2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Roboc7

Another one to try and sell to Saudi Arabia, he’s been a huge flop and just looks nowhere near good enough.

Skills

Snitch
Another one to try and sell to Saudi Arabia, he’s been a huge flop and just looks nowhere near good enough.
Why would the Saudi's sign him? They sign famous/popular players, over the hill but at least something of a reputation. What has he done to be a target for a Saudi club?

Pickle85

I was hoping he'd get sent off in an already lost game. Would have taken the option away from the manager of playing him.
Part of me was hoping he'd get some comeuppance too. It was weird because Doku didn't even seem to be winding him up, beyond just being far better at football.

kirk buttercup

I had hopes for him , but he is dreadful. I'm done with him . What professional footballer can only use one foot in the modern day ? He is a sham . I would say showboat with tricks but he doesn't even do that. Waste of time and money

BarryWinks

Some of you will look back and be embarrassed by your posts in this thread today.

Fine, he's not all he was cracked up to be (we told you then but you convinced yourselves he would come good), but getting mad at a player for showing some emotion when his team was getting battered by their bitter rivals at home?

What was he supposed to do? Take it meekly like the rest of our lot?

We moan here all week about players not caring, not showing passion, not playing for the badge, and you will turn on someone that at least showed some fire today?

His thread shouldn't even be bumped today given how few minutes he had to impact anything.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why are people picking on him when he came on for 5 minutes and basically was as frustrated as us fans?

I appreciate him for showing a little fire atleast. Why does the caf hate people who show passion?
Show passion? All he showed is what his we all know, he’s a shit footballer with an immature little dog syndrome

Valencia Shin Crosses

Might be the single biggest mistake of Ten Hag's reign blowing the budget on this clown. And also the single biggest issue with continuing to trust him, because if he really couldn't see how painfully average/limited Antony was as a footballer while having him in his old team, then he can't evaluate talent for shit.

Sylar

Tbh no real big issues with today.
It's the general play from him that we've seen upto this point where we know this is as good as it probably gets.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Why did he not start, and was only brought in 5 fecking minutes before the end of the match, today, against City? EtH explained Varane missing, but he was never asked about Antony.

I said many times that James looks as a player who won a lottery to play for Man Utd. BUT, feck me if Antony is an upgrade.
Antony does 10x more defensively. Some would argue he is also way better than Dan James offensively, if he wasn't so one-footed and was a good finisher, but without going into that debate - Antony's defensive work is clearly much better than anything anybody has ever seen from Dan James.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Why are people picking on him when he came on for 5 minutes and basically was as frustrated as us fans?

I appreciate him for showing a little fire atleast. Why does the caf hate people who show passion?
Can't believe I scrolled past two pages of angry post-match comments before I read one like this that I could somewhat relate to.
Would really have enjoyed watching a City player chin him one. And he would have deserved it too.
Wtf? :lol: this kind of shit has to be unique to the caf. I can't imagine going on an Everton forum after they lost to Liverpool and seeing their fans saying "I would've loved it if Van Dijk chinned one of our players. Would've served him right for doing a nasty challenge. What does he think this is, a local derby or something?!"

lsd

The Oracle
Why did he not start, and was only brought in 5 fecking minutes before the end of the match, today, against City? EtH explained Varane missing, but he was never asked about Antony.

Antony does 10x more defensively. Some would argue he is also way better than Dan James offensively, if he wasn't so one-footed and was a good finisher, but without going into that debate - Antony's defensive work is clearly much better than anything anybody has ever seen from Dan James.

No to everything you just said and Dan James is infinitely better than Antony yet wasn't good enough for us.

We spent 90 million on a slower less effective version who couldn't cross if his life was on the line

Oscar Bonavena

I'm going to try to be as fair as possible to him. When he does play, he gives 100% workrate and energy on the right wing which is more than can be said of a lot of the players. But he offers next to nothing from an attacking point of view, mainly because he's too one footed and does the exact same thing every time he gets the ball. Any moderately competent Championship level left back could mark him out of a game, I'm convinced of it.

