Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Anustart89

I am three episodes into Bodies on netflix and so far really good. Episodes fly by. Maybe the cinematography could be better in certain scenes. But still really good.
Finished this a couple of days ago. Stays very good pretty much all the way through.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Just started the Morning Show, seems good. Steve Carell has managed to already make himself detestable in my eyes which shows how good an actor he is cos I just want to hug him most of the time.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Just started the Morning Show, seems good. Steve Carell has managed to already make himself detestable in my eyes which shows how good an actor he is cos I just want to hug him most of the time.
The first season is excellent and the last few episodes really kick it up a notch. Second is disappointing. I’ve heard the third is a bit better again then.

Heardy

Just started Succession.

Does this get better? Someone recommended it but 4 episodes in I just don’t get it.

The Tom character is a fecking idiot - I just can’t work out the appeal of the show atm.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Just started Succession.

Does this get better? Someone recommended it but 4 episodes in I just don’t get it.

The Tom character is a fecking idiot - I just can’t work out the appeal of the show atm.
I didn't expect to enjoy it but it was excellent.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just started Succession.

Stick with it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just started Succession.

Keep on trucking. It'll win you over.

Tarrou

Just started Succession.

if you don't like Tom just quit the show and there's probably something wrong with you

caid

Just started Succession.

The appeal is them insulting each other, fecking up and being awful. If you dont like the first 4 episodes (and tom who's about the most likable character) you wont like the rest. Its just more of the same really. Brian Cox is quite fun to watch, dont know if hes had a meaningful roll in any of the episodes you watched.

fergosaurus

Just got around to watching Happy Valley (crime drama set in Yorkshire). Two seasons in and it's excellent, the first season in particular was outstanding. It's on BBC iPlayer.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
if you don't like Tom just quit the show and there's probably something wrong with you
Tom was an utter wanker as were all the main characters. That you hate them all and still want to watch to the end makes this exceptional tv imo.

Tarrou

Tom was an utter wanker as were all the main characters. That you hate them all and still want to watch to the end makes this exceptional tv imo.
yeah that was the entire point, they were all massive cnuts… but massively entertaining massive cnuts all the same and Tom was the like the Messi of massive cnuts on steroids

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
yeah that was the entire point, they were all massive cnuts… but massively entertaining massive cnuts all the same and Tom was the like the Messi of massive cnuts on steroids
Even when any of them occasionally seemed to display a nicer side it wasn't long before they returned to being massive cnuts.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I’m watching The Informer on BBC right now. It’s pretty good. But I am absolutely battered so perhaps not the best judge.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just started Succession.

I had the same problem. Couldn’t get into it at all. Hated all of them and didn’t give a shit what happened to them. It felt pointless to keep watching a show where I didn’t care about any of the characters. Gave up at about the same point you’re at.

Bobski

Blue Eyed Samurai is phenomenal, watch it. Whomever is in charge of the animated side of Netflix is killing it, the first Castlevania's were good, then Arcane and this are among the very best shows on Netflix.

Loon

:lol:
After coming to it late, I'm now starting the final series of THE AMERICANS. Tremendous show.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
After coming to it late, I'm now starting the final series of THE AMERICANS. Tremendous show.
I loved it. Great conclusion too.

Finally started watching Babylon Berlin myself. Captivating! Just finished S2 yesterday … being born in Berlin myself it got that extra bounce.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Blue Eyed Samurai is phenomenal, watch it. Whomever is in charge of the animated side of Netflix is killing it, the first Castlevania's were good, then Arcane and this are among the very best shows on Netflix.
It’s absolutely brilliant. Definitely scratches the Arcane itch. @Pogue Mahone i think you liked Arcane?

sherrinford

Just got around to watching Happy Valley (crime drama set in Yorkshire). Two seasons in and it's excellent, the first season in particular was outstanding. It's on BBC iPlayer.
You'll like season three - they stick the landing. Some gripping stuff.

sherrinford

I though it got worse each season. I enjoyed season 3 enough to finish it but I'm not sure why but I wasn't that enthralled by the end.
I think if pressed I would say the first season is the best, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the other two. As I said, I found it quite gripping and found myself to be very invested in how it all worked out. My wife remained keen too which was nice as she's extremely prone to losing interest in a show after starting it. Think she was rooting for Tommy throughout. Weirdo.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Great show. As someone said, a solid ending.
I didn't like the last season much. I loved the early seasons but by the end I was watching to see what happened at the end after having invested time watching the earlier seasons.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I enjoyed this a lot as well. The episodes were well done and even if the premise isn't original, it was very compelling. Episode 8 definitely felt influenced by Ninja Scroll which was cool but I liked the last few scenes and how it was left open for a second season.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It’s absolutely brilliant. Definitely scratches the Arcane itch. @Pogue Mahone i think you liked Arcane?

So if I know nothing about League of Legends would I still find Arcane interesting if I liked Blue Eyed Samurai? I skipped it because it was based on that video game.