2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Flying high

If it's even slightly understandable then it's not a rea,lly an obvious error thus they don't overturn it, as I understand the rules that's what they are supposed to do it would have been far worse if the ref hadn't given it and VAR said yes a pen
Only understandable in terms of a wrong side challenge at speed. But it was a clear dive so no excuse not to over turn it.

frostbite

Fantastic assist! However, it was from the right side using his left foot, I doubt he can do this consistently. It is not like he will become the new Beckham. Actually, it is a bad sign that he is crossing from the right using his left foot. Sure, he got it right today, but he will get it wrong most of the time, it is just too unnatural to cross this way.

Also, he gave them the penalty. I wouldn't call this a good performance. Perhaps it was a "good performance" for Antony if we take into account how bad he has been, but it wasn't a good performance for a Man Utd right midfielder.

SAF is the GOAT

Fantastic assist! However, it was from the right side using his left foot, I doubt he can do this consistently. It is not like he will become the new Beckham. Actually, it is a bad sign that he is crossing from the right using his left foot. Sure, he got it right today, but he will get it wrong most of the time, it is just too unnatural to cross this way.

Also, he gave them the penalty. I wouldn't call this a good performance. Perhaps it was a "good performance" for Antony if we take into account how bad he has been, but it wasn't a good performance for a Man Utd right midfielder.
Why ? Quaresma did it for years

gaffs

New flash. Antony is one footed.

We know this. Give him some props for a great assist and a decent game.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Really good performance. Great work rate. A bit naive in the own box but I prefer wingers who try to help defending the whole game even if things like that happen.

aeh1991

Some people here are too easy to please. A not bad performance and all of his bad games are forgotten. He made a great assist, other than that he was okay and caused a pen.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really love those sort of crosses. Did well but still isn't good enough for the club.

Kostov

I was shocked to see him play a good game. Pleased for him, I hope he changes everyone's mind and finds a useful role in the team.

zurnalist

First time you could see what his value to the team could be. He overplayed Cucurella completely. It helps that Cucurella is an awful leftback. Not putting my money on this happening a lot with competent defenders though.

Patchbeard

I think he was helped by the fact Cucurella is really bad, never realised just how bad he was until last night! Antony is hardly rapid and has struggled to beat pretty much every other Premier League full back for pace but he was easily beating him in a foot race. Definitely gave him confidence whereas usually you see him stop trying to take on the full back early on. Hopefully he can take some confidence to the next game but he looked so gutted at the end that I actually really felt for him. He's definitely invested in the club, I'll give him that.

soapythecat

Good assist aside, he was pretty average at best and that was one of his better performances too. No pace, no penetration and slows down the play by cutting back pretty much every time. Useless winger and sums up ETH style of football perfectly - pointless.

frostbite

It is amazing how our expectations change our perception.

Dalot had a great assist and gave away a penalty and we all think he had a terrible night. Antony did about the same, and some people think he was great ... only because he is usually even worse than that and we expect nothing from him!

dogwithabone

He has to play off the cuff, instinctively. Give him too much thinking time and it’s like he is overcome by a mental and physical block - his brain and feet just don’t work in tandem.

Wilt

No half decent manager would want him

£86m down the pan

UpWithRivers

Exactly what I was thinking. Its like his curled efforts from the edge if the box. Nice when it goes in but you have to do the bread and butter stuff first not rely on wonder passes and shots every 30 games.

Mike Smalling

Quite a bit better than usual. The assist was really good, but outside of that I liked how he kept it simple and made several good passes to the other wing or in the spaces around the box. And he managed to have some good dribbles against Cucurella.

The penalty was naive, but not blatant. A bit unfortunate.

RedIan

One of his better games and he ran unlike Rashford who he replaced but still a long way off proving himself.

GledTheRed

Very good last night, wasn't a pen either, cnuty ref couldn't wait to blow up and VAR check took seconds.

Officaitiong standards are abysmal.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Didn’t like his reaction at the end of the game. Tough and ludicrous way to lose but it’s not the World Cup final. Gets too emotional.
Dear me the state of you, would you rather he was all smiles after a loss?

Zoo

Dear me the state of you, would you rather he was all smiles after a loss?
Just something I’ve noticed with him. Gets a bit too emotional when he misses and on the rare occasion he scores or does something positive he over-celebrates when it should be the norm. Needs a bit more of the swagger and belief that Garnacho regularly shows.

