Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

He is the highest boss of football department of de telegraaf and columnist. Reliable.

But there is also news from Algemeen Dagblad that Spurs are interested in ziyech... would ajax sell if they can't get him?
Yeah isn't that Conceicao guy meant to be his replacement

Isle

Have to admire Mullock & Jones who are the only two journos who think we splash the cash. Our own ones are clearly adopting a more cautious approach on transfer activity
They have been very reliable all throughout the summer, it seems like they have good contact either at Club or ETH camp.

RedCurry

For the first time since this transfer rumour I cared to watch his YouTube video. Are we signing the next Neymar?

MinGin

Sancho will get 7 when Ronnie fecks off I’d imagine. Greenwood’s number should be available. FDJ will get 21.

plus is Phil leaves, Varane could take 4 freeing up 19 for Gakpo.
I do not want Varane to wear #4 when you look back our injury record of #4 in past 20 years :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Antony AND Gakpo... ?

I really only see both if Ronaldo leaves. I mean Rashford, Sancho, Martial, Ronaldo, and Antony seems pretty robust with enough depth to me.

Thoughts?
I think Ronaldo will somehow go. Then adding those two makes sense. And it isn't that big a deal when you considering Ronaldo's enormous wages.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
£80m is insane, but we did pay that much for an actual fridge
If he's the best left footed RW available let's get it done. It will give us so much balance and a great tactical option to hurt teams with.

dal

I actually think that we could sign Antony and Gakpo (if Ronaldo leaves), I also firmly believe that if FDJ is available we WILL sign him at the cost if Maguire joining chelsea for c.£50 million. I know its not like for like and it probably leaves us short but I think we would be ok with that for a year.

Zlatans Knee

Apart from Joel Glazer’s cheeky attempt to create a red cafe account @Zlatans Knee, it seems most see a great player despite ridiculous price.
I didn’t see anyone claiming he was not a great player, just that we should try to get him for the best price possible and not pay any more than we have to. that is what idiots do. But I can tell by your user name that this conversation is wasted on you.

croadyman

I didn’t see anyone claiming he was not a great player, just that we should try to get him for the best price possible and not pay any more than we have to. that is what idiots do. But I can tell by your user name that this conversation is wasted on you.
Convinced it would have been lower earlier

Real Name

Will give us another option and depth in attack, him on the right, Sancho on the left, Martial and Rashford competing for number 9 spot and any one of them can play across the 3 forward positions.

WirralRed

Hope we can get this over the line in time for him to be on the bench for the weekend but I doubt it, maybe done in time for him to watch like Casamerio. Maybe we can keep this up and get another one in the following week!

Ludens the Red

Hasn’t covered himself in glory to be honest. Skipping training and then posting himself watching the United Liverpool game. Can’t imagine Ajax fans would be too impressed. Looks a good player but yeah my previous question mark over him was he seemed a little pricky and his behaviour the last few weeks has proven that.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He is the highest boss of football department of de telegraaf and columnist. Reliable.

But there is also news from Algemeen Dagblad that Spurs are interested in ziyech... would ajax sell if they can't get him?
Doubt Chelsea would sell to Spurs.

Judas

Open to offers
Hasn’t covered himself in glory to be honest. Skipping training and then posting himself watching the United Liverpool game. Can’t imagine Ajax fans would be too impressed. Looks a good player but yeah my previous question mark over him was he seemed a little pricky and his behaviour the last few weeks has proven that.
Yep. I love him :drool: storming into the Ajax board room shouting DADDY DADDY WANT WANT WANT TO LEAVE! it's beautiful. A true love story.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I agree. Sure it's nice to see a player ready to go to war to play for us, but it's just unprofessional and frankly a dick move, not impressive

OrcaFat

He has a very decisive style - he doesn’t seem to hover about wondering what to do. He gets his head up and sees passes. He’s quick and skilful and can beat players with pace or tricks. I like the look of him.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Erm, Berbatov did the same when fecking Levy wouldn’t let him join us.
What the hell does “covering yourself in glory” mean in this situation ffs.
He wants to be United player and he’s making it clear.
Only way you could be frustrated by this is if you’re Ajax fan.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Erm, Berbatov did the same when fecking Levy wouldn’t let him join us.
What the hell does “covering yourself in glory” mean in this situation ffs.
He wants to be United player and he’s making it clear.
Only way you could be frustrated by this is if you’re Ajax fan.
And yet Ronaldo was hammered for missing preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.