Arsenal 2017/2018

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
This Arsenal side are just missing one key player: Cazorla. The way he used to control our midfield was outstanding.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Id love them to spank City, most of their players have had a rest, they played a second string side vs Red Star Belgrade. So they should be coming into this game with some freshness and intensity to their play.

Wenger should have them well up for this.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Id love them to spank City, most of their players have had a rest, they played a second string side vs Red Star Belgrade. So they should be coming into this game with some freshness and intensity to their play.

Wenger should have them well up for this.
You know we will look jaded and tired, don't you? :lol:

OneUnited24

Dont know why but I have a hunch that this Arsenal side is gonna shut up many critics this season. Wenger's got something brewing at the Emirates, but again it is just a hunch.
I can't see it. I'd love it if they got something out of tomorrows game but they just dont have a good enough squad. Or first team for that matter. Sanchez looks half the player he was last, probably because he'll be off soon. Ozil has flashes of brilliance but overall has been underwhelming. Their £50m striker has failed to make any real contribution. And the less i say about their midfield and defence the better.

TRA007

I can't see it. I'd love it if they got something out of tomorrows game but they just dont have a good enough squad. Or first team for that matter. Sanchez looks half the player he was last, probably because he'll be off soon. Ozil has flashes of brilliance but overall has been underwhelming. Their £50m striker has failed to make any real contribution. And the less i say about their midfield and defence the better.
Exactly, as of right now they are nowhere near their best but they are still slugging out some results. Their are no expectations this time as most people are just plain out dissapointed in them so no pressure. But again mine is just a hunch and they will probably prove it wrong.

OneUnited24

Exactly, as of right now they are nowhere near their best but they are still slugging out some results. Their are no expectations this time as most people are just plain out dissapointed in them so no pressure. But again mine is just a hunch and they will probably prove it wrong.
Not sure what you mean by this. There havent been any real expectations on them for a number of years now. Even when Leicester won the league no one thought Asnl would be able to mount any challenge. Which is pretty shocking when all the other top clubs that season had off seasons.

JSArsenal

This Arsenal side are just missing one key player: Cazorla. The way he used to control our midfield was outstanding.
No we are not. We still don't have any competent back up full backs, Kolasinac is out and rumors are Iwobi will play there instead. What kind of squad building is that, when a defender gets injured and we have to shift a winger back to replace him? Wenger could just play Monreal there and bring Holding in the center. But again why would he make a first choice CB also first choice back up LB?

Cazorla has also been built up to mythical proportions during his time out. He was great but he also isn't the last piece of the puzzle. People forget that he played almost the entirety of the 2014 and 2015 seasons in midfield and we were as far away then from a league title as we are now. We also lost 6-0 against Chelsea and by large scorelines against Liverpool and City as well, when he played in midfield. On the other hand we have that 2-0 win against City with him bossing the game. My point is, he's important to the side but even if he started 38 games this season, we still wouldn't be anywhere near the title because the squad has too many holes.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
@JSArsenal, you forget Cazorla's ability to come out from tigth spaces and pressing, something Xhaka can only dream of. That's the reason why the opponents find it easy to press us.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I am going to get drunk early today and predict an Arsenal win!

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Another big day gone and another useless peformance by Arsene's side. Playing Kolasinac at LB when he's played most games at winger...it was obvious to anyone with a semi functioning brain that we'd get overrun on the left, which is what happened. Ramsey, also useless. Him and Walcott have had more than 200 games at Arsenal and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Sick of Wenger now, he has sucked the life out of my club. I can't even be arsed now to see Arsenal, I know the result beforehand. I can't believe people were expecting anything different. The last 15 minutes were a joke of City's three players playing ping pong in their half while our six players stood watching in awe.

The day Wenger leaves will be like us winning another trophy. Sadly he has his excuses ready for this game.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I left impressed with Arsenal the other day against City, tbh - why have they seemingly struggled or is this merely exaggerated?

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
I'll be surprised if Arsenal wins the Europa League. I don't think they have the mentality for it.
Wenger has become a parody of himself these days. Shame to see a once good manager become so average and nothing he can do to change it with his crazy stubbornness.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Hopefully they spank Spurs, Hoping for an Arsenal win at City may of been a bit much but Spurs at home they should give a seeing to. Spurs will be missing Alderweireld, arguably the best defender in the league, so hopefully Arsenal can get at them. An attacking trio of Lacazette, Ozil, Sanchez can hurt any team in the world.

Kane didnt look 100% the other day either vs Palace, came off around the hour mark so could be nursing an injury, although the international break comes at a good time for him if hes struggling for fitness.

RooneyLegend

Why can't Wenger go with a simple 4-3-3 with a front 6 of Xhaka, Wilshere, Ramsey, Sanchez, Lacazette, and Ozil?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I left impressed with Arsenal the other day against City, tbh - why have they seemingly struggled or is this merely exaggerated?
No, we did quite well. It's just that City were just too strong for us. It's as simple as that.
Starting Lacazette would have helped though.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
So after a terrible august, we have won 22 points in the last 10 games. Not bad, considering the mood surrounding the club.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Dortmund's scout, Barca's football director, Sky's negotiator, Liverpool's trainer. Gazidis is slowly preparing for life after Wenger.
I really hope we can get a Champion's League spot via the EL or top 4 so we can replace Alexis & Ozil and start fresh.

