5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

The cynic in me says the injury isn’t as bad as it seems and he’s just saving himself for the World Cup and doesn’t want to risk injury playing a couple games beforehand. No way of proving this of course. I guess I’m just desperate for him to return after seeing the tumescent shite our makeshift forward line has been serving up recently.

criticalanalysis

The cynic in me says the injury isn’t as bad as it seems and he’s just saving himself for the World Cup and doesn’t want to risk injury playing a couple games beforehand. No way of proving this of course. I guess I’m just desperate for him to return after seeing the tumescent shite our makeshift forward line has been serving up recently.
I'd argue it's because he's put in such an intense shift since he's come in. He has done a lot of hard running (both directions) and intense sprints playing pretty much all of our matches since he's come into the squad.

I'm not saying it's fatigue but more likely he's twitched something. I know it's highsight but even whilst admiring his work ethic, I was wondering 'is this sustainable in that frame of his?'. We're doing a lot of work on and off the ball but I would say it's not the most efficient atm as we're just not there yet as a team. The fact your that Antonys and Rashfords are doing a lot of high intensity sprints are great but it shouldn't be regular 20-40 yard ones because we're caught out of position or the first press wasn't great.

Glorio

Really noticeable this season that we receive no comms around length of injuries.

On some level, it's good that when the club wants to, it can keep things under wraps, on the other hand, it is frustrating not knowing.

Strootman's Finger

Really noticeable this season that we receive no comms around length of injuries.

On some level, it's good that when the club wants to, it can keep things under wraps, on the other hand, it is frustrating not knowing.
I agree, I don't like how vague some of the statements around injured players have been.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why would he risk not starting games for Brazil if he's not declared fit? that's a bonkers outlook.

He's injured.

Chief123

I did think this. You can see how much it means to these players being selected for the World Cup. I wonder if they are being more cautious than they normally would.

It’s obviously not great for us considering how short of options we are.

the_cliff

Why would he risk not starting games for Brazil if he's not declared fit? that's a bonkers outlook.

He's injured.
Especially considering his main competition for a starting place at the world cup has performed well the last couple of games for Barcelona and scored a brilliant winner yesterday.

You'd think he'd want to play to prove himself for a starting position.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Especially considering his main competition for a starting place at the world cup has performed well the last couple of games for Barcelona and scored a brilliant winner yesterday.

exactly :lol:

is he hoping raphinha will get a late injury and banking on that? very risky

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

There's no competition though, he's option number 2 or 3 in Tite's mind depending on the system and a couple of games before the world cup wont change that.

Kaos

A little selfish of me to say, but I'm glad he's behind Raphinha in the pecking order for Brazil. We're going to need him fit for the second half of the season if top 4 and a trophy is our goal.

LordSpud

Made himself unavailable for the WC on purpose as I stated in another thread, probably on the orders of the manager. Funny its always the South American countries who demand players to sit out or go back early. I remember the Uruguay team wanted Cavani back early a few years ago for some International games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.