Having said that, against a team like City where we need all hands on deck defensively, I'd still pick him on the right wing ahead of Bruno. City got so much joy down that side it was embarrassing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a signing. Even Chelsea must be envious of the ‘talent’ we pay big money for.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
He's a dirty scumbag, He was already shaking his head when Garnacho and Reguilon come on as sub before him, and when he did come on he looked as motivated as the guy, who drew the japanese flag.
Less is more :lol:.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Well at least most of you now agree with me when I said he was overrated, and a dislikable cnut.
I said the same thing, and went into detail about why he'd be a bad signing, and got nothing but abuse and comments like "will Yagami ever be happy with a transfer" as if we had an excellent window or something. Now, it's generally accepted that his first transfer window was as bad as this summers.

Lyng

I am sick and tired of our supposed offensvie players only being judged on what they do on the defense. If they did their job they wouldnt have to work as hard defensively. James actually had pace and would get goals and assists. yes he wasnt good enough for us, but he at least looked like a decent player. Antony offers nothing as a winger.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What's weird is that there are still people who thinks he is very talented and think he offers us something special on that right wing. How hard is to admit you were wrong and that he is nowhere near good enough?

Probably same people who find every excuse for our manager and our shite results. I mean, it was obvious after one month that we wasted money on him, he looked very one dimensional, and very untalented, it's funny how some people expected him to become much batter player based on nothing. Player who shoots that often and scores so little shouldn't be relied to play every week.

Signing and playing him every week should be sackable offence, IMO. If this transfer wasn't so early into his tenure, I would question Ten Hag's intentions. It's quite obvious Ten Hag should never ever be responsible for his transfers again because he simply has no idea how to pick good players on the market.

Redlyn

Wouldn't trust ETH with any more money. He
watched Antony day in day out at his old club and actually thought he would be a good player for us to be signed with big money.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
ETH needs his veto taken away for this massive blunder. Antony is ours worst signing up there with Sancho.

soapythecat

I’ve despised him since that wankish behaviour against Charlton (I think) in the cup last season, where he did the pointless 360 thing. What a cnut. He’s got the most punchable face in world football.
How the hell anyone thought he was a good buy needs firing.

Obligatory Nigel

I've been a vocal supporter of ETH but if there is one signing that massively calls into question his judgement it's this one. A thoroughly unlikeable and absolutely bang average footballer. ETH needs to hold his hand up in this one and say he made a mistake.

Oranges038

Why would the Saudi's sign him? They sign famous/popular players, over the hill but at least something of a reputation. What has he done to be a target for a Saudi club?
He could show them a thing or two about how to treat women...

MadMike

Sadly a monstrous waste of money. We just don’t seem to be able to sign a good RW. James, Sancho, now Antony. Money and time down the drain

M16Red

How much did Villa pay for Diaby?
€55 million

Big fan of him for while now.

From 27th August 2020

I'm a huge fan of Januzaj, but sadly he has not kicked on at all. When ever I watch him, I find myself more excited by Alexander Isak he is a target man that likes to link up play.

My favourite at the moment is Moussa Diaby for that RW spot if Sancho is not achievable

He reminds me of another player who plays in red and is a very powerful runner and explosive

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Should have done that fidget spinner move in the last minute. Just what the game yesterday lacked to fully complete the utter shitshow we've all witnessed.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
7 games this season, 0 goals, 0 assists, 2 yellow cards.

Well done Ten Hag, well done...
He has more bookings (7) then goal involvements (6) in the Premier League.

He is absolutely dogshit. Probably the worst winger to have ever played more then 50 games for us.... with his only competition for that title being another winger still at the club that we signed for an absurd amount of money.

Putting all banter aside

I remember being called out last season when I said that I genuinely didn't understand one iota of this signing. He wasn't special at Ajax, he never showed the level that is required to excel in the Eredivisie, let alone the Premier League. I was criticized for a biased view because of being a Feyenoord fan, but everyone viewing the Eredivisie regularly knew this. And we paid 85 million pounds for a player that is bang average for Dutch league standards and straight out disappointing on Premier League levels.