2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Jeffthered

Give him some credit, he was better than 'usual' Antony, which isn't much at all. But it doesn't change much, unfortunately.

Antony needs to see the season out and find a more suitable club. You can't seriously think he is a credible player in a team with genuine ambitions to challenge for big titles. He's just not good enough.

aeh1991

He was good against Liverpool too..
Maybe he is getting back to form ?
Probably, but getting back to form means that he will still be not good enough to be a starter for a top 6 club. At the moment we should start him but he hopefully doesnt have a big future here.

youngrell

He is under a tremendous amount of pressure to perform and it wouldn't be a surprise if he felt every minute he's getting was an audition to keep his place in the team, if not the club itself.

He's of an age profile where you'd expect he's wholly plugged into social media and is fully aware of all the brutal things that have been said about him, his game and his worthiness to being a United player.

You say the swagger of Garnacho, but Garnacho has every reason to have that swagger and feel he's on the up. He has been lauded for his performance level this season and for the most part, not only does he receive glowing praise for his good games; his bad ones are barely even spoken about.

The pair of them are about as close to two halves in a Black Mirror episode as you could get in our squad, so it should be a given they feel and carry themselves as they do currently. Not only that, if Antony had that swagger of someone doing well, it'd be another stick to beat him with; just who does he think he is!? Rolling off the tongue for many.

Antony is currently playing for stakes that don't exist in Garnacho's world.
You’re right, he’s on a hiding to nothing with everything you’ve said plus his price tag, legal troubles and the fact he’s seen as some kind of teacher’s pet of the manager who everyone here currently hates.

He didn’t do much wrong vs Chelsea, had a very strong game. Was even unlucky with the penalty where he made an excellent defensive run to take Cucarella out of the attack but made a fatal error in slowing up at the last moment thinking he’d already cut off the angle for the pass and found himself the wrong side. He worked extremely hard to make amends for that.

Man Utd 2:2 Liverpool New

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He had a great chance on his left right at the end. Would have loved for him to score it.

He also always seems to win his battles vs Diaz which is great to see.

RonaldoVII

Thought he did well when he came on that includes defensively. Needed to shut his mouth a bit sooner though or he'd have been off. Amrabat probably saved him

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Loved it when he hunted down Dias and robbed the ball off him a minute or two after coming on. You could sense the lift it gave the whole stadium, which rubbed off on the rest of the team for a few minutes after that. Compare and contrast with the desire shown by another wide attacker who was subbed on in our last match.

I’m a simple person, I want my team to be full of players who work that hard to win the ball back when we don’t have it. Not a lot to ask, is it?

Cabin Clown

I like Antony's attitude. Doesn't dwell that he's on the bench. Comes on and gives everything. Hopefully this is the start of him coming into some form.

Leethal

I don’t know what’s worse. The cnuts making shit up on Twitter to grow their followers, or the whoppers that believe it.

And in regard to them posting leaks and being correct. Mate, they post that much bullshit, eventually one will end up being close to the reality. Throw enough shit against the wall, and eventually some will stick.

Captmfla

Yes Antony's attitude is amazing. Just play when you have the chance. Don't whine like Sancho or Ronaldo.

SAF is the GOAT

Good WHAT ? What are you talking about ?

mu4c_20le

His goal did arguably derail Liverpool's season, fair play to the lad for milking it as much as possible

RuudTom83

Sounds like he is in a good place. Makes a change to read an article or quotes that are not completely negative.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Sounds like he is in a good place. Makes a change to read an article or quotes that are not completely negative.
Exactly, he may not be of the standard required but his attitude is something one or two other players could learn from

Wilt

Antony 2 goals from 33 appearances

Cole Palmer 4 goals in 64 minutes

Red Regista

Exactly, he may not be of the standard required but his attitude is something one or two other players could learn from
That's why he should be played as a wing back, Frimpong style. He has the attitude to do it. positioning can be taught during the pre-season.
Shaw is too injury prone to be the regular starter, AWB and Malacia are probably not good enough, Dalot needs a counterpart on the other side.
Antony has the hunger and some offensive capabilities. He'd make a decent wingback if properly coached.

We should switch to a 3-5-2 during summer imo it's just better for a struggling defensive team like us and also provides enough offensive capabilities.

24/25

Antony----------------------------------------------------------------------------Dalot
-------------Martinez----------Varane or Maguire-----------new CB

mu4c_20le

That was his highlight of the game unfortunately, the lad had to make his mark

Superunknown

I don't like him. I've tried. I just don't. I don't enjoy watching him, I don't look forward to seeing him in the starting 11 and I don't like him as a sub. I want him to go.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Embarassing human and player. Can't wait til we boot him out of the club, doesn't deserve to wear the badge

Malone_Post

I don't like him. I've tried. I just don't. I don't enjoy watching him, I don't look forward to seeing him in the starting 11 and I don't like him as a sub. I want him to go.
He’s a detestable human being and a fecking awful footballer to boot.

SER19

Worst game he’s had for us yet?

Sorry but they're grown men and their keeper was giving it plenty, as was wright. Can only assume they were at it on half way line too for him to be bothered

Superunknown

He’s a detestable human being and a fecking awful footballer to boot.
I can't find any redeeming qualities and I can't find a reason why we should persevere with him.

The only reason I think he may be here next year is because nobody else will have him.

binary bot
3-1 up, Dalot does the exact thing he did for the opener, Antony ignores him for his trademark shot. They go up and score.

The only way he has a chance is as a player who works hard and keeps possession. He’s not good enough to play the way he does.

mu4c_20le

Sorry but they're grown men and their keeper was giving it plenty, as was wright. Can only assume they were at it on half way line too for him to be bothered
Think it's more about the mentality, the rest of the team celebrated quietly and walked off after an embarrassing game while the first thing in his mind is giving it back. He's small time and should be at a club like Spurs, Everton, Forest.

Nick7

Given he’s a €100m player and played worse than just about every single Coventry player he should have more pressing matters to attend to than giving it large to them. It’s just incredibly fecking small time to be doing that after pens in a game where we blew a 3-0 lead against a Championship side.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
If nobody wants him in the summer, terminate his contract.
Despicable idiot.

SER19

Given he’s a €100m player and played worse than just about every single Coventry player he should have more pressing matters to attend to than giving it large to them. It’s just incredibly fecking small time to be doing that after pens in a game where we blew a 3-0 lead against a Championship side.
What if it was at the fans who chanted rapist at him? Despite never being accused of or charged with that detestable crime. Note I don't know if they were but away fans have been all season