C'est Moi Cantona

Just something I’ve noticed with him. Gets a bit too emotional when he misses and on the rare occasion he scores or does something positive he over-celebrates when it should be the norm. Needs a bit more of the swagger and belief that Garnacho regularly shows.
You're right, it's just he had a decent game yesterday so it's apparently not allowed to say anything negative about him until he plays crap again, (so shouldn't be long to wait at least.)

The assist was great, but it got lost in the madness at the end of the game, and that must be hard to take given the season he's had.

Oscar Bonavena

Credit where due, he was good last night. One of the very few games where he seemed willing to take on the FB on the outside rather than cut back onto his left and slow down the whole attack. Maybe he fancied himself for pace against Cucurella but we need to see him do this every game.

That cross was out of this world. Not sure if it's something that can be replicated every game! But at least we know he has that in his locker.

He was unlucky with the pen, but showed his workrate to get back and help the defence.

If he was a 20 million signing from the Dutch league we'd probably consider him a decent squad player, but the price tag he came for is killing him, he's never going to be able to justify it.

Matt851

Decent performance but don't have a great deal of faith he can back it up against fullbacks that aren't cucurella

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Fair to say he’s having a difficult year, no? Which might explain why he’s a wee bit emotional from time to time.

poleglass red

Great assist but he was at fault for the pen and their full back hurt us with his attacks. He's not good enough. Id argue thats his best performance for us yet he still conceded a pk n got destroyed by their full back in failing to track back.People say Dalot is our player of the season, maybe, but that's not saying much. He's not good enough for a genuine title challenging team.same with Anthony

Kramer

Dalot had a great assist and gave away a penalty and we all think he had a terrible night. Antony did about the same, and some people think he was great ... only because he is usually even worse than that and we expect nothing from him!
You’re absolutely right. That’s how the brain works unfortunately.

Thing with Dalot’s penalty is also the time in the game he gave it away. A pity.

Dalot had a great assist and gave away a penalty and we all think he had a terrible night.
feck me, for a start Dalot cost us the game with 2 stupid moments in extra time, he’s a defender but got absolutely rinsed on the outside.
But aside from that, the ”night” consisted of more than two moments for each of them, so why on Earth would you pretend their nights consisted solely of giving away a pen and having an assist?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He is under a tremendous amount of pressure to perform and it wouldn't be a surprise if he felt every minute he's getting was an audition to keep his place in the team, if not the club itself.

He's of an age profile where you'd expect he's wholly plugged into social media and is fully aware of all the brutal things that have been said about him, his game and his worthiness to being a United player.

You say the swagger of Garnacho, but Garnacho has every reason to have that swagger and feel he's on the up. He has been lauded for his performance level this season and for the most part, not only does he receive glowing praise for his good games; his bad ones are barely even spoken about.

The pair of them are about as close to two halves in a Black Mirror episode as you could get in our squad, so it should be a given they feel and carry themselves as they do currently. Not only that, if Antony had that swagger of someone doing well, it'd be another stick to beat him with; just who does he think he is!? Rolling off the tongue for many.

Antony is currently playing for stakes that don't exist in Garnacho's world.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Exactly what I was thinking. Its like his curled efforts from the edge if the box. Nice when it goes in but you have to do the bread and butter stuff first not rely on wonder passes and shots every 30 games.
Which is why it’s strange his critics are overlooking the bread and butter stuff he did in this game, regularly beating his man and bringing the team up the pitch, playing the right passes in the build up, pressing effectively etc. He didn’t just assist the 3rd goal, he played an important part in the 2nd goal when he brought the ball under control quickly and pinged it out to Garnacho, maintaining the pace in the counter attack and choosing the right pass. And in the 1st goal he closed off Caicedo’s passing options down the line and forcing him to go back inside.

These are hardly one offs. Antony’s defensive workrate and possession play are better than the average winger, he does a lot of the mundane stuff well. He brings a balance to the team and allows us to win and retain the ball high up the pitch better. It’s just his attempts to make a difference in the final third have been mostly terrible, and over time his confidence has fallen off a cliff and dragged his whole game down. So it’s completely appropriate that people are focusing on him making a difference in the final third here.

lysglimt

Scout

No because he worked his socks off and were involved in all 3 United-goals. People only remember Caicedos mistake leading up to our first goal - but what Antony did to keep that ball in play was outstanding.

msjmohd83

we praise if he plays good in a game, critic him if he don't. no need to remind us he had a bad season or not worth the money spent on him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
we praise if he plays good in a game, critic him if he don't. no need to remind us he had a bad season or not worth the money spent on him.
Except worth is calculated on aggregate. One good game in so many games doesnt make you a good player, not even worth given more time.

He's still a shit player. One good game dont change it