Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I'm looking forward to this Shogun miniseries coming soon. Trailers look good.
On that same theme. Try Warrior on Max. About the Tong wars in San Francisco and it was originally Bruce Lee’s idea which of course never materialized. A very good watch.

Hamnat

Is anyone giving Halo s2 a try? I just watched episode 3 and I can't make up my mind really if I like it or not.

Big Andy

Bloke
My missus wanted to was Alrawabi School For Girls on Netflix, so we watched it last week, was actually decent for a TV programme about Jordanian school girls. The revenge plot was good and was a decent watch in the end for something I was thinking would be absolutely shite.

7/10, add a bonus point for the cockney voice over for one of the girls brothers. Was like an Eastenders character.
Season 2 is out and I’m now fully invested in another set of Jordanian schoolgirls and their quest to be popular.

They’ve still got the cockney voice overs as well for the blokes which is a bonus.

Superden

just finished Loudermilk. thought it was a brilliant series, but just jumped the shark in the last 2 eps. seen online that they knew it wasnt likely to be renewed and other things going on behind the scenes...

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Was happily watching Slow Horses and then after episode 6 I see; "Next season..."

Fecking Brits and their short but sweet series. I thought I was in for 10 or 13 episode seasons. Bastards.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
One Day

On Netflix. The novel has already been made into a movie (which I haven’t seen). Nor have I read the book. On paper, I should have hated this. But I kind of loved it. Romantic and nostalgic and sweet. With some great performances. Including the cockney wide boy from White Lotus, playing a very different character. Definitely recommended.

Last edited:

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
Yes, this is the original Chinese version. Available now on US Amazon Prime Video for free, it is included with Amazon Prime subscription. I don't know about Europe.

https://www.amazon.com/Three-Body-EP01/dp/B0B6787SGP

I think they are making an American version (remake?) but I am not sure about this. I watched the Chinese version on Amazon and it was excellent!
Yeah there is an "official" adaptation being made, which will be aired on Netflix.

Gavinb33

Saw this article that recommended watching "Spooks" if someone likes Slow Horses:
https://screenrant.com/slow-horses-season-4-spooks-perfect-replacement/

Has anyone watched that show and is it actually any good?
Spooks was a great show for its time, the 1st seasons won't have held up well imo but the latter ones should be fine, the Lucas North storyline is one of my favourite ever from any series, also Peter Firth as Harry Pearce one of TVs greatest casting calls so good

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
There is a show that I assume everyone agrees is a must watch every season every episode - Planet Earth. Just started Planet Earth 3 . It never gets old.

pauldyson1uk

Finished another re-watch of Babylon 5 and has always there is great sadness watching that last ep.
Season 1 put down the foundations of a cracking series.
Season 2-4 Brillant, there is so many stand out eps. Comes the Inquisitor with Jack the Ripper my favorite.
Season 5 gets a lot of slatting, but I really enjoy it, there is some outstanding eps , the Bryon storyline was IMHO boring, The Centauri War story was brillant, with The Fall of Centauri Prime being the best and for me up there with the best of B5.
The films were OK over all, In The Beginning and A Call to Arms being the standouts, I also like the Lost Tales.
Crusade was an OK watch, a few good eps in there, too much filler.
The main core of Sheridan,Delenn,Garibaldi, Ivanova , Steven, Londo, G'Kar and Vir, were excellent.
I have to say G'kar is my favourite character, closely followed by Londo and Vir, who I think on occasions stole the show, his monologue to Mr Morden was just epic.
And then there is the last EP , for me the best ending of any series I have watched, if was film and acted perfectly.

WPMUFC

I think this is the best "conspiracy theory but really anti-conspiracy theory" docu-series i've seen. It gets into the world of what happens when some things are true and weird people get involved in government/corporate circles, but in reality they are just crazy people that were used by these circles and nothing is actually connected. Which is then picked up on by a journalist that just can't handle it and spiral down their own whirlpools of trying to "connect the dots"

HIGHLY recommend!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Apple TV love their sci-fi. Constellation any good?
Pretty good yes. Had a creepy vibe and if you like Sci-fi, you should enjoy this.
just finished Loudermilk. thought it was a brilliant series, but just jumped the shark in the last 2 eps. seen online that they knew it wasnt likely to be renewed and other things going on behind the scenes...
Brilliant series.
Watched the first episode of Slow Horses. Feel like I'll love this. Very good opening episode.
Superb show. The turnaround between seasons is rapid.
Is anyone watching Resident Alien on Netflix?
Yes, perfectly enjoyable. Plenty of laughs.
Anybody watching Shogun? Has good reviews for the first two episodes
Watched through episode three last night. Maybe the best thing on TV right now.

Roosney

Tehran on Apple TV is quite good. Season 1 was solid, well written agent drama thou it had a corny scene here and there but nothing too silly.
Two episodes into the second season, maybe quality has dipped a bit but still enjoying it a lot.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Tehran on Apple TV is quite good. Season 1 was solid, well written agent drama thou it had a corny scene here and there but nothing too silly.
Two episodes into the second season, maybe quality has dipped a bit but still enjoying it a lot.
I read horny scene here and there and got excited. Then I re-read it.

parkthebuslads

Finished another re-watch of Babylon 5 and has always there is great sadness watching that last ep.
Season 1 put down the foundations of a cracking series.
Season 2-4 Brillant, there is so many stand out eps. Comes the Inquisitor with Jack the Ripper my favorite.
Season 5 gets a lot of slatting, but I really enjoy it, there is some outstanding eps , the Bryon storyline was IMHO boring, The Centauri War story was brillant, with The Fall of Centauri Prime being the best and for me up there with the best of B5.
The films were OK over all, In The Beginning and A Call to Arms being the standouts, I also like the Lost Tales.
Crusade was an OK watch, a few good eps in there, too much filler.
The main core of Sheridan,Delenn,Garibaldi, Ivanova , Steven, Londo, G'Kar and Vir, were excellent.
I have to say G'kar is my favourite character, closely followed by Londo and Vir, who I think on occasions stole the show, his monologue to Mr Morden was just epic.
And then there is the last EP , for me the best ending of any series I have watched, if was film and acted perfectly.
Have you read the three book trilogies? JMS helped with them and thus they are considered "cannon". I really enjoyed the Centauri and technomage ones in particular.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I'm about halfway through Pachinko and it's absolutely amazing. Packs a real emotional punch after introducing and fleshing out the characters in the first couple of episodes, and the transition between 2 different eras is handled seemlessly. It's wonderful.