Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It was the perfect game for him to build some confidence and show us what he can do. Unfortunately he did the exact opposite. A truly awful performance. Yong and lernin but he shouldn’t be getting picked again if he plays that badly.

Maybe Sancho could do with some company in the Netherlands?

Vapor trail

Disgraceful performance understandably he has time on side but that performance was diabolical.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not his night at all. He was very important for us until his injury back in October so not like he played like this back then.
Very important???

He's scored 3 goals and got zero assists. One of those goals was a consolation goal in a derby hammering too.

He's been mediocre at best so far. Not convinced he's better than Garnacho either.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Movement, tracking back and not losing the ball. That you can get for 10 mil. feck, that is what we had in Lingard.
I don't care that "price is not his fault"; for 100 fecking mil i expect assists and goals. At least try to beat a man ffs.

I am starting to be really worried about this transfer.

RedIan

Very rusty, he needs games and a goal to restore his confidence.. but no doubt the same clowns who wrote off Rashford will already be knifing at his back.

Matt851

It seems a lot of posters over the last two pages before today's game had problems understanding the criticism Antony was receiving. Hopefully today's performance can open some eyes.

Not saying he has no chance here but I'm yet to see a player that gives indication that he can be top class in this league. His offensive game has so many flaws in my opinion. We were definitely ripped off and most of us knew that already but my bigger issue is his skillset.

In saying that he still has time on his side.
Yeah we knew we had overpaid but I had hoped we were still getting someone worthy of a place in a top 4 pl team. No indication of that so far. Martinelli for example looks miles better

Footyislife

Will be looked back on as one of the worst signings for ETH era (due to the price).

He's at best a £37M development project like Gapko. Maybe an extra £5M cause there aren't as many Inverted RW.

BorisManUtd

Very important???

He's scored 3 goals and got zero assists. One of those goals was a consolation goal in a derby hammering too.

He's been mediocre at best so far. Not convinced he's better than Garnacho either.
Think he was very important in the way we played back then, quite good at keeping possession which is important when under pressure. Chelsea away is good example of that if I remember correctly.

Idxomer

He was pretty bad in the 1st half but improved a bit in the 2nd half before getting subbed.

Skills

Snitch
The idea that he's some elite dribbler is hilarious. He's terrified of any full back that comes anywhere near him.

Abraxas

Can't believe he fluffed that chance on top of a bad performance. It wouldn't have made it a good performance but it would have put a veneer of respectability on his evening. It was perfectly setup for the left foot as well. Weak effort.

Lassitude42

Feels very raw but there's no doubting his talent. It wasn't his day today but I'm pretty sure he'll become an excellent player for us in time.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
People are treating him too harshly based on his price tag and are not realistic. Even Maguire had more leeway despite his steep price.
Why some people try to discard price? With price come expectations. Malacia is 15 mil and he is not slacked much. He is playing average and nobody is complaining much. He is playing according to his price. Antony is payed 100 mil. When you pay 100 million for something, especially attacker, excuses are gone. From 100 mil attacker fans can demand goals and assists.

Malone_Post

Have to admit I’m getting a little bit twitchy about this signing. I was under the impression that he was a flair player who loved dribbling and taking on defenders? A bit of a maverick. Instead he just constantly plays it safe. He seems to have completely gone into his shell, just like Sancho tbh. Neither of them ever take on their man & they both look like they’re running through treacle.

Was I just under the wrong impression or did he always play like this at Ajax?

Dannn411

I don't even care that much about goals and assists. Just be more agressive and beat a man. Not too much to ask for. Lots more work needed there.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Why some people try to discard price? With price come expectations. Malacia is 15 mil and he is not slacked much. He is playing average and nobody is complaining much. He is playing according to his price. Antony is payed 100 mil. When you pay 100 million for something, especially attacker, excuses are gone. From 100 mil attacker fans can demand goals and assists.
Because Antony didn't set the price, the board were stupid enough to pay 80 for a 50 mil player.

Roboc7

Really disappointing tonight, the money we have spent on him and Sancho is crazy and both look nowhere near the level we need.

Hopefully he improves pretty quickly, still very early days.

arthurka

He has been here 4 months or something let's give him the martial treatment, he will come good.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The idea that he's some elite dribbler is hilarious. He's terrified of any full back that comes anywhere near him.
A few posters mentioned they were worried at his lack of drive when taking on fullbacks before we signed him :nervous:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Have to admit I’m getting a little bit twitchy about this signing. I was under the impression that he was a flair player who loved dribbling and taking on defenders? A bit of a maverick. Instead he just constantly plays it safe. He seems to have completely gone into his shell, just like Sancho tbh. Neither of them ever take on their man & they both look like they’re running through treacle.

Was I just under the wrong impression or did he always play like this at Ajax?
This is what i want to know too. Because i am in the same boat as you. I thought that we are getting new Robben or something. I fell into rookie trap; never judge player based on youtube

Lights Out

I think he’s fecking awful.

Always seems off-balance and not fully in control of the ball. Passing is mediocre and always seems to play it behind the player. Finishing is poor too.

We need a hell of a lot more from him.

The guy had an average game tonight and missed a sitter in the second half but do we really need a pile on for another player?
For a site of United supporters, allegedly, more time is spent slagging off players, Rashford, Martial, Bruno, De Gea, Sancho, Maguire, Lindelof etc, etc.
Overall Anthonys performances have been decent but he throws in one that's a bit off in a 3-0 victory and he should be dropped/ sent to Holland?
Try being a supporter and not a critic for once. All this knee jerk stuff is nonsense and toxic.

dr.twinny

He also doesn’t look fit to me, so will take a few weeks to get back into the groove. He showed glimpses of quality early on in the season and I’d hope he can get back to that in the next few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.