JSArsenal

Dortmund's scout, Barca's football director, Sky's negotiator, Liverpool's trainer. Gazidis is slowly preparing for life after Wenger.
I really hope we can get a Champion's League spot via the EL or top 4 so we can replace Alexis & Ozil and start fresh.
Gazidis needs to focus on improving our awful commercial deals, starting with our kit deal, not just bringing us up to par with other teams' kit deals which they will renegotiate and leave us in the dust again. Our commercial deals are terrible for a club in London with a large fanbase. If I recall, we're one of the only top clubs without a sleeve sponsor, throwing away free money.

We also gave away the naming rights to our stadium to the Emirates for next to nothing as well. This is a start but a lot more work needs to be done.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Dortmund's scout is a massive signing. Read he has brought them the likes of Hummels and Aubameyang :drool:

Djemba-Djemba

Giving Wenger a new contract in the Summer was a terrible decision that is looking even worse as each week passes.

What were they thinking?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Giving Wenger a new contract in the Summer was a terrible decision that is looking even worse as each week passes.

What were they thinking?
Is there a guarantee, that we will have more points with an other manager?
Many of our players are average, horrible contract situation.

I only blame Wenger for the ingame changes (Lacazette changes or Sanchez is allowed to start every game).

Djemba-Djemba

I only blame Wenger for the ingame changes (Lacazette changes or Sanchez is allowed to start every game).
Wenger is the one who's brought in those average players though and he's responsible for the horrible contract situation.

Summer 2018 is going to be an absolute nightmare for Arsenal. Losing their best two players for nothing and it looks like they'll have only Europa League to entice any new players...

breakout67

Supports
Man City

You've got Ozil and Sanchez at the club. Two players that were one of the best in their position in the world before they came.

The idea that Wenger is getting the best out of the players goes against all the evidence. Wenger does not coach his players correctly, he does not prepare them correctly, he indulges players instead of giving them a structure and system to thrive under.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Wenger is the one who's brought in those average players though and he's responsible for the horrible contract situation.

Summer 2018 is going to be an absolute nightmare for Arsenal. Losing their best two players for nothing and it looks like they'll have only Europa League to entice any new players...
Yeah they're gonna be in disarray in the summer. The only solution is to get rid of Wenger and bring in a new manager and hope he can get more out of players like Xhaka, Mustafi and Coquelin than Wenger has because they are gonna have too many problems to fix otherwise.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

There are no guarantees in football. But you can't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket.

With Wenger you are completely stagnant .

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
You've got Ozil and Sanchez at the club. Two players that were one of the best in their position in the world before they came.

The idea that Wenger is getting the best out of the players goes against all the evidence. Wenger does not coach his players correctly, he does not prepare them correctly, he indulges players instead of giving them a structure and system to thrive under.
Sanchez was a back-up for Neymar at Barcelona, surely not one of the bests in the world before he came here. His last season was one of the best in his career or maybe his best. His passing in not great, he lives from scoring goals or assisting goals.
Never was a big fan from him, he is losing the ball so often.

Özil is still our best football player, should play more often with Lacazette and Wilshere. But Laca gets subbed off every time and

We have around 10 offensive players for three positions, but where are the competitors for the positions from Bellerin and Kolasinac? Bellerin is allowed to play average the whole season, because he will have his place in the first eleven. We have no real CDM as alternative for Xhaka. (Please don't say Coquelin).

Welbeck can't control a ball. Especially the players 12-18 are very average, besides of Wilshere. Giroud only works as sub.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Why would he though?
Because he's 29 with a reputation for going missing and therefore I think other big clubs aren't interested. I feel like Arsenal is a safe environment for him now, it pays well and he gets to start week in week out.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Sanchez was a back-up for Neymar at Barcelona, surely not one of the bests in the world before he came here. His last season was one of the best in his career or maybe his best. His passing in not great, he lives from scoring goals or assisting goals.
Never was a big fan from him, he is losing the ball so often.

Özil is still our best football player, should play more often with Lacazette and Wilshere. But Laca gets subbed off every time and

We have around 10 offensive players for three positions, but where are the competitors for the positions from Bellerin and Kolasinac? Bellerin is allowed to play average the whole season, because he will have his place in the first eleven. We have no real CDM as alternative for Xhaka. (Please don't say Coquelin).

Welbeck can't control a ball. Especially the players 12-18 are very average, besides of Wilshere. Giroud only works as sub.
Hasn't Wenger got a list of players that he almost signed? Lacazette has been on Arsenal's radar for several years and had Lacazette been bought earlier he could have been integrated with Ozil much earlier. Kante was definitely achievable for Arsenal as well. Wenger has not spent the money he's spent very well.

There are many managers that have a small budget that are on the same or higher level to him.

If you gave Simeone a few years, he'd sort out your team and have them back in the top 4. The same for Allegri.

Arsenal are crying out for a manager that will give them structure and order, because Wenger is not a modern manager in that respect, he gives too mcuh freedom to his players.

Last edited:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Wenger has become like Clough. He is a victim of his own ego. He thinks no one can do a better job at Arsenal after so many years in charge.

RooneyLegend

They should give their two out of contract stars however much they want. They have problems in midfield, why would they also have the same in attack? A new Sanchez will cost the 50 million in transfer fees and probably 40 million in wages over 5 years. Thats 90 million they can so without spending and instead sort out other areas.

Also they need a coach asap, maybe he should look out for quality coaches like Sir Alex used to.