2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

arthurka

Him playing is all on ETH subs Garnacho off for some petty dispute to bring on this roundabout while Rashford stinks up the place and Amad gives his all. ETH wants the boot.

Telsim

Don't give a feck about him cupping his ears. Coventry did it. If you give it, you should also take it. I like players that rile up the opposition.

You can see he cares about football and tries his best, but unfortunately he is just so bad...

van Nistelrooy

Absolute parasite.

There are far bigger problems at United, but Antony stinks the club out with his performances and reputation.

Force him out on loan next season to generate some interest for him, as no one would even take him on a free.

soapythecat

Genuinely, is Antony the most dislikeable player of modern memory? I'm struggling to think of another who I despised so much whilst playing for us. There's a few I thought were utter bell ends since leaving, but whilst still playing for us Antony is the man.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Who fecking cares about him cupping his ears? I doubt he did it unprovoked and I'm far more concerned with the absolute shite he served up when he came on. Point your criticism in the right place FFS.

zenith

If the club don't sell him, regardless of what ETH thinks then I would seriously reconsider the sanity of the new ownership

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

None at all, as I said, its a hypothetical example of why maybe we dont need to go overboard with our reaction. Theres a difference between shamelessly taunting bystanding opponents, and for example, gesturing to fans who have called you a rapist. My point is that we dont know anything and people are reacting with great hostility to something I havent even seen a picture of, which is very weird in 2024. I believe he did it, but given that we havent even seen a grainy clip of it, then maybe best to hold fire on the outrage/embarrassment/etc etc.

All in all, United get an insane amount of shit from the media, opposition fans, and refs and I dont particularly care if one of our own players makes an inoffensive gesture back. The same week everybody is in giggles over martinez doing worse to the might lille.
Couldn't agree more. I remember people giving him stick for 'overcelebrating' his goal vs Newport but, considering he had to listen to their fans call him a rapist all game, I couldn't blame him for taunting them after he scored.

mu4c_20le

Who fecking cares about him cupping his ears? I doubt he did it unprovoked and I'm far more concerned with the absolute shite he served up when he came on. Point your criticism in the right place FFS.
That's the thing though, if he played well then people would have less of a problem with it, it'd be more of a he's our cnut sort of thing. But it's even more pathetic when he was shite, and zero awareness. Imagine if Awb did that.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I have no problem with him giving it back if he got shit from their players and/or fans. That's not an issue at all.

The problem with him is that he's absolute shit, a waste of money, and another player we'll be stuck with for years because we bafflingly gave him a 10x salary raise when he joined.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

That's the thing though, if he played well then people would have less of a problem with it, it'd be more of a he's our cnut sort of thing. But it's even more pathetic when he was shite, and zero awareness. Imagine if Awb did that.
Imagine if Wan-Bissaka showed any emotion on the football pitch. If he could act hard done by after conceding a last minute penalty for a harsh handball decision, then that would be a start.

Give me an overly emotional Antony over a not-arsed looking Wan-Bissaka every day of the week.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't really mind either, unless it was totally unprovoked. Again, I'm more dismayed by AWB's lack of progression and performances, I'm not gonna focus on something so minor.

Nicoteiro

Yeah the current situation within the club has made some fans to ignore the greatness of Manchester United, and how it's players should behave, which is with class. I gues it just pictures the current situation of the club.

We all know he's shit playing football. We know we gave probably 80M away by signing him. The least he has to do is behave up to Manchester United's reputation and standards. Although we may have lost those standards since we're worried about sporting results with more urgency.

Well done by Maguire. Terrible from this prick.

Betson

Just another nothing performance when he came on , you would barely know he was playing. 90 odd Million and he can't even stand out against Championship opposition , has there ever been such an ineffective player bought for so much.

Tony247

Y'all really have nothing serious to get angry about. Get a grip.....Coventry players were literally cupping their ears to our fans during the shoot out. But y'all are livid at Antony Dir giving it back when it hurt the most
Yeh but we are united. One of the biggest club in the world. Have some decorum that matches the gap between us and a championship club. They fought well and just leave it at that.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Thought his behaviour was unsavoury for a club of our size. We did not deserve to win that game and he acts the Billy Big B******s as though he had scored a hattrick and was the best player on the pitch. Learn a bit of class if you want to play for this great club.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Blimey, he is a flop and all that but now some people are really going over the top with criticism. He cupped his ears? So what?

Red Rash

Performance wise I hoped the Liverpool sub appearance would mean an uplift in form. Unfortunately he has been dreadful since.

Red Regista

His antics aside, he's just not good enough to play for United and we know it for over a year tbh.

If there was a crwodfunding campaign to finance his exit, I'd donate.

Daniel James looks like prime Giggsy next to this chump they call Antony.

