5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superunknown

Out best player today, not sure why he's the scapegoat every week.
I would say because, even when he is one of the better ones, he's still not really doing enough all round. He is very wasteful. I personally find him frustrating. I like him...I think?

Devil81

His reaction to be subbed was hilarious. Sat there getting all pissy as if he’d been delivered some great injustice.

One of the most dislikable players we’ve ever had.
Said that to my dad, he's shit, he's cost us a fortune and he's also absolutely one of the most dislikable players I've known.

90 million, mental that transfer fee.

Zoo

Needs to kick on massively next season. Cut out the petulance and be more clinical with his chances.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's playing the same level of performance all season. It's just people were willing to turn a blind eye on it because Rashford was pulling us through.

I was told to give him time. What has changed? Did we not see how poor his attacking attributes are?

OK squad player, shocking signing.

GledTheRed

He's playing the same level of performance all season. It's just people were willing to turn a blind eye on it because Rashford was pulling us through.

I was told to give him time. What has changed? Did we not see how poor his attacking attributes are?

OK squad player, shocking signing.
He's playing in a shit team that barley goals, he'd take the piss in a team more progressive that allows him space in the final third.

el3mel

We're absolutely wasting time with him. Some just never learn. Let's give him more seasons and more chances until his value goes downhill, we fail to sell him and end up waiting for him to run down his contract like Pogba and now Martial. We're going to do the same with Antony and Sancho instead of cutting our losses early and moving on to better players.

He's awful and that's his ceiling no matter how many seasons he gets here.

AndySmith1990

Useless. Yet another huge waste of money in an every growing list of fecking expensive flops

GledTheRed

We're absolutely wasting time with him. Some just never learn. Let's give him more seasons and more chances until his value goes downhill, we fail to sell him and end up waiting for him to run down his contract like Pogba and now Martial. We're going to do the same with Antony and Sancho instead of cutting our losses early and moving on to better players.

I think he'll be fine, not sure on Sancho however as he lacks the balls and fight that Antony has.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo

Absolutely. He may even at some point hit some purple patch of goals which will make people call out posters who consider him not good enough, but he will never be good enough for a team aspiring to win titles.

DickDastardly

He shouldn't be here next season. We're wasting time with him.
Can't see us selling him after only a year spent here.

Not when there's at least 7 players before him to boot off the stadium.

But yes, bring back Amad and after a couple of games he'll be the one getting the last 15 minutes of games from the bench.

Superunknown

He tires and he's aggressive and looks arsed which is a plus.
That all goes in his favour.

However, at the same time, his limitations are great. I know that this wasn't necessarily the case today, but I feel that you can get away with either him OR Sancho, but not playing both as they're hugely limited. Not pacey, want to come inside, dally with the ball at their feet, wasteful in attacking positions.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We spent 85m on a MG replacement and he's miles worse.

Awful signing and ETH has to take a lot of blame for this. He's not that good at anything.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Worst thing is that when people were criticising him earlier on in the season you would get people saying that he was scoring big goals. Now he doesn’t even hit the target on great chances

Sylar

If he could at least finish it would massively paper over all of his (many) other flaws
Yep he's had some good chances and has not had any good execution.
His wing play leaves a lot to be desired

And the annoying thing is that when he goes off we basically have nothing on the right at all. It's happened too many times recently.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's playing in a shit team that barley goals, he'd take the piss in a team more progressive that allows him space in the final third.
He's getting chances to score/create. He just doesn't take them.
Honestly I'd rather play Bruno on RW because we he can actually score or assist if he gets into those positions that Antony occupies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Didn't think he was one of the worst today and he did pose some threat early on. As many are saying though he does need to put more chances away than he does.
He's not even as good as Valencia.
Valencia at his peak was a brilliant player.

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's an okay player with the potential to be a good one, but the problem he'll always have here is the price tag looming over him. He was never worth the money, and probably never will be because that amount should buy you world class, and, even though I think he could potentially be good, I can't ever see him being world class.

Matt851

He’s played 40 games for us now and I bet no one can tell me what exactly he is good at. We are an embarrassment as a club because we pay big money for Maguire,Sancho & this guy who offer absolutely zero output
Well when rashford was scoring every game, quite a number of people on here were insistent he was great because of his ball retention and ability to stay wide

kundalini

Usual garbage from Antony.

4 goals + 1 assist in 1636 PL mins. Embarrassing.

Malone_Post

He’s one of the main reasons we’re a shit team that barely scores goals! How can you not see that?!

Jev

Well when rashford was scoring every game, quite a number of people on here were insistent he was great because of his ball retention and ability to stay wide
This one does my head in. First of all, it's literally praising him for standing there. Second, it's clear as day that we lack movement and attacking runs, and Antony is doing none of it, completely static.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's an okay player with the potential to be a good one, but the problem he'll always have here is the price tag looming over him. He was never worth the money, and probably never will be because that amount should buy you world class, and, even though I think he could potentially be good, I can't ever see him being world class.
This is how I see it as well. 100% on people who thought he's worth that money.
I think he's hit his ceiling and I would be amazed if ETH didn't see it coming.

El Jefe

He’s played 40 games for us now and I bet no one can tell me what exactly he is good at. We are an embarrassment as a club because we pay big money for Maguire,Sancho & this guy who offer absolutely zero output
Apparently we just don't understand the balance he brings. He world class at balance bringing.

If we didn't sign him, he'd still be at Ajax and that tells me everything I need to know about him.

simplyared

The actual truth of the matter is he can only play for 20 mins. Same pattern every game. ETH taking him off on 60 min. Why the feck does he start him? If we doing shite bring him on for the last 20 instead. Could be another Solskjaer :lol:

AshRK

Absolutely. He may even at some point hit some purple patch of goals which will make people call out posters who consider him not good enough, but he will never be good enough for a team aspiring to win titles.
Well to be fair if you are looking to sell players on the basis of winning titles then we better sell almost whole squad because I don't see winning any major trophies with these lot.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
ETH has had an absolute mare with this one.

He's not actually very good at any aspect of being a modern day winger. Isn't quick, isn't creative and his shooting is awful.

Dan James had a better debut season for us. It's actually embarrassing how bad he's been.

UpWithRivers

Really makes me question Ten Haag. Its completely baffling. You can get transfers wrong but to spend 86 mill on one of your own ex players you should know exactly what you are getting. Its making Moyes signing of Fellaini look good

Status
Not open for further replies.