Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

This is the right type of spin, Antony. I know you can do it.
With only a 1 goal lead and plenty of time left to play? Embarrassing really. Could easily have scored there if he wasn't showboating. Should've been subbed off straight away.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Then you would have said what Johan Cruijff said. Ball is played to space. Right player in the right space at the right time.
Exactly. It was not so far ahead that Bruno shouldn't have made it. The miss was not on Antony.

Foxbatt

Exactly. It was not so far ahead that Bruno shouldn't have made it. The miss was not on Antony.
Gerry Muhren did a bit of ball juggling for Ajax against Real in the old European Cup. He juggled it until Krol came up from defence and passed it to the space Krol ran. The Bernabau got up and applauded him. Yet we slate Antony for a bit of skill. Which club is more successful? Real or United?

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
But Okocha (my fav non United player) was loved in England and I did mention Ronaldinho who was wanked over every time I saw him on the champions league on ITV coverage. Even Lampard said every time they played vs Barca it was clear Ronaldinho was the best player because of the things he could do with the ball. And yes a young Joe Cole was exactly that type of player. Who is ASM?

BTW I love flair players and skillful players, you are actually reading my messaging wrong.
Wouldn’t have took much for me to misunderstand or misrepresent your opinion. The weekend started last night. Apologies.

Oh, ASM the Newcastle lad.

Marwood

Gerry Muhren did a bit of ball juggling for Ajax against Real in the old European Cup. He juggled it until Krol came up from defence and passed it to the space Krol ran. The Bernabau got up and applauded him. Yet we slate Antony for a bit of skill. Which club is more successful? Real or United?
Who is slating him? A few pundits, a handful of fans. Not sure how this is related to success of each club.

Foxbatt

Who is slating him? A few pundits, a handful of fans. Not sure how this is related to success of each club.
A few pundits? All of them ex United players. It's not a handful of fans either. A lot more. A successful club like Real appreciating skills.

SAFMUTD

Seems like he's not starting today because of a knock. Hopefully nothing serious.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bit cooler to do it when you're beating Real in Bernabeu after already winning consequetive Europa cup 1s than when you're 0-0 against Tiraspol to be honest.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Maguire lunged into him with a 2 footed tackle

"this is England son, we don't want any of that fancy nonsense here"

Marwood

A few pundits? All of them ex United players. It's not a handful of fans either. A lot more. A successful club like Real appreciating skills.
Pretty sure the OT crowd cheered when he did it right?

Edwards6

Love how sky sports were just showing great clips of showboating from premier league history and how everyone loved players like that. Subtle dig at the miserable prats on BT Thursday night

Red-17

I think today highlights just how important a player he is for us. His ability to progress the ball and even just keep possession under tight pressure is crucial. Granted that is probably the weakest area of Elanga's game, so it was exacerbated today, but we had absolutely no controlled possession down the right all game today without him. The amount of Varane to Antony passes you would see in a game compared to today where Maguire pretty much never had an option wide right into feet leading to a much more sluggish and predictable build up.

BorisManUtd

I think today highlights just how important a player he is for us. His ability to progress the ball and even just keep possession under tight pressure is crucial. Granted that is probably the weakest area of Elanga's game, so it was exacerbated today, but we had absolutely no controlled possession down the right all game today without him. The amount of Varane to Antony passes you would see in a game compared to today where Maguire pretty much never had an option wide right into feet leading to a much more sluggish and predictable build up.
Exactly. Very important part of our game that just wasn't there today. Hopefully Antony will be back as soon as possible.

EtH

Damn did we ever miss him today. When is he supposed to be back ?

Red-17

Exactly. Very important part of our game that just wasn't there today. Hopefully Antony will be back as soon as possible.
Have to hope that Sancho can step up at some point because one of his supposed strengths is his ability to retain possession and progress the ball up the pitch. We can't be so reliant on Antony that there is that much of a drop off from him to our backup option.

Irwin99

I have to echo the general feeling that we missed him today. That RW position is his own.

Kag

Completely agree. We missed his reliability on the ball as an outlet today.

T_Model101

Injured today? Or taken out of the spotlight by the manager?
In a very short space of time he has become a key player to this team, his mentality is night and day to that of Sancho

CM

Hope he's back on Thursday - we'll need him if we want any chance of putting a couple of goals past Real Sociedad.

Delano

Fundamental to the shape of the team.

We lacked a dual threat today, whilst he adds a lot in terms of pressing and organising with his understanding of EtH's tactics.

Boondog

I hate the media. They're like dogs eating vomit then puking it back out and the chain goes on and on. Frankly it is disgusting.

The key with Antony is his right foot. That is what is lacking, and what is keeping his game from elevating. So personally I hope Brazil gets eliminated quickly so he can spend some downtime with EtH building that part of his game. He needs to be able to make runs and rely on that right foot. He had a breakaway in the Newcastle game that nicely demonstrated this issue, where a right foot would have allowed him to take the ball wide and a much greater chance would have resulted than what he got, which was a forced left foot shot that was blocked by the defense closing in from the inside.

This is what the media should have an eye on. Not a fecking spin move that has become a big deal because a great ex-player mentioned it.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Team hasn't looked the same without him on the right. Bruno there as am experiment needs to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.