Glorio

I litterally don't give a flying fig what level they are at!

FFS They were literally mocking our players and our fans during the shoot out. I'll be damned before I have a go at any of our players for giving it back straight after. Especially given how they were behaving they were SURE to rub our faces in it if they had won instead. Which the whole bloody world would have revelled in. I don't feel an ounce of sympathy for them.
Agreed ... Not sure what the issue is. They were at it the whole time during the pens.

aeh1991

Trash player with an even worse attitude. One of the worst ever signings in football history
Can't think of a worse one in recent years tbh. Not even the Chelsea signings (Mudryk, Caicedo, etc) come close to this flop.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Agreed ... Not sure what the issue is. They were at it the whole time during the pens.
The issue is, he just "won" an a embarrassment of game on penalties that he contributed nothing too and was avtively shit during. He should wind his feckin' neck in.

Also, if you're taking a bit of gamesmanship personally during a penalty shoot-out (which by the way, I didn't see anyone directing anything towards Antony), you probably need to grow up We've all played football, you give a bit on the pitch, but when it's done you go up to your opponents and shake hands. Didn't their keeper gave Bruno shit before his pen? I didn't see him running into his face and screaming after we won or anything.

Glorio

The issue is, he just "won" an a embarrassment of game on penalties that he contributed nothing too and was avtively shit during. He should wind his feckin' neck in.

Also, if you're taking a bit of gamesmanship personally during a penalty shoot-out (which by the way, I didn't see anyone directing anything towards Antony), you probably need to grow up We've all played football, you give a bit on the pitch, but when it's done you go up to your opponents and shake hands. Didn't their keeper gave Bruno shit before his pen? I didn't see him running into his face and screaming after we won or anything.
I agree, he was terrible and some humility in the circumstances wouldn't have gone amiss but did he run into their faces screaming? No
He cupped his hands for about 2 secs, and I'm not even convinced it was towards their players.

The noise around something players do all the time is what's in fact outrageous.

Btw, loved Bruno giving back after he scored

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I agree, he was terrible and some humility in the circumstances wouldn't have gone amiss but did he run into their faces screaming? No
He cupped his hands for about 2 secs, and I'm not even convinced it was towards their players.

The noise around something players do all the time is what's in fact outrageous.

Btw, loved Bruno giving back after he scored
Yeah, I think doing it during the shoot-out/game is fine, it's all part of the gamesmanship... but just doesn't sit right with me after, even if it's a minor thing like cupping your ears, especially if you're as shit as Antony is.

Probably doesn't really help that in genearl he just comes across as a bit of a knob!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
how do we know the coventry players were giving it large? Do we have any vids or was it a report? Assuming it was just seen on live TV.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Rubbish upon rubbish. They were goading our players and were utterly intent on rubbing their faces and our fans faces in it had they won. Frankly it's more embarrassing no one else in the squad had the spikeyness to give it back to them. Whether Antony contributed or not to the entire game doesn't neccesitate he should stand their and take opponents itching to disrespect us that way.

It's even worse our fans are having this "faux outrage" on Coventry's behalf, like the world wouldn't have revelled in Coventry players and fans gloating and goading us if indeed they had won. For which they'd wouldn't have had one iota of sympathy for us.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
how do we know the coventry players were giving it large? Do we have any vids or was it a report? Assuming it was just seen on live TV.
On Tv saw their keeper shouting at Bruno and calling him a cnut and when one of them scored a pen they did the ears things to the crowd which is what Antony was mimicking.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Rubbish upon rubbish. They were goading our players and were utterly intent on rubbing their faces and our fans faces in it had they won. Frankly it's more embarrassing no one else in the squad had the spikeyness to give it back to them.

It's even worse our fans are having this "faux outrage" like the world wouldn't have revelled in Coventry players and fans gloating and goading us if indeed they had won.
You literally can't know that.

Unless something truly spikey/aggregious has happened in the game, once it's over you shake hands and display sportsmanship.

Also, we're Manchester United, there's nothing wrong with wanting our players to be classier then your average.

BarstoolProphet

Shades of RvN antics after he scored against the mighty Andorra:lol: Atleast Ruud delivered on the pitch and directed it towards their CB

Smithy89

He's a disgrace, not only can he not play football but cupping your ears at a championship side after they bopped you off the park. Is he taking the piss?

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
You literally can't know that.....
Some of us have indees seen pictures of their actions during the shoot out cupping ears and shushing. If you seriously think they wouldn't have ramped it up in event of a win, with the world revelling in their glee. You are to trusting, IMHO

But that's that. We can actualy agree to disagree. I'm just glad we all didn't experience the pure horror of losing that tie.

Wilt

He's a disgrace, not only can he not play football but cupping your ears at a championship side after they bopped you off the park. Is he taking the piss?
just a moron acting like a moron