up the home crowd in a tough away game.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It can be both things at once.

I like players who show some aggression and have a fire in their belly. We’ve needed more players like that for ages.

I don’t like players who make stupid, impulsive decisions on the pitch that could cost the team.

This incident showed the good and bad qualities of Antony.

Last edited:

kouroux

It can be both things at once. I like players with a fire in their belly. We’ve needed more players like that for ages. I don’t like players who make stupid, impulsive decisions on the pitch that could cost the team. This incident showed the good and bad qualities of Antony.
The line can be fine between the 2 tbh.

Someone

Something
I think he had a couple of good games in his last 15. ETH biggest mistake, and because he's so expensive he can't be just dropped.

Skills

Snitch
Averages a PL goal or assist every 322 minutes.

How the feck are you meant to have anything resembling a functioning attack by carrying a passenger like that in it?

Castia

Can’t believe he cost 80m.

Him and Sancho costing the club around 160m quid….you have to laugh. Absolute joke.

lsd

The Oracle
Honestly hate seeing him in our line up. I just cannot recall a less creative player than him.

At this point Erik needs sacked just for buying him let alone wasting 80 million on him

Heinzesight

Can see there may be a player in there but getting a bit worried this is all we get. Him and Sancho two peas in a pod. Look great on the halfway line but go to shit near the box.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
Can’t believe he cost 80m.

Him and Sancho costing the club around 160m quid….you have to laugh. Absolute joke.
This is so much worse than the Sancho signing. Sancho's a disappointment because his performances at Dortmund suggested he was good enough.

There was nothing, zilch, nada suggesting that Antony was ever good enough. The fact that he cost more than Sancho is a joke - Sancho's managed almost as many goals in a single season at Dortmund, than Antony managed in his whole career in European football.

Rockets Redglare

I’ve defended him quite a lot but feck me he has been shite recently. Not sure he’s up to it.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m generally not in favour of writing players off but if anybody would like to buy the little I have left of my Antony stick you can have it for less than the share price when the Glazers stay.

Above all else how poor his decision making is astounds me more & more each week, the guy is 22 & has played under EtH for years. I’m out.

Malone_Post

His reaction to be subbed was hilarious. Sat there getting all pissy as if he’d been delivered some great injustice.

One of the most dislikable players we’ve ever had.

Castia

This is so much worse than the Sancho signing. Sancho's a disappointment because his performances at Dortmund suggested he was good enough.

There was nothing, zilch, nada suggesting that Antony was ever good enough. The fact that he cost more than Sancho is a joke - Sancho's managed almost as many goals in a single season at Dortmund, than Antony managed in his whole career in European football.
True

Scary considering ETH managed him for 2 years.

On todays game AWB looked more of a threat going forward….AWB ffs. There was a ton of space out on the right side as well today was piss poor.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
He’s played 40 games for us now and I bet no one can tell me what exactly he is good at. We are an embarrassment as a club because we pay big money for Maguire,Sancho & this guy who offer absolutely zero output

shamans

:lol: Yeah, we never had players behave this way when we won titles and played big finals galore.
Those players were so good it was worth taking their diva attitude or hot headedness. Also the world has changed I am sure someone as smart as keane would adjust to modern times and not risk getting sent off constantly like that.

It was dumb and any spin on it is childish

48 hours

He’s played 40 games for us now and I bet no one can tell me what exactly he is good at. We are an embarrassment as a club because we pay big money for Maguire,Sancho & this guy who offer absolutely zero output
Oh we can. Cut in from the right and shoot (60% of the time it works every time)

shamans

Can see there may be a player in there but getting a bit worried this is all we get. Him and Sancho two peas in a pod. Look great on the halfway line but go to shit near the box.
This is where I was but now I’m even struggling to see that. It’s not a case of a more erratic Bruno where there’s a great moment followed by ten bad ones . The great moments are not so special and I’m clinging onto straws hoping he’ll deliver

Im not losing hope yet but it’s getting sad

Heinzesight

This is where I was but now I’m even struggling to see that. It’s not a case of a more erratic Bruno where there’s a great moment followed by ten bad ones . The great moments are not so special and I’m clinging onto straws hoping he’ll deliver

Im not losing hope yet but it’s getting sad
He doesn’t even try his trademark cut in on his left and shoot anymore.

Someone said it earlier but Dan fecking James would be more of a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.